+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No confirmation email.

Choosen

Dec 4, 2017
Hello,
I haven't received any confirmation in my email that my application was submitted. Most people receive it after 1-2 days. However my online portal displays SUBMITTED.
Someone in the same case told me they called ircc and ircc says they haven't received any application so he's going to reapply again. I'm confused.

Reactions: itsron

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,
I haven't received any confirmation in my email that my application was submitted. Most people receive it after 1-2 days.
I don't believe this is true for spousal sponsorship; it may be true for other types of applications. AOR is 1-3 months for spousal sponsorship.

However my online portal displays SUBMITTED.
Then stop worrying.

Someone in the same case told me they called ircc and ircc says they haven't received any application so he's going to reapply again. I'm confused.
Ignore the call centre with respect to this question. They generally cannot 'see' applications until the AOR is received, which is 1-3 months.

Reactions: YVR123

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
I don't believe this is true for spousal sponsorship; it may be true for other types of applications. AOR is 1-3 months for spousal sponsorship.

Then stop worrying.

Ignore the call centre with respect to this question. They generally cannot 'see' applications until the AOR is received, which is 1-3 months.
I don’t think they are talking about AOR. Normally when you submit the application you just get a email stating you have submitted an application for permanent Resident through the portal ! I think that is what they talking about .

Choosen

Dec 4, 2017
I don’t think they are talking about AOR. Normally when you submit the application you just get a email stating you have submitted an application for permanent Resident through the portal ! I think that is what they talking about .
Exactly !

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
Hi I can confirm that when I submitted my application I did not get any email either so it's normal, you don't have to worry about at this point and just wait for AOR

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Repeat, they do not seem to send a confirmation email upon submission.

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Repeat, they do not seem to send a confirmation email upon submission.
Yes they do! After submitting the application through the portal you just get an email confirmation stating they receive your application ! My husband received this after submitting his application through the portal!! This is not an AOR it’s just a confirmation stating you submitted an application through the permanent resident portal! If you didn’t get any just say so! But don’t tell them it’s not true! It’s just a simple generic confirmation stating “ your permanent residence application has been successfully submitted” I’m looking at my husband email right now! So some people get it and I guess some don’t!

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes they do! After submitting the application through the portal you just get an email confirmation stating they receive your application ! My husband received this after submitting his application through the portal!! This is not an AOR it’s just a confirmation stating you submitted an application through the permanent resident portal! If you didn’t get any just say so! But don’t tell them it’s not true! It’s just a simple generic confirmation stating “ your permanent residence application has been successfully submitted” I’m looking at my husband email right now! So some people get it and I guess some don’t!
First I've heard of this - changing procedures, I guess. Fair enough and thank you for the info.

Unfortunately, an email that they sometimes send and sometimes don't is actually worse (IMO) than not sending them at all.

Therefore, I still say if the portal says 'submitted', then it's been ... submitted.

Reactions: lovindahubby

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
First I've heard of this - changing procedures, I guess. Fair enough and thank you for the info.

Unfortunately, an email that they sometimes send and sometimes don't is actually worse (IMO) than not sending them at all.

Therefore, I still say if the portal says 'submitted', then it's been ... submitted.
Yes it’s kinda weird because they send it out to some and some don’t .. it’s just a generic email just like when you apply for something they say it’s submitted and do not reply back to that email, just stating they receive something . Even after they send back the application and you re-submit again you get that email . Not sure why

Reactions: armoured

lauraeuro

Sep 8, 2018
Hi I can confirm that when I submitted my application I did not get any email either so it's normal, you don't have to worry about at this point and just wait for AOR

Hello,
I am in the same situation (application says submitted but no email to confirm this submission). Since some received and you did not, I guess you received the AOR and that your application is in process, right?

Tarikla

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023

I can confirm that they now send an email as soon as you submit the PR application, my wife got one and she applied on Dec 13. It's also a document that is required if you apply for an OWP under the new policy (Dec 7) that allows you to apply without the AOR if your current status expires in less than 2 weeks.

For the actual issue, I'd check mail filters, checking spam inbox etc.

Lihei

Dec 27, 2023
I am in the same situation! I submitted my application on the 22nd of December but there is no confirmation email stating that my application has been received. I gave it some time as it is holiday season but there is no confirmation yet. Hoping this is normal.

Rajvinder Singh

Nov 30, 2018
I too submitted application on 24 dec but no acknowledgement email. But in portal it shows time and date of submission and status says submitted.
I think everyone don