+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Folks,

Here is a logical question to test (not the citizenship test!)

Excerpt CIC website from the above link:

“Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has significantly improved its ability to process applications by increasing its decision making capacity from approximately 30 citizenship judges to more than 450 decision makers”

Let’s make a wild guess: based on the pre Aug 2014 situation, I was expecting my test invite in 6months, since the decision capacity is multiplied by more than 15 times, if I reduce my expected wait by 15times, I should get my test invite approximately within a week, in worst case scenario it should not take more than 30 to 45 days from now. Let’s see if CIC case workers (or so called decision makers) willing meet that deadline.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
YYC_CICGUY said:
Folks,

Here is a logical question to test (not the citizenship test!)

Excerpt CIC website from the above link:

“Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has significantly improved its ability to process applications by increasing its decision making capacity from approximately 30 citizenship judges to more than 450 decision makers”

Let's make a wild guess: based on the pre Aug 2014 situation, I was expecting my test invite in 6months, since the decision capacity is multiplied by more than 15 times, if I reduce my expected wait by 15times, I should get my test invite approximately within a week, in worst case scenario it should not take more than 30 to 45 days from now. Let's see if CIC case workers (or so called decision makers) willing meet that deadline.
Good guess ;D :D .Lov'in it 8) 8).

However , I would try to sound a little passimist here. Going to apply next month and expect to receive a test invite within an year of application.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YYC_CICGUY said:
Folks,
Let's make a wild guess: based on the pre Aug 2014 situation, I was expecting my test invite in 6months, since the decision capacity is multiplied by more than 15 times, if I reduce my expected wait by 15times, I should get my test invite approximately within a week, in worst case scenario it should not take more than 30 to 45 days from now. Let's see if CIC case workers (or so called decision makers) willing meet that deadline.
1. The timeline from application to test date for YYC is circa 16-18 months.

2. The timeline from test date to oath at YYC is being quoted by CIC at test as 1-3 months.

CJ is only involved in stage 2 for routine applications so the CJ not being involved anymore as per changes on August 1, 2014 will shave say 2 months off the total timeline. The CJ issue is a red herring...YYC needs more case officers period so step 1 above which is where the delay really is can be 6-8 months like most of the GTA!

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Msafiri said:
1. The timeline from application to test date for YYC is circa 16-18 months.

2. The timeline from test date to oath at YYC is being quoted by CIC at test as 1-3 months.

CJ is only involved in stage 2 for routine applications so the CJ not being involved anymore as per changes on August 1, 2014 will shave say 2 months off the total timeline. The CJ issue is a red herring...YYC needs more case officers period so step 1 above which is where the delay really is can be 6-8 months like most of the GTA!

So msafari by 6-8 months you mean the whole process please clarify
Thanks

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Yet again the format of the sheet is screwed. Please, before making any changes try to understand the sheet and even if you screw it up please revert the changes made by pressing "crt z" before closing the tab. Do keep in mind that other people have to put in time and fix all the formatting and make the sheet understandable for everyone. Use the sheet responsibly.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Hello ,

I do feel unlucky to have Calgary as my local office .One of my friends in Mississauga got processed in just 5 months !