+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

CanadaNewComer

Apr 5, 2022
i heard different, they have 6 month to approve after AOR. i dont know for sure. it seems IRCC is all over the place
That’s not the case. There’re many MPs in October/November 2022 still no updates. Their security “not started”. Some are approaching 6 months and some are over 6 months already.

CanadaNewComer

Apr 5, 2022
Yeah, I don't think its a glitch. I just called and the helpline said my BG is in progress.
As I known, background starts a day or couple days before AOR if you were to look at GCMS notes. You’d see something as “info-sharing” start date… due day… Criminality/BID biometric start day… due day… and security start day… They’re all parts of background checks

CanadaNewComer

Apr 5, 2022
Same here....got changed to in progress on 19th

. I guess some employees were really pissed off or they wanted us to believe files are processing so we won't be worried while strike lasts and don't try to call IRCC for update
I had called them on 18th and they said my Criminality passed which is part of background check. Then when I call in as well as my GC key started showing background check in process on the 18th later that day. And then on the 19th the tracker changed to in progress as well. It's not very accurate as it shows Eligibility not started but when I call they said Eligibility passed on 2nd of Feb. But I don't think that background check update is a glitch unless it was just good timing for me lol. Hope for the best that it's a batch push for security for all lol.
Did your “eligibility” turn “green” or show as “complete”?

CanadaNewComer

Apr 5, 2022
Background process changed to "in progress" for me too. May be a bug or they send all the "not started" profile files to CSIS for security checks before going for strike lol
That’s gonna be a nightmare man. Once “security” turns to “in process”, there’re years to come before another update. Normally, they wouldn’t do that in the past unless applicants have special work experience or US travel history because security goes after info-sharing from the FCC. For those without special background in the past, info-sharing will either be NRT or skipped and security will be skipped left as blank as well. Since the update was right before the strike, what a coincidence? Hope they’re not doing that to us.

Last edited:

Deewar

Star Member
Jun 12, 2022
Did your “eligibility” turn “green” or show as “complete”?
The tracker shows eligibility as not started. But when I call in and ask they tell me it was passed on 1st of Feb. And I have called 3 times and 3 different agents have said the same thing.

Deewar

Star Member
Jun 12, 2022
AR: 1 March 2023
AOR: 4 April 2023
Tracker changed on 19th for Background check
OINP Master's stream.
Okay your statement 'I will let them process as per their pace. And will start worry around End of this year.' makes more sense now lol. I was like who is this guy, need to master patience like this person. I am at 18.5 months since AR.

Reactions: buddy013

jay4121997

Star Member
Jan 18, 2023
Okay your statement 'I will let them process as per their pace. And will start worry around End of this year.' makes more sense now lol. I was like who is this guy, need to master patience like this person. I am at 18.5 months since AR.
Make sense for you to be frustrated.
I hope you will get decision soon.

Good luck

Reactions: Deewar

SCW

Aug 22, 2018
Hello - I have a question for those who have received GCMS notes on their PR application.
According to my GCMS notes, the officer at the Centralized Intake Office has made the following note about my application on the day they sent my AOR: "Based on Schedule A and Police Certificate review, Recommendation Review Required."
I am interested to know whether others have the same note in their GCMS file. I am curious whether this is a standard comment/note or whether my Schedule A and Police Certificate triggered an additional review.
Thanks everyone.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hello - I have a question for those who have received GCMS notes on their PR application.
According to my GCMS notes, the officer at the Centralized Intake Office has made the following note about my application on the day they sent my AOR: "Based on Schedule A and Police Certificate review, Recommendation Review Required."
I am interested to know whether others have the same note in their GCMS file. I am curious whether this is a standard comment/note or whether my Schedule A and Police Certificate triggered an additional review.
Thanks everyone.
Hard to answer bro. It could be many, many things, including suspicion that maybe they thought your certificate was fake; anything. I'd suggest putting it behind you and taking a break, you waited a long time to earn your PR.

Reactions: SCW