+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

Spartan5

May 6, 2021
Yeah the thing is all of the time my employment is during study permit so will they calculate only 20hrs /week?in that case my hours are only 1200 my lawyer is asking to get a full-time pay role ,So can someone help me with this as I have everything ready to apply .

tameezs

May 21, 2018
Buddy, you can't do a simple google search, yet, everything that is government-related involves a bunch of reading, investigation and interpretation.

You're going to be in for a tough time.
I did try that the first time, and this is exactly what popped up since this thread was exclusively named 'New Policy for INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS', and I categorically fall into that category, having had a Canadian student visa application approved. Apologies if my question offended you in any way, but I assumed that is what we are here for? To answer everyone's queries?

Jorgerdz91

Star Member
Mar 6, 2019
I did try that the first time, and this is exactly what popped up since this thread was exclusively named 'New Policy for INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS', and I categorically fall into that category, having had a Canadian student visa application approved. Apologies if my question offended you in any way, but I assumed that is what we are here for? To answer everyone's queries?
I have thicker skin, I'm not offended. I just find it strange that with the amount of resources available online, you still didn't manage to find information.

marioB96

Sep 15, 2020
Regina
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21 March 2019
Doc's Request.
14 July 2020
AOR Received.
8 May 2019
I worked part-time for 15 months and the total no.of hours are around 1900 can I apply for the essential workers category ?
I dont see why not,

As long as you have the eligible hours and NOC ,
Valid status (doesn’t matter study permit or work permit), the language test CLB 5 or higher adn you have complied with your study permit conditions .... you should be fine

marioB96

Sep 15, 2020
Regina
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21 March 2019
Doc's Request.
14 July 2020
AOR Received.
8 May 2019
I worked part-time for 15 months and the total no.of hours are around 1900 can I apply for the essential workers category ?
Give it a try , make sure you have your other docs in order (police certificate, medical exam , civil documents from your country translated to english)

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Well, I think you get into the right Discussion Board, but Wrong Thread, as others posted.
Do not be upset, Learning by doing. Get back to the main Forum, you will find the thread, or the groups, people who may have the same questions that you are looking for. Good luck.

*Btw, this thread is for those who applies for PR (Tr2PR) not Study Permit.

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Does this mean that the international graduate stream can reopen?
I just read the same article on a different web site, well it seems like it, that could happen. I just wrote my CELPIP test today. After the test I was talking to a woman who was also writing the test with me and we were talking about this international pathway, she said she thinks that at least 20.000 out of these 40.000 applications are not eligible. But who knows, I have a feeling the program will re-open in the next months.