+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
They're basically giving away PR. Some weren't able to secure a NOC A or B position after graduation, some were laid off because of Covid and couldn't accumulate enough hours to meet CEC requirements...There are many reasons why people are desperate to apply and immigrating to Canada has never been so easy.

We're talking about people with unskilled occupations and a pretty basic English getting PR while FSW need to be under 30, have a Bachelor's + Master, English proficiency and 3 years of skilled work experience to even get close to the EE all program draws cutoff. Even with Canada's immigration targets this is a once on a lifetime opportunity.
I'm really curious by now in how much time the cap of 40.000 is going to fill up.

Bryan02

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016
They're basically giving away PR. Some weren't able to secure a NOC A or B position after graduation, some were laid off because of Covid and couldn't accumulate enough hours to meet CEC requirements...There are many reasons why people are desperate to apply and immigrating to Canada has never been so easy.

We're talking about people with unskilled occupations and a pretty basic English getting PR while FSW need to be under 30, have a Bachelor's + Master, English proficiency and 3 years of skilled work experience to even get close to the EE all program draws cutoff. Even with Canada's immigration targets this is a once on a lifetime opportunity.
I personally think there will be requirements to the job, or I honestly hope there will be adjustments to the current eligibility requirements. It's too loose it's ridiculous.

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
I personally think there will be requirements to the job, or I honestly hope there will be adjustments to the current eligibility requirements. It's too loose it's ridiculous.
I don't think its too loose, you need to have a job, lots of people are jobless right now and on cerb due to Covid. You need ielts, lots of people don't have that. And school credentials, not everyone has that.

hhzara

Star Member
May 11, 2020
Looser than the CEC draw in February where the cut off was 75?

I agree this is all getting ridiculous, but the pandemic is a huge factor in all this. Were it not for COVID, we would probably still be having the all program draws with the cut off being somewhere in the 470s.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I'm really curious by now in how much time the cap of 40.000 is going to fill up.
Difficult to know, because all the people who were remotely eligible for CEC have already applied considering the lower CRS cutoffs, the ones that haven't applied yet are either students still in school (they'll likely apply under the worker stream) or fairly recent graduates that still don't have their 1yr experience for CEC.

For the PGWP extension we were told there were around 50k people eligible for the extension alone, that means there were 50k people who still hadn't applied for PR in January 2021 despite having their PGWP expiring between January and the end of July, let's say that of those 50k, 20k have applied for PR by now considering the massive February draw and subsequent decreasing CRS scores.

That leaves us with at least 30k potential applicants + the 600k current international students scattered all over Canada. The main bottleneck here is IELTS scores, we didn't anticipate this happening and some lucky ones managed to book a test for late April - early May before CELPIP and IELTS sites crashed. I think EE draws should help to clear 5-6k applicants by the time the stream opens.

The other thing we're not anticipating is the number of ineligible people that will try to apply, either by making up a test result and test report # and submit a LOE instead or by trying to tailor their own profile to "fit" in the eligibility criteria. If CICnews is right and those applications are either approved or declined without going through EE's R10 check (completeness check, there they determine if you're missing any documents that make you ineligible to apply. This normally happens within the first month and if everything is ok to go, they check eligibility and criminality) then it might be months before you get a positive/negative answer so by then the stream will have likely closed.

hhzara

Star Member
May 11, 2020
For the international graduate stream, you need a credential, so not all of the 600k current students will qualify.

mikeymyke

Apr 24, 2021
I personally dont think the 40,000 graduate stream will fill super fast, but the temporary worker one will definitely fill in a matter of days. I think the graduate stream will go slower because of the job requirement, English test, and no one earlier than Jan 2017. Also many students have returned to their country during COVID and to come back here and get a job on short notice will be impossible

Remember that everyone is still bottlenecked by the English test. Doesnt matter what your credentials are, no English test, no submission. Someone could have all their papers ready, but if they have a late test date theyd be screwed. I would imagine anyone who has an English test in June or July would likely be out of luck

Last edited:

sharmi143

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
quick question: So, I was following this thread and I see CICnews has given us some updates.

From what I know is that;

we need to be employed and we must obtain a PG diploma certificate upon applying.
They did mention we need to follow the IMMI form that was listed in cicnews.

