+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Omoelle

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
1/2/12...... submitted 10/2/12
AOR Received.
24/5/10 in process:7/12/11, started processing: 18/4/12
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26/5/10
Med's Request
18/06/2012
Med's Done....
18/07/2012
Passport Req..
10/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
29/10/12
LANDED..........
9/12/12
Elders
I got ds mail from Accra today, once I submit this,

1.how long do I need to wait to get to next step

2. What's is dat next stage sef.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:
· Updated proof of unencumbered and readily transferable funds in a convertible currency available for settlement in Canada (for you and your family members). Please provide bank statements from the past 12 months. These funds must be available for you and your dependents, whether they are accompanying or not. For more information, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp.

· Sealed academic transcripts for your spouse

;) can we say Accra is working !!!!

mfoniso

Star Member
Feb 22, 2011
abj
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Quebec selected SW
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2011
Doc's Request.
additional info requested: 29/11/2011
AOR Received.
22/08/2011
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
in process as at May 01, 2012......MR coming soon
tinuadeadebola said:
Silence is golden so i will just move on rather than dwell in the past. I spoke to one of us Mogbenga who has just landed and is with Pa Seglad they both send their warm regards even though they complained about the weather.

@ A Nigerian please whats happening at your end? am waiting to hear they have added a line to your status so i can quickly check mine oh lol

@ The jackson how are you doing? and how is Zaria? may God continue to keep us safe particularly those of us in the North

@ Abuja Peeps sometimes towards the end of December we talked about having a meeting sort of where we meet ourselves, share ideas and network, January is gone and i think we can do something this February what do you guys think? please if you are in this region could you please pm me your phone no just in case you dont want to put it bare? I can be reached on 08033496811just in case you want to reach me on phone.

All the best to us all.
Tinu
Hi Tinu,

its good you mentioned abujaites coming together. When the idea was mentioned last year, the response wasn't too encouraging but now that we are back from christmas and newyear and fuel subsidy protest, we might as well meet. Why not. I will give you a shout shortly and any other abujaites, let's agree on a date and take it from there.

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
COMING TO CANADA WITH RIGHT ATTITUDE

Why?

It's not that technical skills aren't important, but they're much easier to assess (that's why attitude, not skills, is the top predictor of a new hire's success or failure). Virtually every job (from Doctor to engineer to Laborer) has tests that can assess technical proficiency. But what those tests don't assess is attitude; whether a candidate is motivated to learn new skills, think innovatively, cope with failure, assimilate feedback and coaching, collaborate with teammates, and so forth.

Soft skills are the capabilities that attitude can enhance or undermine. For example, a newly hired executive may have the intelligence, business experience and financial acumen to fit well in a new role. But if that same executive has an authoritarian, hard-driving style, and they're being hired into a social culture where happiness and camaraderie are paramount, that combination is unlikely to work.

Additionally, many training programs have demonstrated success with increasing and improving skills—especially on the technical side. But these same programs are notoriously weak when it comes to creating attitudinal change. “We can change skill levels through training, but we can't change attitude.” Attitude is what today's companies are hiring for. And not just any attitude; companies want attitudes that perfectly match their unique culture. Google and Apple are both great companies, but their cultures are as different as night and day.

As the focus on hiring has shifted away from technical proficiency and onto attitude, it's precipitated a lot of tactical changes in how job interviews are conducted. For example, the new kinds of interview questions being asked are providing real information about attitude instead of the vague or canned answers hiring managers used to get. Smarter companies are less likely to rely on the old standby questions like “tell me about yourself” and “what are your weaknesses?” Companies now have answer keys by which to accurately rate candidate's answers. Interviewers can listen to candidates' verb tense and other grammar choices and make accurate determinations about someone's future performance potential.

Wishing you all Happy Valentine.

