+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No confirmation email.

Shah79

Star Member
Aug 12, 2019
me, yes.
Sub on Dec 7th and AOR on January 16th. I did not get the confirmation email people get 1-2 days after submission.
Good.you didn't get confirmation email?I also didn't get confirmation email.26 Dec I submitted my application as a non express entry as a PNP application for Saskatchewan.

Haaya

Dec 2, 2023
I don't believe this is true for spousal sponsorship; it may be true for other types of applications. AOR is 1-3 months for spousal sponsorship.

Then stop worrying.

Ignore the call centre with respect to this question. They generally cannot 'see' applications until the AOR is received, which is 1-3 months.
It has been six months since we informed them about our marriage and waited for the email but submitted the documents without receiving any email from them now it has been two months and still no email to submit other documents it has almost been a year in total what can be the reason I know it takes time but they are taking forever to just ask us to submit it

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It has been six months since we informed them about our marriage and waited for the email but submitted the documents without receiving any email from them now it has been two months and still no email to submit other documents it has almost been a year in total what can be the reason I know it takes time but they are taking forever to just ask us to submit it
I cannot read that sentence.

C.h.r.i.s.t.y

Feb 6, 2020
I’m facing the same issue too, I submitted 27th of December. but is it possible for me to book biometrics without confirmation letter?
My application was just returned today and the letter says “
Please note your application has been rejected for the following reason:
Country Specific Requirements
You may need to submit extra forms based on where the person you’re sponsoring lives.
When you visit the application package page on the IRCC website, you’ll select a country or territory to get country-specific instructions for documents such as:
IMM 5546 Details of Military Service
You’ll find country specific requirements on the application package page. Please visit:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp”
Please what am I supposed to do?

Tarikla

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
My application was just returned today and the letter says “
Please note your application has been rejected for the following reason:
Country Specific Requirements
You may need to submit extra forms based on where the person you’re sponsoring lives.
When you visit the application package page on the IRCC website, you’ll select a country or territory to get country-specific instructions for documents such as:
IMM 5546 Details of Military Service
You’ll find country specific requirements on the application package page. Please visit:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp”
Please what am I supposed to do?
The letter is self-explanatory, you need to resubmit your application with the country-specific documents, in your case AT LEAST with the IMM 5546 filled. Beware that there may be more documents required, please visit the link provided to check what you need to submit.

Reactions: C.h.r.i.s.t.y

C.h.r.i.s.t.y

Feb 6, 2020
The letter is self-explanatory, you need to resubmit your application with the country-specific documents, in your case AT LEAST with the IMM 5546 filled. Beware that there may be more documents required, please visit the link provided to check what you need to submit.
It says that I have to fill in details of military service but I’ve never been in the military do I need to write a letter of explanation?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It says that I have to fill in details of military service but I’ve never been in the military do I need to write a letter of explanation?
Yes. I'd suggest you attach the form and fill out at least part and write some explanatory text there- like DID NOT SERVE. If the country has obligatory service and you did not serve, explain why (eg 'was out of country when reached service age' or student exemption or alternative service or whatever).

Note, I would suggest disclosing any government service or classes that you might have taken that were considered part of military prep (eg some countries have required courses one must take if on an educational / university exemption).