Star Member
Aug 12, 2019
What option I should choose.
1.update or ask about your application.
2.report a technical problem.

Lihei

Dec 27, 2023
Good question!
I submitted the web form a few days after submitting my application. No I did not receive the confirmation email. I only received a reply from the web form I submitted that my application was received. If applicants don’t get the confirmation email the next day or same day, they will not be receiving them after weeks. Unless there has been a technical issue, your application has been submitted and all you can do is wait for AOR or any other response from IRCC.

nginmtl

Oct 11, 2022
Hi everyone,

A few of us in the December 2023 - Outland Spousal Sponsorship thread also didn't get confirmation emails. I submitted on Dec 23 and didn't get one, but someone who submitted on the 29th did. So it seems to be just a temporary technical issue.

I sent a support request through the web form, and just heard back today. They said

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application was received on December 23, 2023. It is in queue for review.

It was assigned this temporary application number: XXXXXXXXXXX.

Once it has been reviewed by the responsible office to ensure it is complete, you will be provided with a permanent application number.

In the meantime, it is not possible to link your application to an online account using the temporary application number in order to view its status.

Rest assured that IRCC is are making all the necessary efforts to finalize applications as soon as possible. You will be contacted if additional information is required.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
So it seems like everything is okay and the next step is to wait for AOR!

kirby97

Sep 13, 2018
An update to all, I submitted my application on 25 December and sent a web form on 31 December and I just got a reply they can confirm that my application has been received.

itsron

Mar 31, 2019
Same situation but for spousal sponsorship (family class, outland). Clicked submit on December 26, but it was loading forever so I logged out and logged in. Then I saw the status as submitted. I didn't receive any email.
Submitted a Web form on 8th and got a reply today that they've received it.