+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

alexsteward

Star Member
Sep 21, 2008
Hi,

I had applied for Citizenship on Dec, 2012. They had started processing my application in April , 2013 at Calgary Office.

I did not hear back from them yet? Is my timeline normal??

Please GUIDE and suggest as what are the steps after this?

When can i expect a response from them if my application is considered normal?

ksenya

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 4, 2012.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 4, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on January 30, 2013.

I called CIC, answer: wait for the interview, your case in Calgary, processing time - 25 months... :'(

Panorama47

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Hello Ksenya,
I could see your application processing started January 30 2013. I submitted October 2012 and my processing started Feb 23 2013, have you heard any thing from CIC. I am a Calgarian.!
Thanks

Panorama47

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Alexsteward please do not hesitate sharing any useful information with us. My timeline is just in-between you and Ksenya.
I submitted October 2012 and my processing started Feb 23 2013, have you heard any thing from CIC. I am a Calgarian.!
Thanks to everyone!! ::)

Panorama47

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
I have a very close friend who submitted April 2012. And his processing started January 2013 , he got his letter to come for his citizenship exam Feb 2014 ending.
May be a useful update for everyone!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In Process used to indicate a transfer to the Local Office but not any more. It means Sidney has opened your file, found it acceptable and will commence initiating background checks and the RQ triage check.

Call CIC and ask the question "On what date was my file transferred to Calgary?" - Don't ask has my file been transferred you will likely get a meaningless yes, no or its on the way there.

Once you get a transfer date add 9 months to this as the timeline CIC has to schedule a test. Local office transfers from Sidney to Calgary appear to be around the 12 month mark from submission date/ 7 months from 'In Process' date.

Give it another 5-9 months for test schedule and you note its about 15 months from submission date to test date.

Calgary has 2 CJs and is overworked/ under resourced given it deals with a huge geographical spread. Add in the flooding issues.

Total timeline to oath will be 18 months - so towards the end of the current quoted average timeline.

Panorama47

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Msafiri please what is best number to use to contact CIC and what are the information I should get handy ?

Thanks.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
In Process used to indicate a transfer to the Local Office but not any more. It means Sidney has opened your file, found it acceptable and will commence initiating background checks and the RQ triage check.

Call CIC and ask the question "On what date was my file transferred to Calgary?" - Don't ask has my file been transferred you will likely get a meaningless yes, no or its on the way there.

Once you get a transfer date add 9 months to this as the timeline CIC has to schedule a test. Local office transfers from Sidney to Calgary appear to be around the 12 month mark from submission date/ 7 months from 'In Process' date.

Give it another 5-9 months for test schedule and you note its about 15 months from submission date to test date.

Calgary has 2 CJs and is overworked/ under resourced given it deals with a huge geographical spread. Add in the flooding issues.

Total timeline to oath will be 18 months - so towards the end of the current quoted average timeline.
Once, the agent asked me the reason I am asking about the date. She said that this is internal information. Sure some agents will be helpful. But not every time.

+1 888-242-2100

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Have the client ID handy. That's it!

justmeinyyc

Jan 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied in Jan 2012, took my test in Sept 2013 & oath in Oct 2013. My file was transferred to Calgary in Apr 2013 but I believe the floods negatively impacted the processing times last summer. The Harry Hays Building (CIC offices for Calgary) were directly hit.
My application was very routine.

Good luck, I hope things move quickly for all of you waiting!

Panorama47

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Hi Everyone,
I followed your advice I spoke with the agent, very polite and courteous lady. She confirmed that my file was transferred October 17th 2013. I query further on what next and I was told the normal practice is 9months after my file was transferred and if my clearance expired or what ever issue it will be 9months after that has been done. But so far there was nothing like that showing on my file.

From the time line of justmeinyyc it is 9miths after the file was transferred.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
Once, the agent asked me the reason I am asking about the date. She said that this is internal information. Sure some agents will be helpful. But not every time.

+1 888-242-2100

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Have the client ID handy. That's it!
Just say politely - " The reason is I have paid 200 dollars for this process and have the right to know what stage my application is at. If this is a problem I am happy to discuss it with your supervisor if you can put them on the line. I will need your name and/ or badge number to discuss this with the supervisor. Thanks"

You should get the date right away!

Calcan

Jan 1, 2014
I believe, Calgary is one of the slowest office in Canada. In other parts people, who applied in second half of 2013 are getting test request but for us no.
Lets hope things will speed up.

dineshabe

Aug 16, 2010
phew i found u guys finally !! :)

applied oct 2012 , started "processing" in feb 2013.

angen told me today bkground done, was sent to cgy oct 2013.

so i am guessing test will be in july if the cic gods decide to work on files instead of playing solitaire ?

JoeYYC

Jan 18, 2014
dineshabe said:
phew i found u guys finally !! :)

applied oct 2012 , started "processing" in feb 2013.

angen told me today bkground done, was sent to cgy oct 2013.

so i am guessing test will be in july if the cic gods decide to work on files instead of playing solitaire ?
Eh!! don't be that optimistic, Calgary is a Conservative stronghold and they don't need to appease immigrants here. They are working hard elsewhere to appease immigrants, especially in Ontario, where immigrants' votes might mean majority gov/minority gov/ or kissing the office goodbye.