+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
@ neddy, barsindoo and igbehinadara gave you good advice. If you want to try it your way,cool and let us know if it works. I did mine by getting a bank draft from a friend in the UK and paying her back.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
neddy said:
no i cant trust people with my money. but there is a recent change since november 2009. kindly check the cic website. it states payment be made at the visa office in person or by courier the subsequently application to Sydney. Accra is not accepting initial application and i do not have any intention to apply to the visa office.

The visa office will only accept payment.
Relax man! You don't sound like you need any help.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
soj said:
Dear guyz,if u need any help.send me a mail on sojharjayee @ yahoo.com.then i can give u my no x we can talk.i shd be out of naija b4 mid jan.cheers
soj,
You still dey that side? You are on your own oh! Happy New Year!

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happy new year guys. May the Lord grant us all favour this year amen. :)

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
safe trip bro, all da best as u move on to that side.carry everything u got except the soccer skills u left on our pitch!!!all da best

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
9ija bros and sis,

What is happening in Accra? which year are they now? I'll appreciate anybody's comments. I applied in June 2007.

I heard that Canada is going to make a new law by February, reducing the waiting time the more.

cheers

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
completed my medicals and should have been sent by now by the clinic in vi,don't know how they send it though.looks like it's in batches though.hope the cold isn't wounding u there?enjoy bro

tito

Feb 10, 2007
Right said:
9ija bros and sis,

What is happening in Accra? which year are they now? I'll appreciate anybody's comments. I applied in June 2007.

I heard that Canada is going to make a new law by February, reducing the waiting time the more.

cheers
You applied in June 2007? Don't mean to be hard on you but you have to take double dose of chill pills. Reducing the processing/wait time will be of no consequence until they increase the number of visa quota for Accra center (should still be 500 - 600). Don't have the figures but from interaction alone, I can safely assume that over 100 Nigerians apply every month!

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
Hi right,

Like Tito mentioned, you need to take the pills and go to bed. By my estimation, you cant land in Canada earlier than 2014. Dont worry, one thousand years is like one day with the Lord.

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
Hi Tito, SOJ and other naijas in Canada already,

I applied in 2004. I had almost forgotten about it until I received a mail late last month that I should update my documents, send in my back account details in a 12-month period and do police clearance/certificate and my spouse's school transcripts. I did the IELTS test in later year.

Dear Veterans, please what is the implications of this? has it reached my turn? What is the time frame for finally getting a visa.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yemkik said:
Hi Tito, SOJ and other naijas in Canada already,

I applied in 2004. I had almost forgotten about it until I received a mail late last month that I should update my documents, send in my back account details in a 12-month period and do police clearance/certificate and my spouse's school transcripts. I did the IELTS test in later year.

Dear Veterans, please what is the implications of this? has it reached my turn? What is the time frame for finally getting a visa.
Yes, My dear. It is your time now o! So make you gather all the documents wey dem ask for and post dem to reach their office within the specified date in the letter.
Best of luck.

BobbyB

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
tito said:
You applied in June 2007? Don't mean to be hard on you but you have to take double dose of chill pills. Reducing the processing/wait time will be of no consequence until they increase the number of visa quota for Accra center (should still be 500 - 600). Don't have the figures but from interaction alone, I can safely assume that over 100 Nigerians apply every month!
Way above that range sir, the quota for Accra has hovered around 9,000 visas for a few years now. What CiC has been doing is to play around with the allocation of the visas among the various classes. Emphasis is being laid on promoting Family class and the Provincial nominee schemes at mo, as the CiC believes that applicants under such categories integrate quicker into the Canadian system. At some point in the past, the refugee class was allotted a greater share in sympathetic response to the wars going on in some countries along the west african coast.

Below is the number of PR visas issued to Nigerians from 1999.........2008

Nigeria 916 1,088 1,325 1,281 931 1,369 2,034 2,481 2,255 1,837

Those are the statistics from the CiC website. The Accra visa quotas can be assessed on some editions of the lexbase journal.

I don’t think the situation is as bad as it was two years ago. One sure way of reducing the wait time which you mentioned is increasing the visa quotas, another way is by ensuring that the number of eligible applicants waiting in the queue does not increase and the latter is exactly what CiC has done under bill C-50. It was an all comers affair prior to C-50, with quite a large no of invalid applications clogging up the system at Accra. Ineligible applicants and invalid applications now get weeded out at CIO-Sydney, thereby freeing up valuable processing time for Accra officials under the skilled worker class.

Anyone who had applied under the old rules, may now reapply under the new rules(c-50) provided they have experience in any of the “list of 38” jobs.

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
oceana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! long time,have u landed there?where?hope u r good,so hard to read from u online.
quick one, where did u do ur medicals, vi or yaba? how early do they send the specimen to Paris?
thanks