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Omoelle said:
Elders
I got ds mail from Accra today, once I submit this,

1.how long do I need to wait to get to next step

2. What's is dat next stage sef.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:
· Updated proof of unencumbered and readily transferable funds in a convertible currency available for settlement in Canada (for you and your family members). Please provide bank statements from the past 12 months. These funds must be available for you and your dependents, whether they are accompanying or not. For more information, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp.

· Sealed academic transcripts for your spouse

;) can we say Accra is working !!!!
Congrats Omoelle, You are getting there. Expect Medical in the next three months should you furnished Accra with the requested documents, 3 months after medicals is your PPR. I will be here in the next 6 months to day congratulations on your PR

Omoelle

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26/5/10
Med's Request
18/06/2012
Med's Done....
18/07/2012
Passport Req..
10/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
29/10/12
LANDED..........
9/12/12
Seglad,

Thanks am dancing alanta here ;D

U gladden my heart with dat time frame :-*

Should I DHL it, or take it there personally pls advice

Also can I run the statement on line ( internet banking) or it has to be hard copy from bank.

The on line too has the bank logo .

ESe pupo sir.

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Omoelle said:
Seglad,

Also can I run the statement on line ( internet banking) or it has to be hard copy from bank.

ESe pupo sir.
Yes, send it by courier. Hard copy will be sufficient. If you choose online copy, make sure it is signed and stamped by the Bank manager and supported with a bank letter

Omoelle

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26/5/10
Med's Request
18/06/2012
Med's Done....
18/07/2012
Passport Req..
10/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
29/10/12
LANDED..........
9/12/12

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ MOEGBENGA & LOOLO

Information for foreign-trained architects
Information on requirements to practise

The profession of architect is regulated in all provinces and territories in Canada. This means that, by law, no one can practise the profession of architect without a license. Provincial and territorial regulatory bodies of architects are responsible for setting the standards for entry into the profession and for issuing licenses to those who meet established standards of qualifications and practice. It is illegal to practise the profession or use the title of architect without being licensed as a full member in a provincial/territorial regulatory body.

Information on assessment of qualifications
Internationally-trained architects will need to contact the Canadian Architectural Certification Board to know how their educational qualifications would be assessed. Their address is as follows:

Canadian Architectural Certification Board (CACB)
710 - 1 Nicholas Street
Ottawa ON K1N 7B7 Canada
Phone : 613-241-8399
Fax : 613-241-7991
Email : info @ cacb.ca
http://www.cacb.ca/

This is the first step on the way to licensure, and it is mandatory to start the licensure/registration process in every province and territory in Canada. The assessment takes about three months from the date of submission of complete application.

The provincial and territorial associations are responsible for the two other steps (internships and examinations) of the process. For all general information requests related to academic qualifications, you are invited to contact the CACB.

Once you know where you will settle and work, you should contact the appropriate provincial/territorial regulatory body for information on licensing procedures (see list below).

The Royal Architectural Institute of Canada also provides information for foreign-trained architects who wish to practise their profession in Canada.

You may also consult the Fact Sheet No. 2 (at the link below), which has been compiled to help individuals learn more about how to obtain an assessment of their qualifications for employment purposes in Canada.

Other relevant information
For a general description of duties and employment requirements, you can refer to the information prepared by HRSDC regarding Architects.

Specific Provincial/Territorial Information & Regulatory Bodies:

Alberta
Alberta Association of Architects (AAA)
Duggan House, 10515 Saskatchewan Drive
Edmonton AB T6E 4S1 Canada
Phone : 780-432-0224
Fax : 780-439-1431
Email : info @ aaa.ab.ca
http://www.aaa.ab.ca/

British Columbia
Architectural Institute of British Columbia (AIBC)
#100 - 440 Cambie Street
Vancouver BC V6B 2N5 Canada
Phone : 604-683-8588
Fax : 604-683-8568
Email : info @ aibc.ca
http://www.aibc.ca/

Manitoba
Manitoba Association of Architects (MAA)
137 Bannatyne Avenue, 2nd flr.
Winnipeg MB R3B 0R3 Canada
Phone : 204-925-4620
Fax : 204-925-4624
Email : info @ mbarchitects.org
http://www.mbarchitects.org/

