please what do you make of this.
The 2006 Federal Budget includes a 50 percent reduction in the $975 Right of Permanent Residence Fee. The new Right of Permanent Residence Fee is $490 for immigrants who become permanent residents under all social, humanitarian and economic classes.
If you paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, but did not become a permanent resident until after May 3, 2006, you are entitled to a refund.
Find out more
* New: Fee amounts in US Dollars have been amended as of November 15, 2009 to reflect current exchange rates. To facilitate processing, we will accept payments in both the old and new amounts until December 15, 2009, after which we will only be accepting fees in the amounts indicated below.
* All visa and immigration services offered the Government of Canada are subject to processing fees. The Canadian High Commission in Accra accepts fees in Canadian dollars, U.S. dollars, and Ghanaian cedis.
* Correct fees must be paid when submitting the application, or the application will not be accepted.
* Fees are non-refundable, except for Right of Permanent Residence Fee.
* Fees are subject to change without notice.
Method of Payment
Fees must be submitted in person or by mail to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in Accra. Only the following forms of payment, in Ghanaian, U.S. or Canadian funds, are acceptable:
* Certified Cheque
* Bank Draft
*** Note: We do not accept personal cheques
November 15, 2009
* Payment to be made by BANK DRAFT or CERTIFIED CHEQUE.
* Cedi payments are payable to "The Canadian High Commission".
* Canadian $ and U.S. $ payments are payable to "The Receiver General for Canada".
* PROCESSING FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. RPRF is refundable if refused or not landed. Cheques with a validity of less than 6 months will not be accepted.
CAN $ US $ CEDIS
Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)
* Single Entry
* Multiple Entry - Single Person
150 140 200
* Family rate
400 370 525
Study Permit 125 115 165
Work Permit – Individual 150 140 200
Group (3 or more) of Entertainers 450 415 590
Skilled Worker - Principal Applicant 550 510 725
Spouse or Common Law Partner and each Dependant child aged 22 yrs and older (includes dependent children under 22 if spouse or common-law partner) 550 510 725
Each Dependant child less than 22 yrs of age (not a spouse or common-law partner) 150 140 200
Right of Permanent Residence Fee: Principal Applicant, Spouse, Common Law Partner 490 455 645
Entrepreneur, Investor and Self-Employed Applicant 1,050 970 1,380
Temporary Resident Permit 200 185 265
- Criminality 200 185 265
- Serious Criminality 1,000 925 1,315
Authorization To Return To Canada 400 370 525
Certification & Replacement of an Immigration Document (Except PRC) 30 28 40
Travel Document 50 47 65
Repayment of Removals:
Destination - USA & St Pierre & Miquelon 750 695 985
Destination - Any other 1,500 1,385 1,975
*** this payment may be deferred until you have been accepted