+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

bootes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
"For these programs, IRCC can only refuse or approve applications. This is why you have to submit everything at once, because the department may not be able to give you a second chance to send in a completed application. There may be situations where IRCC will request additional documents. There may also be a possibility to submit documents that are more difficult to obtain at a later date, such as police certificates, as long as you can prove you have made a reasonable effort to get them.

The documents required for the new programs will be published in the application guide. IRCC says to look at the Canadian Experience Class application guide for hints."

"IRCC is currently trying to extend medicals as much as possible during COVID-19 for those in Canada.

For this group, they will be dividing people into two groups: people who have never done medical and people who have done medical."

I assume some of these are legit if they got the info straight from IRCC. The second part is interesting as it might mean medical may not be necessary if you've done one before.

Reactions: hhzara

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
6 months processing time seems reasonable for simple applications, the eligibility stage should take less time than Express Entry so even if they don't process the 90k applications at full capacity, they won't scrutinize so much NOC duties and work experience abroad.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Personally, I always relied on this forum and its information.

Speaking of which: when do you feel reference letters from work should be dated? May 6th? The date you apply? Something else?

@Frisk Especially for 40k graduates. Their NOC is irrelevant; they simply need to be employed. I assume it's less time-consuming to check that.

Reactions: hhzara

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Personally, I always relied on this forum and its information.

Speaking of which: when do you feel reference letters from work should be dated? May 6th? The date you apply? Something else?

@Frisk Especially for 40k graduates. Their NOC is irrelevant; they simply need to be employed. I assume it's less time-consuming to check that.
I asked my supervisor to post-date mine to May 6th, that + recent paystubs + job contract + T4 I think it should be enough to prove employment AND work experience.

For work experience perhaps include a year’s worth of pay stubs. If they have any doubts they might request additional documents later on but I think that should cover employment.

For students, what I did: scan my diploma + official transcripts + confirmation of graduation + study permit (to prove I had valid status)

On top of that, if you have the chance upload a letter of explanation with your background profile and any additional documents you feel you might need that could help.

I technically don’t need police certificates from anywhere, but I got one from my home country and a RCMP because if they ask later on, that’ll save me weeks of waiting for documents, translating and getting them to review them.

It is said that the time to obtain X documents is included in the application processing time, imagine getting your PR in 4 months instead of 6 because you got everything upfront.

Last edited:

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
My wife is applying under graduate stream. Her work experience is irrelevant. (I am not sure we need her T4?)

We are trying to move her language test but it's currently set for May 7. Which means we will need to wait for a few days to apply after that. Should her boss still post-date it to May 6th or a different date? Also, her new contract starts on May 1st so any paystubs will be from a previous contract. Not sure how crucial that is. (She works as an instructor at a university, and she is hired on semester to semester basis. Every semester has a new contract).

Good idea about scanning study permit, but just one thing: are people require to tear them/throw them out once they are expired? My wife kept hers, but I am unsure.

And another question: I am a homemaker. Is that the same as unemployed?

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
I asked my supervisor to post-date mine to May 6th, that + recent paystubs + job contract + T4 I think it should be enough to prove employment AND work experience.

For work experience perhaps include a year’s worth of pay stubs. If they have any doubts they might request additional documents later on but I think that should cover employment.

For students, what I did: scan my diploma + official transcripts + confirmation of graduation + study permit (to prove I had valid status)

On top of that, if you have the chance upload a letter of explanation with your background profile and any additional documents you feel you might need that could help.

I technically don’t need police certificates from anywhere, but I got one from my home country and a RCMP because if they ask later on, that’ll save me weeks of waiting for documents, translating and getting them to review them.

Technically the time to obtain X documents is included in the application time, imagine getting your PR in 4 months instead of 6 because you got everything upfront.
I like how well set up you are. In a way the people on this thread are sort of my new family on this journey and I'm glad we can rely on each other for ideas!

Reactions: Frisk and SatNight

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018

For students, what I did is scan my diploma + official transcripts + confirmation of graduation + study permit (to prove you had valid status)

On top of that, if you have the chance upload a letter of explanation with your background profile and any additional documents you feel you might need.
There is no need to overcomplicate things. They don't need paystubs for last one year or study permit or such things. They have your UCI and SIN to fetch everything if needed. Only upload relevant document. Providing unnecessary extra documents can also slow down your application.

Reactions: bootes