+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

iceboat

Apr 22, 2021
What if I start work on May 3? How do I prove employment ?
I am also starting on May 3rd for my new job. I plan on submitting my offer/contract and ask my boss to issue me a statement about me currently working on May 6th. I wonder if I should wait for my first pay stub to be available (probably around mid-May?) to submit the application or just submit with the offer/contract and the employer letter ASAP. It depends on how fast the 40,000 spots will fill up. I have my IELTS already (luckily) and medical scheduled for mid-May.

Any thoughts?

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
Not saying his name because I don't want to be reported for spam, but anyone who's been following the thread knows who I'm talking about :')
By the way, if any of you is an European citizen consider translating your National ID (if you have one), I just noticed I have everything perfectly ready and translated except that...which is asked for in EE and paper-based PNP programs.
Haha, I think I know who exactly it is. Must be the guy with the new PR course :p

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Not saying his name because I don't want to be reported for spam, but anyone who's been following the thread knows who I'm talking about :')
By the way, if any of you is an European citizen consider translating your National ID (if you have one), I just noticed I have everything perfectly ready and translated except that...which is asked for in EE and paper-based PNP programs.
Oh, I know who you mean. I just like how you described him.

I am an European citizen but not from EU. We do have National IDs. Good to think about.

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
I am also starting on May 3rd for my new job. I plan on submitting my offer/contract and ask my boss to issue me a statement about me currently working on May 6th. I wonder if I should wait for my first pay stub to be available (probably around mid-May?) to submit the application or just submit with the offer/contract and the employer letter ASAP. It depends on how fast the 40,000 spots will fill up. I have my IELTS already (luckily) and medical scheduled for mid-May.

Any thoughts?
The contract and employment letter are more than enough. I'd also go one step further to include a letter of explanation stating that I've started the job recently and haven't received the first paystub yet.

Reactions: iceboat

Bryan02

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016
EE doesn't ask for national ID card. I don't see why this new stream would ask for it tbh.

sharmi143

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
em can take months + they need to be translate
Yes, it should be fine if you're still in the same marriage. For birth certificate, if you are including dependant children in the application, then you have to provide their birth certificates to prove the relationship.
Even if they are born in Canada?
In these scenarios, do we provider both Passport and birth certificate. Do we just need to mention them right rather than adding them?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I went to check it out then saw it was almost half the price of the PR application itself and was like bye that's not worth you telling me how to type my date of birth into an application.
Strange how it's still open, maybe 400 didn't fill up eh.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
EE doesn't ask for national ID card. I don't see why this new stream would ask for it tbh.
When I applied for PNP I was asked for it, when I got an ITA I got asked for it (see attached, it's my personal EE checklist):

It might not be required, but there are forms that ask you if you have any National ID and if you say "no" when your country does issue them, that might be considered misrepresentation. IDK, maybe I'm overly cautious but I've heard so many stories about applications rejected for the most ridiculous reasons that I want to make sure my application is 100% dummy proof.

Reactions: rambag98

Bryan02

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016
When I applied for PNP I was asked for it, when I got an ITA I got asked for it (see attached, it's my personal EE checklist):

It might not be required, but there are forms that ask you if you have any National ID and if you say "no" when your country does issue them, that might be considered misrepresentation. IDK, maybe I'm overly cautious but I've heard so many stories about applications rejected for the most ridiculous reasons that I want to make sure my application is 100% dummy proof.
Yea that's PNP. I haven't seen any residency applications asking for national ID.

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto

Both the original and translated must be available? I have the translated but not the original as I had to renew it :/

Bryan02

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016

And you can use your Canadian driver's license if you don't have a national ID from your country of origin btw