+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a.R. said:
Lets go for petition. What do you guys say?
I'm in. Let's protest, either online or on street. This is a problem with federal government, CIC Calgary being understaffed is a federal decision, not the local office's. Write to MPs would help too. Shame on Tories.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shozee said:
Guys

Can anyone tell me that if you have entry and exit stamp of UAE which is partly in Arabic, needs to be translated too? As I see it, half of this stamp is in English and other half is in Arabic. Please advise.
1. Go to page 29 of this topic and see my post (#2) with reference to point 5. Its noticeable on this forum that non translated stamps are an issue for most applicants.

2. You need to make a personal decision on whether you should follow CIC's instructions which state that translations are required and the risk of getting an RQ if the officer on test date doesn't understand the stamps or go with those whose luck on the day trumped this requirement.

3. Hint - the officer has say 10 minutes max to review your situation because she/he has to clear her/his 10 candidates in a test group of say 40/50 that must be interviewed and tested within 2 hours before the next test batch are in. Do you think he/she has time to sit there and discuss the merits of your non translated stamps? In contrast you have at Calgary over 12 months to get to the test date which gives you more than enough time to get the translations done.

shozee

Apr 24, 2014
yycdxb...Thanks for the advice.
Super Citizen, Could you write the number on which you called CIC, Please?

dreamchaser

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
a.R. said:
SuperCitizen, Dreamchaser and shozee, you guys are next if we go by in process date. APR2013APP and SuperCitizen are next if we go by LOT. So guys keep us posted.
I had called CIC last week but learnt nothing new on my application. I will post here as soon as I hear something. I aam moving within Calgary at the end of the month so hpe that does not cause any delays in this already snail pace process.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Guys finally some hope for Calgary . I do believe that a major reason of Calgary s slow processing is the lack of CJs. So read below .

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=872659

New decision-making model

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has significantly improved its ability to process applications by increasing its decision making capacity from approximately 30 citizenship judges to more than 450 decision makers.
Under the new decision-making model - a one-step process as opposed to the former three-step one - citizenship officers now decide all aspects of most citizenship applications. Under the old model, obtaining citizenship involved too much duplication of work. Citizenship officers reviewed the files and prepared them for a citizenship judge, who approved or rejected the application, returned it to the officer, who then granted citizenship on behalf of the Minister or recommended an appeal of the judge's decision.

On a transitional basis, cases where the officer believes the applicant does not meet the residence requirement will be referred to citizenship judges for decision. Citizenship judges will also remain responsible for the important role of presiding over citizenship ceremonies and administering the oath of citizenship, which is the final step before citizenship is granted.

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
informatics said:
Guys finally some hope for Calgary . I do believe that a major reason of Calgary s slow processing is the lack of CJs. So read below .

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=872659

New decision-making model

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has significantly improved its ability to process applications by increasing its decision making capacity from approximately 30 citizenship judges to more than 450 decision makers.
Under the new decision-making model - a one-step process as opposed to the former three-step one - citizenship officers now decide all aspects of most citizenship applications. Under the old model, obtaining citizenship involved too much duplication of work. Citizenship officers reviewed the files and prepared them for a citizenship judge, who approved or rejected the application, returned it to the officer, who then granted citizenship on behalf of the Minister or recommended an appeal of the judge's decision.

On a transitional basis, cases where the officer believes the applicant does not meet the residence requirement will be referred to citizenship judges for decision. Citizenship judges will also remain responsible for the important role of presiding over citizenship ceremonies and administering the oath of citizenship, which is the final step before citizenship is granted.
Good news! thanks for sharing!

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
a.R. said:
Lets see how much of impact this will have. Still too early to say anything.
You are right we need to see , however it appears that any improvement in processing times won't be immediate .On the other hand we could expect to see a gradual improvement . Lets be positive and keep our fingers crossed.

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informatics said:
You are right we need to see , however it appears that any improvement in processing times won't be immediate .On the other hand we could expect to see a gradual improvement . Lets be positive and keep our fingers crossed.
Yeah...hopefully, but who knows....

temo

Aug 4, 2014
Gents,

The last update I got from CIC, that my file was transfered to my local office (Calgary) on July,20,2014.

Any idea when I should get a call for a test?

Thanks!

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
temo said:
Gents,

The last update I got from CIC, that my file was transfered to my local office (Calgary) on July,20,2014.

Any idea when I should get a call for a test?

Thanks!
Hi ,

Could you please share your so far timelines with us. Besides , I believe you would have managed to get info about your LOT transfer date by calling to CIC . Kindly confirm .

Thanks

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
a.R. said:
Lets see how much of impact this will have. Still too early to say anything.
this decision has come in effect according to the link given n soon we'll see our tests n oaths coming because the number of decision makers is really big from the citizenship judges n informatics thanks for sharing the news it makes our hopes high