+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerians/Ghanaians who have applied for study visa for Fall 2018 gather here

Sep 18, 2014
Dear House

I need advise with the documents I need to present for the study permit apart from the LOE, acceptance letter, Financial proof, etc.

Also if I apply online can I go ahead and do Medicals to save time.
Thanks

Tamcykul

Feb 20, 2018
Did u submit ur upfront medicals together with ur application or what? And yeah I think u can still get a positive decision.

Jeanmakoun

Jul 12, 2018
Did u submit ur upfront medicals together with ur application or what? And yeah I think u can still get a positive decision.
Yeah. Submitted the upfront medicals with the online application required documents. I'm just a bit worried cos my college in Canada resumes ending of August.

Reactions: Ladyc

Tamcykul

Feb 20, 2018
Yeah. Submitted the upfront medicals with the online application required documents. I'm just a bit worried cos my college in Canada resumes ending of August.
OK.. when did u file ur application? Was it online or paper route? Just stay Positive, u will get an approval

Liquid_231

Star Member
May 9, 2018
Guys guys! You need to relax. Trust me you have to. You have to calm your nerves especially if you haven't received any updates from CIC for a long time. I know its hard. Send webforms and emails to them but dontd forget to pray. That's all you have to do. Cos no matter what you do, they still have your files. It took some 16 good weeks to receive updates and still got approved. Some applied in March, and are now getting their approvals. Its hard to wait for long, some even had to even defer their semesters, others had to miss their flights, these are all disturbing but at the end, trust me you will definitely laugh.

So do what you have to do, redirect your focus to something else, distruct yourself with something good, this will help reduce the tension and keep praying.

Cheers!
Liquid.

Last edited:

Jeanmakoun

Jul 12, 2018
Guys guys! You need to relax. Trust me you have to. You have to calm your nerves especially if you haven't received any updates from CIC for a long time. I know its hard. Send webforms and emails to them but dondo forget to pray. That's all you have to do. Cos no matter what you do, they still have your files. It took some 16 good weeks to receive updates and still got approved. Some applied in March, they are now getting their approavals. Its hard to wait for long, some even had to even defer their semesters, others had to miss their flights, these are all disturbing but at the end, trust me you will laugh.

So do have you have to do, redirect your focus to something else, distruct yourself with something good, this will help reducerthe tension and keep praying.

Cheers!
Liquid.
You're absolutely right. My resumption to college is a month from now, the college already sending welcoming updates to me (not even knowing I'm not yet in the country). Might even seek for extension to my resumption to early September. I'm just waiting for the 10weeks processing time (here in Nigeria) to elapse, if nothing is heard from the embassy, then, might have to forward a mail/call to them. In all these, one thing is still paramount: Faith in God! His time and will for us is always the best.

Tamcykul

Feb 20, 2018
Hey, have u gotten any update yet, has ur medicals been updated?
You're absolutely right. My resumption to college is a month from now, the college already sending welcoming updates to me (not even knowing I'm not yet in the country). Might even seek for extension to my resumption to early September. I'm just waiting for the 10weeks processing time (here in Nigeria) to elapse, if nothing is heard from the embassy, then, might have to forward a mail/call to them. In all these, one thing is still paramount: Faith in God! His time and will for us is always the best.

Jeanmakoun

Jul 12, 2018
Hey, have u gotten any update yet, has ur medicals been updated?
Nope. As a matter of fact, few minutes ago, I received a mail from CIC stating "your account has not been updated since you last checked. Thanks for your patience."
This is the second time I'm receiving this message (the other time was on this day last month). How about you, any update so far?

dami_fad

Mar 7, 2018
Nope. As a matter of fact, few minutes ago, I received a mail from CIC stating "your account has not been updated since you last checked. Thanks for your patience."
This is the second time I'm receiving this message (the other time was on this day last month). How about you, any update so far?
I don't think u need to worry too much
D same tin happened to me
When I got d second message, few days after my application was updated with request for medicals although I already did upfront medical....
My point is it's a good sign
Also I think I applied around d same time u did may 23( online)