+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

ange1o

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
1. Proof of Entry and Status in Canada

When you apply, you will need to prove that you have valid status, and are living in Canada when you submit your application and when IRCC makes a final decision on your application.

To prove your status in Canada you must submit a copy of your most recent immigration document such as work permit, or study permit.

NOTE: Your dependent family members can be outside Canada when you apply and throughout processing.
What about proof of entry?

hello2world

Oct 28, 2018
Hello all,

I recently applied for PR under TR to PR for international graduates. I made a mistake in IMM0008 form. I forgot to write my given name in the form and I provided the wrong birth year for my parent by mistake.

Could anyone suggest what should be appropriate action I should take? Will my application be okay or there are any chances of rejection?

Please give your valuable feedback.

Thank you.

bootes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
Hello all,

I recently applied for PR under TR to PR for international graduates. I made a mistake in IMM0008 form. I forgot to write my given name in the form and I provided the wrong birth year for my parent by mistake.

Could anyone suggest what should be appropriate action I should take? Will my application be okay or there are any chances of rejection?

Please give your valuable feedback.

Thank you.
Wait until you get your AOR and then you can submit a webform to correct these.

Khuranaa

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Please help, I did a very dumb and stupid mistake
I applied for international graduate stream. But, the problem is I didn't uploaded my job letter. Instead I uploaded my work permit. I submitted my job letter and pay stub by filling web form.
My first question is that will be fine or an issue.
Second, I am also eligible for Essential service stream non health care, should I apply in that one as well because I do not want to miss this chance.
Should I wait for AOR or apply in essential services as well

I appreciate your reply in advance
Please suggest

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Proof of entry is stupid requirement, just because I have a stamp doesn't mean I didn't leave. I don't think you can prove you are here unless you see them in person.

Reactions: Tomican

snooplion

May 6, 2021
Proof of entry is stupid requirement, just because I have a stamp doesn't mean I didn't leave. I don't think you can prove you are here unless you see them in person.
I agree. The stamp doesn't mean anything because they don't stamp you when you leave (or in my case, they didn't stamp me at all on my last few entries). Same thing with the TRV since you can get them from outside the country without traveling in.

Only saving grace is if they really want to, they can get a record of your entry and exits from CBSA (Canadian Border Agency) to confirm when you last left the country.

Nov 19, 2020
Hi, all those who submitted a medical that was done when they applied for study permit, are they supposed to get another medical or it will never be asked ? I did mine in 2018 and used that letter.

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Agree . I think they want to know whether the applicant are being in Canada or not.
But, as you said, there is no stamp when people leaving Canada.
  • Be employed in Canada at the time the application for permanent residence is received.
  • Reside in Canada with valid temporary resident status (or be eligible to restore their status) and be physically present in Canada at the time the application for permanent residence is received and when the application is approved.

Ask_Arsh

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Winnipeg, MB
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2018
LANDED..........
12-06-2018
For the employment reference letter, does it have to be from HR or your immediate manager can write one?
Also does it need the company letter head ?
It has to be on the company letter head containing all the information specified by IRCC in their guidelines. Doesn’t matter if it’s from the manager or HR. Some smaller companies don’t even have formal HR department