+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

mpham123

Mar 7, 2021
Anybody here needed to separate their fee into two payments? My bank account messed up and I paid 650 (biometric + processing fee) the first time, and 500 (right to PR) the second time. I included both fee receipts in my proof of payment. Would it be a bad thing to do so?

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Anybody here needed to separate their fee into two payments? My bank account messed up and I paid 650 (biometric + processing fee) the first time, and 500 (right to PR) the second time. I included both fee receipts in my proof of payment. Would it be a bad thing to do so?
I think it is ok. Opsss why $1150 ? (should be $1135)

Last edited:
Reactions: mpham123

snooplion

May 6, 2021

This is one of the main problems with this TR PR pathway program. Talk about desperate and stealing a spot from eligible people.
I wouldn't say these people 'stole a spot'. Given the timeline, short notice, and vagueness of some instructions, it's very easy to realize mistakes that were made after the fact.

The people who you can say stole spots are the ones who did multiple applications because of mistakes or applied despite their inegibility 'just in case'

Reactions: hhzara and SatNight

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
It's going to be a lot faster and more efficient for IRCC to reject applications with mistakes and incomplete documents (outside of the leeways related to covid), instead of following up with applicants--it's what they've always done.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
It's going to be a lot faster and more efficient for IRCC to reject applications with mistakes and incomplete documents (outside of the leeways related to covid), instead of following up with applicants--it's what they've always done.
This is an unprecedented thing. Just like the entire 75p draw for CEC. The difference is, there’s no guidelines for this.

Kieric

Jun 30, 2020
I totally don't get why they decided to release document check list just under 1 day before launching while they already announced this program more than 3 weeks ago.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
This is an unprecedented thing. Just like the entire 75p draw for CEC. The difference is, there’s no guidelines for this.
I understand those were unprecedented. I was referring to the way they've always processed applications--PR, TRV, study permit, citizenship, etc.

Cherem

Mar 27, 2021
I totally don't get why they decided to release document check list just under 1 day before launching while they already announced this program more than 3 weeks ago.
Because it was a way to filter applicants. Those ready to apply would already have all the documents and those not ready would apply few weeks later. But they forgot that a lot of applicants are desperate (which is understandable in some cases) and applied even if they are not ready or even not eligible at all.