New Brunswick
Architects' Association of New Brunswick (AANB)
P.O. Box 5093
Sussex NB E4E 5L2 Canada
Phone : 506-433-5811
Fax : 506-432-1122
Email : inquiries @ aanb.org
http://www.aanb.org/

Newfoundland and Labrador
Newfoundland Association of Architects (NAA)
P.O. Box 5204
St. John's NL A1C 5V5 Canada
Phone : 709-726-8550
Fax : 709-726-1549
Email : naa @ warp.nfld.net
http://www.newfoundlandarchitects.com

Northwest Territories
Northwest Territories Association of Architects
P.O. Box 1394
Yellowknife NT X1A 2N8 Canada
Phone : (867) 766-4216
Fax : (867) 873-3654
Email : nwtaa @ yk.com
http://www.nwtaa.ca/

Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Association of Architects (NSAA)
1359 Barrington St.
Halifax NS B3J 1Y9 Canada
Phone : (902) 423-7607
Fax : (902) 425-7024
Email : info @ nsaa.ns.ca
http://www.nsaa.ns.ca/

Ontario
Ontario Association of Architects (OAA)
111 Moatfield Drive
Don Mills ON M3B 3L6 Canada
Phone : 416-449-6898
Fax : 416-449-5756
Email : oaamail @ oaa.on.ca
http://www.oaa.on.ca/

Prince Edward Island
Architects Association of Prince Edward Island (AAPEI)
P.O. Box 1766
Charlottetown PE C1A 7N4 Canada
Phone : 902-368-2300
Fax : 902-566-9214
Email : architects @ bghj.com

Quebec
Ordre des architectes du Québec (OAQ)
1825, boul. René-Lévesque Ouest
Montréal QC H3H 1R4 Canada
Phone : 514-937-6168
Phone (alternate): 1-800-599-6168
Fax : 514-933-0242
Email : info @ oaq.com
http://www.oaq.com/

Saskatchewan
Saskatchewan Association of Architects (SAA)
200-642 Broadway Avenue
Saskatoon SK S7N 1A9 Canada
Phone : 306-242-0733
Fax : 306-664-2598
http://www.saskarchitects.com/web/index.shtml

REFERENCES:
1. Settlement.Org Brief on Foreign Trained Architects
http://www.settlement.org/FTTO/ftto_architect.asp
2. Blog: On Architectural Degree Certification
http://www.internarchitect.ca/survey/comment/proposal/2
3. CICIC -Canadian Info Center for Intl. Credentials
http://www.cicic.ca/en/professions.aspx?sortcode=2.19.21&prof=2151
4. Career Map of Foreign Trained Architects
http://www.oaa.on.ca/client/oaa/OAAHome.nsf/object/Career+Map/$file/OccupationalCareerMapFeb2005.pdf
5. Saskatchewan Road Map
http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/architect/
6. FCRO -Foreign Credentials Referral Office
http://www.credentials.gc.ca/immigrants/factsheets/architect.asp

VOA

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
1233/1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Additiona docs. request 15-06-11
AOR Received.
01-03-2011 from CIO
IELTS Request
Sent with appl.
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
20-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-11-11
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-11
LANDED..........
@Pa seglad, sent u a pm.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
seglad said:
Congrats Omoelle, You are getting there. Expect Medical in the next three months should you furnished Accra with the requested documents, 3 months after medicals is your PPR. I will be here in the next 6 months to day congratulations on your PR
Pa Seglad, I wish the was the case for everyone. I sent additional docs to Accra on 29 August and till now no show. Or docs update is tantamount to MR in a few months cos Omoelle is pre juner?
Mandie

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Omoelle said:
Seglad,

ESe pupo sir.
I thought u had gone past MR, or may be am mistaking u for omoge. Whichever, please get the hard copy of the statement from your bank. It is adjudged more reliable than the online printout. Pa Seglad idea of getting it signed is a good one though. But, talking from experience it is better you get the hard copy from your bank.
Congratulation you are almost there.

