+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Darkside

Star Member
Nov 28, 2007
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes o! I agree. We ought to network to compare notes. Mind u, i'd advise u to prepare for a long wait cus ur going to spend well over a year to get this thing. I've been at it since March 2009 and i'm still waiting for a response from the visa office

neddy

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
please i am confused, the banks in Nigeria can only make a bank draft in us dollars and not Canadian dollars.
there is a recent change in the cic website where you can make a payment to the visa office and then send ur application to Sydney with proof of payment from visa office.

am i right or wrong because i have tried for up to three months to get a bank draft in Canadian dollars to no avail and CIO would not accept us Dollars

please i need clarification on this issue as it is delaying my application and i dont want to make mistakes.

thanks

Darkside

Star Member
Nov 28, 2007
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Better to be safe than sorry. Do u have anyone in canada u trust? Send the money to them and let them raise the draft for u. Ur better off that way

Reactions: La Lumière

neddy

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no i cant trust people with my money. but there is a recent change since november 2009. kindly check the cic website. it states payment be made at the visa office in person or by courier the subsequently application to Sydney. Accra is not accepting initial application and i do not have any intention to apply to the visa office.

The visa office will only accept payment.

rateme

Dec 11, 2009
Nigeria has Standard Chartered Bank. ask the bank for CA draft to be accomodated. they can and they should do ur CA Draft. No other bank can do it in nigeria. The thing is they have to open a CA account on other countries for you.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Neddy get yourself a credit card from any of the banks and use that for your payment. Just give details of the card on a form provided on the CIC site.

Reactions: Malachy U

neddy

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for ur kind responses, i have tried stanndard chartered in Nigeria and was informed that Draft in CAD Dollars was impossible, as regards credit card, on several occasions, my cradit card(from Nigeria) had been declined in international transaction.

For me this is a life time project and i dont want mistakes or delay as i have been duped by ieps immigration consultant in nigeria of almost $3,000.

My game plan is this.
1. Take My $1,160 draft(for myself, wife and baby) to Accra visa office.(the draft has been made out to the Receiver General for Canada)
2.Obtain a receipt in person
3.attach the receipt with my application to CIO in Sydney.
i hope to send my application to Sydney before the year runs out.

if anything is wrong with my position above, kindly let me know.

Reactions: Basil240

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Obtain a standard chartered credit card and you will not need to do the accra thing. Neddy i still don't think you are allowed to make payments at the visa office for your initial application. That's my 2Kobo oro.

neddy

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
please what do you make of this.

The 2006 Federal Budget includes a 50 percent reduction in the $975 Right of Permanent Residence Fee. The new Right of Permanent Residence Fee is $490 for immigrants who become permanent residents under all social, humanitarian and economic classes.

If you paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, but did not become a permanent resident until after May 3, 2006, you are entitled to a refund.

Find out more

* New: Fee amounts in US Dollars have been amended as of November 15, 2009 to reflect current exchange rates. To facilitate processing, we will accept payments in both the old and new amounts until December 15, 2009, after which we will only be accepting fees in the amounts indicated below.
* All visa and immigration services offered the Government of Canada are subject to processing fees. The Canadian High Commission in Accra accepts fees in Canadian dollars, U.S. dollars, and Ghanaian cedis.
* Correct fees must be paid when submitting the application, or the application will not be accepted.
* Fees are non-refundable, except for Right of Permanent Residence Fee.
* Fees are subject to change without notice.

Method of Payment

Fees must be submitted in person or by mail to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in Accra. Only the following forms of payment, in Ghanaian, U.S. or Canadian funds, are acceptable:

* Certified Cheque
* Bank Draft

*** Note: We do not accept personal cheques
Fee Schedule

November 15, 2009

* Payment to be made by BANK DRAFT or CERTIFIED CHEQUE.
* Cedi payments are payable to "The Canadian High Commission".
* Canadian $ and U.S. $ payments are payable to "The Receiver General for Canada".
* PROCESSING FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. RPRF is refundable if refused or not landed. Cheques with a validity of less than 6 months will not be accepted.

VISITOR SERVICES
CAN $ US $ CEDIS
Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)

* Single Entry

75 70

* Multiple Entry - Single Person

150 140 200

* Family rate

400 370 525
Study Permit 125 115 165
Work Permit – Individual 150 140 200
Group (3 or more) of Entertainers 450 415 590

IMMIGRANT SERVICES
Skilled Worker - Principal Applicant 550 510 725
Spouse or Common Law Partner and each Dependant child aged 22 yrs and older (includes dependent children under 22 if spouse or common-law partner) 550 510 725
Each Dependant child less than 22 yrs of age (not a spouse or common-law partner) 150 140 200
Right of Permanent Residence Fee: Principal Applicant, Spouse, Common Law Partner 490 455 645
Entrepreneur, Investor and Self-Employed Applicant 1,050 970 1,380

OTHER SERVICES
Temporary Resident Permit 200 185 265
Rehabilitation:
- Criminality 200 185 265
- Serious Criminality 1,000 925 1,315
Authorization To Return To Canada 400 370 525
Certification & Replacement of an Immigration Document (Except PRC) 30 28 40
Travel Document 50 47 65
Repayment of Removals:
Destination - USA & St Pierre & Miquelon 750 695 985
Destination - Any other 1,500 1,385 1,975

*** this payment may be deferred until you have been accepted

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Hello guys,

Y need to see the happiness on my face wt this swift response.It is good to rub minds and bring on board all our problem.IEPS use to genuinely help migrate people to Canada but at the demise of Engr.Ayankogbe(May his soul rest in peace) thing turned the other way.I happen to have applied through then in 2004 and the application was filed and in the process,am waiting for my Medical/Police clearance.

I would advice Neddy to get a Consultant in Canada,because you can not apply directly to Accra or send an email to www.accra.gc.ca .You will have to send your application to Sydney upon receipt and acknowledgement,the application will be sent to Accra for processing.

Try getting someone in Canada to buy y the canadian dollar ,if ure planning to make an application your self,or if you don't mind have got friends who are in Canada who can help.

We will all succeed by the grace of the almighty God and wishing all my Niger a HAPPY HRITMAS AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.Lest I forget www.cic.gc.ca will be of tremendous help cos information is power and key in life.

Ig.

Reactions: ihomes

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Neddy
I will like to share my experience and may be it will be of help to you.
I submitted my initially application to CIO on 31st August with a GT bank draft.
On the 17th Nov a got the full application send back with a letter dated 16th Oct stating that I used the wrong payment format.
I called my friend in the uk and he send me a canadian bank draft and I re-send the application on and received at CIO on 1-Dec.
Be wise and learn from the elders.

soj

Feb 23, 2007
Dear guyz,if u need any help.send me a mail on sojharjayee@yahoo.com.then i can give u my no x we can talk.i shd be out of naija b4 mid jan.cheers

Reactions: Abimbola81