I still have some questions:

Upon applying-
Employment letter - should it be specified under certain dates?
Pay stubs- Should add all the pay stubs or until the last 3 months is fine?
Medical- they mentioned they are trying to hold it further - not sure what that meant?
PCC- I have applied but mine was processed under paper application -no application number but I do have an email from the embassy stating they approved my application would that be enough to submit?
Family- I would need to add my family as dependant mainly my husband - where should we submit or add their application?

If anyone has any leads !! appreciate !!

Bryan02

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016
I just hope it wont be filled within like minutes tbh. I have all the documents except for work letter. Im still waiting for a checklist before I email my boss. I don't want to be rushing my application to submit it in minutes lol

John080490

Jan 23, 2019
Hi guys! Let’s say the applicant is moving to another employer while his/her application is in process. Do you think it will affect his/her application?

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
I just hope it wont be filled within like minutes tbh. I have all the documents except for work letter. Im still waiting for a checklist before I email my boss. I don't want to be rushing my application to submit it in minutes lol
It wont, you need to fill many forms and details (if you're fast and prepared it'll take 30 min to 1 hour, but there are certainly not 40k people that will be able to do that).. be sure to not make mistakes otherwise you'd get refused.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I doubt 40k people have their IELTS just sitting around unless they were already anticipating applying for CEC, when I got my test back in November, we were like 50 people (full capacity) per day.

I personally asked my employer to post-date my job letter, but I think that as long as you have a fairly recent job letter and some pay stubs to support your application you should be fine. Don't be afraid to submit too additional documents to prove your eligibility, some people argue that it might delay your application but the truth is that this is a legal process, you're the one that has to prove you're eligible.

If the officer considers 2 of the 4 "work experience" documents you submit are enough, they won't bother looking at the other ones. But if they need additional evidence, they will ask and take their sweet time reviewing your documents. Don't do the bare minimum, make your application as perfect as possible in a way that even the dumbest person on earth could see at simple sight you're eligible.

Accelerated Pathways to Permanent Residence
Canada’s immigration system is critical to supporting the economic recovery. That is why the Government of Canada recently announced the introduction of time-limited pathways to permanent residence for foreign nationals already in Canada. This includes recent international graduates and workers in essential occupations, such as health care or other critical sectors. These pathways would not only help retain the talent of those already in Canada, but would also recognize the significant contribution to Canada—and personal sacrifice—these workers have made during the pandemic. In Quebec, which shares responsibility for immigration, this initiative will not apply.
I really like the wording in here "Accelerated" suggests short processing times, if this isn't just IRCC fluff, then it might be the reason why they won't issue BOWP for these streams. It could also refer to the fact they don't make Into graduates wait for their full 1 year of work experience though, but then it doesn't make sense for essential workers and francophone streams.

Reactions: hhzara

Bryan02

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016
I doubt 40k people have their IELTS just sitting around unless they were already anticipating applying for CEC, when I got my test back in November, we were like 50 people (full capacity) per day.

I personally asked my employer to post-date my job letter, but I think that as long as you have a fairly recent job letter and some pay stubs to support your application you should be fine. Don't be afraid to submit too additional documents to prove your eligibility, some people argue that it might delay your application but the truth is that this is a legal process, you're the one that has to prove you're eligible.

If the officer considers 2 of the 4 "work experience" documents you submit are enough, they won't bother looking at the other ones. But if they need additional evidence, they will ask and take their sweet time reviewing your documents. Don't do the bare minimum, make your application as perfect as possible in a way that even the dumbest person on earth could see at simple sight you're eligible.

I really like the wording in here "Accelerated" suggests short processing times, if this isn't just IRCC fluff, then it might be the reason why they won't issue BOWP for these streams. It could also refer to the fact they don't make Into graduates wait for their full 1 year of work experience though, but then it doesn't make sense for essential workers and francophone streams.
Did your employer have trouble with post-dating your letter? I feel like most would be nervous due to potential legal implications.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Did your employer have trouble with post-dating your letter? I feel like most would be nervous due to potential legal implications.
Not really, I wrote my letter myself (as IRCC is very picky with job duties and I planned to use it for CEC anyway) and handed it to him for review and just said I needed it post-dated for immigration purposes. He was fine with it, I'll probably just wait until May 6th to scan it.