+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Met up with a good friend and his spouse for lunch earlier today - she had her test at Calgary this week. Process was first interview for all then second the test with same start time for all. A couple of things gleaned/informed:

1. If you pass - oath in 1 to 3 months

2. If you fail - retest in 6-8 weeks

3. If you fail re-test then see CJ for oral hearing - 4-6 months

4. August oath spots filled (yycdbx can confirm next Tuesday when he/she has test)

5. Seems those with non translated stamps got Mini-RQs (overhead CO specifying required items i.e. records of movements and translations unlike full RQ)

6. Test as expected was all Discover Canada based so it will be across a range of subjects and its pointless stating what was asked - subject matter is the same i.e. legal system, voting system etc.

7. Test result issued on the spot post completion but away from the test room (this as per OB release and helps fix re-schedule)

8. Employment is a standard review item now and CIC seem to be wanting more detail (ties in with changing forms). No more do you work yes/no but where do you work, what do you do, how long for etc

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a.R. said:
Ohh, my bad.
LOL!
NP a.R. I had a good chuckle. But I didnt take a username after the sports team, this was (as mentioned by apr2013app) after the nick name for a Canadian.

Jul 25, 2014
@APR2013APP Looks like we have similar timelines. I'm trying to update the excel sheet but wasn't able to so i requested a share access. Hopefully i'll get it and i'll do the update. Anyhow, here's my timeline:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 24, 2013.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 24, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on July 9, 2013.

4. We sent you a letter on February 10, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The above request on Feb 10th was a Fingerprints request which i submitted couple days later and I called the CIC contact centre, they said they've received everything, it all looks good and the local office will call me when they're ready for me. The LOT happened at the end of Jan 2014. Not sure if the FP request will delay my test date, anyone has any experience with that?

Thanks,

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
YYC_April24_2013 said:
@ APR2013APP Looks like we have similar timelines. I'm trying to update the excel sheet but wasn't able to so i requested a share access. Hopefully i'll get it and i'll do the update. Anyhow, here's my timeline:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 24, 2013.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 24, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on July 9, 2013.

4. We sent you a letter on February 10, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The above request on Feb 10th was a Fingerprints request which i submitted couple days later and I called the CIC contact centre, they said they've received everything, it all looks good and the local office will call me when they're ready for me. The LOT happened at the end of Jan 2014. Not sure if the FP request will delay my test date, anyone has any experience with that?

Thanks,

I dont think fingerprints alone cause any delay, not sure if the FP request put you in non-routine queue....Msafiri, you comments are highly appreciated.

Thx
YYC

Timmy Z

Jul 29, 2014
Hello everyone,

I would like to share my timeline:

Application signed: February 21, 2013
AOR: February 28, 2013
Processing started: May 2, 2013 (October 25 for the child)
LOT: October 30, 2013
Test notification: July 18, 2014 (received in the mail on the 21st, info on ECAS updated on the 22nd)
Test date: August 12, 2014

It looks like the timeline is consistent with other applications submitted around Q1-2013. Mine is a family application (2 adults and 1 child) and it has been straightforward so far (no RQ or fingerprints requests).

Calgarian_SW

Jan 20, 2014
Is it fair to say that if the CIC Calgary office is currently issuing test notification for applications with LOT approx. early Nov 2013, then I would expect my turn around 2-3 months from today since my LOT was in Jan 2014?

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Calgary has been processing October applicants for the past two months. I'm really amazed at the pace of Calgary office. Also, as masafri mentioned that the LOT might not the right criteria for interview notification, most probably it is the in process date. Either way I don't understand why it takes so long for Calgary to process applications. All of the background checks are completed in Sydney. All these guys have to do is make sure that everything is in place and schedule test, right?? I personally think its unfair if rest of Canada is processing applications within 8 months, while Calgarians have to wait for two year. Any suggestions on how this issue can be highlighted so the government can take some action?

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
SuperCitizen, Dreamchaser and shozee, you guys are next if we go by in process date. APR2013APP and SuperCitizen are next if we go by LOT. So guys keep us posted.

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
a.R. said:
SuperCitizen, Dreamchaser and shozee, you guys are next if we go by in process date. APR2013APP and SuperCitizen are next if we go by LOT. So guys keep us posted.
I don’t think the pick is by process date or LOT, but my wild guess is they pick the applications for a three month period and they place all applications on a table and then they come to the table and close the eyes and then they start pinky-pinky-ponky…and whatever they touch they pick-up and process

;D ;D ;D

Sorry for the above…just little fun, but the process is not clear and I don’t think they are following any single method to guess it correctly.

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
a.R. said:
Calgary has been processing October applicants for the past two months. I'm really amazed at the pace of Calgary office. Also, as masafri mentioned that the LOT might not the right criteria for interview notification, most probably it is the in process date. Either way I don't understand why it takes so long for Calgary to process applications. All of the background checks are completed in Sydney. All these guys have to do is make sure that everything is in place and schedule test, right?? I personally think its unfair if rest of Canada is processing applications within 8 months, while Calgarians have to wait for two year. Any suggestions on how this issue can be highlighted so the government can take some action?
a.R.

Just curious about your comments on October above - are you referring '12 or '13 ?? as we both are in the same boat.

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
a.R. said:
How about a petition(Change.org or something else) to all the Hon. MPs in Calgary area and the Hon. Minister ?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YYC_CICGUY said:
I dont think fingerprints alone cause any delay, not sure if the FP request put you in non-routine queue....Msafiri, you comments are highly appreciated.

Thx
YYC
Fingerprints add to the processing time for the Criminality (RCMP) checks but this relative to the overall processing time for Calgary is relatively minor..so say 1-2 months. Issue is more if/where the fingerprints submission is near/at currently valid check expiry..it may just push you into the next test batch.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a.R. said:
Calgary CIC is understaffed for the caseload it handles...the city is experiencing significant growth levels courtesy of oil. These growth services are stretching service levels across all sectors.