DyDx

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Naija
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/02/2010
Med's Request
06/06/2013
Med's Done....
15/06/2013
Passport Req..
30/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
31/10/2013
LANDED..........
May 2014
Hello Sirs/Mas,

Happy New Month to All, It's been quite sometime I posted on our forum, though I have always followed happenings on the forum. Lets keep our FAITH alive! Congrats to those that have received updates.

We shall all get our ultimate purpose - Canada PR. It doesn't matter what Accra is doing or saying, or how long we've been on the queue. God's in this with us and and we're more than conquerors.

For our dear friends - Ezinne and EMO, i will like to share a quote from a ROLE MODEL

''Apologizing doesn't mean that you are wrong and the other is right...It only means that you value the Relationship more than your ego''.
- qorax

EMO has taken a bold step, I invite Ezinne to do same. Guys, also take a further step to delete the posts that hurt everyone. Thanks guys!

Canadian PR is guaranteed for ALL In Jesus Name Amen!

Nice weekend to everyone
DyDx

Omoelle

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26/5/10
Med's Request
18/06/2012
Med's Done....
18/07/2012
Passport Req..
10/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
29/10/12
LANDED..........
9/12/12
EMO said:
I thought u had gone past MR, or may be am mistaking u for omoge. Whichever, please get the hard copy of the statement from your bank. It is adjudged more reliable than the online printout. Pa Seglad idea of getting it signed is a good one though. But, talking from experience it is better you get the hard copy from your bank.
Congratulation you are almost there.
Emo

Dats mistaken identity o, I wish I'd gotten MR o.... Bt am getting dere sha I hope....

Will get the bank statements by next week If Christ tarried

Thx bros.

Mandie :
Am pre June, maybe dats wats is obtainable in our case ( I wish) and if nt @ least am gettin to the goal line small small Niyen, so hope dey. Don't worry next is MR 4 u. It is certain........GBAM

Omoelle

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26/5/10
Med's Request
18/06/2012
Med's Done....
18/07/2012
Passport Req..
10/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
29/10/12
LANDED..........
9/12/12
DyDx said:
Hello Sirs/Mas,

Happy New Month to All, It's been quite sometime I posted on our forum, though I have always followed happenings on the forum. Lets keep our FAITH alive! Congrats to those that have received updates.

We shall all get our ultimate purpose - Canada PR. It doesn't matter what Accra is doing or saying, or how long we've been on the queue. God's in this with us and and we're more than conquerors.

For our dear friends - Ezinne and EMO, i will like to share a quote from a ROLE MODEL

''Apologizing doesn't mean that you are wrong and the other is right...It only means that you value the Relationship more than your ego''.
- qorax

EMO has taken a bold step, I invite Ezinne to do same. Guys, also take a further step to delete the posts that hurt everyone. Thanks guys!

Canadian PR is guaranteed for ALL In Jesus Name Amen!

Nice weekend to everyone
DyDx

DYDX,.... So close yet so far away...... Will storm u soon been abit busy hope u undastd Jare

Razakng : u on my mind too, don't worry March is by the corner a lagbara olorun ..

Thx all

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
@ All,

I truly and sincerely duff my hat for all members who have positively contributed in one way or the other.Why would we allow Accra timeline to cause disunity/disharmony amongst us ,we do not need it all and is not worth.We all are connected for a purpose and we must not loose fact of that,the devil wants to distract us and I say we refuse to be distracted.Our time and season is in the hands of the almighty God and no one can change that.Thank you and God bless.

Secondly,our Eagle meeting will be coming up in the month of MARCH and PA Ig's office is indispose.I will want members to suggest a venue within the IKEJA axis for proximity sake.

I tire for una ,me 2004 still dey wait na I'm una WEY just submit application yesterday come dey make una blood dey hot..make una no let me vex comot for this thread.Patience na di name of the game,keep faith and hope alive for the sake of our children.I Love you all.

Ig