+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Do we have any updates?

Anyone has an idea of potential processing times? I'm worried this program will be like PNP 2.0 and take over two years to process.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Do we have any updates?

Anyone has an idea of potential processing times? I'm worried this program will be like PNP 2.0 and take over two years to process.
Honestly it might, why would this stream be processed any faster than Express Entry ?

I’d say around a year. Processing 90,000 applications I don’t think it’ll be done any faster.

Reactions: rambag98

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Honestly it might, why would this stream be processed any faster than Express Entry ?

I’d say around a year. Processing 90,000 applications I don’t think it’ll be done any faster.
Reasoning is that some streams take longer to process than others because there’s a lot of elegibility requirements and information to verify from abroad.

The new streams however, seem to have requirements easier to verify as they’re all about work experience and education in Canada.

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Hello,
I have a question : I graduated last year from a canadian university and now I am doing a master in the same university. I have a student permit and I am working part-time . Can I qualify ?

thanks for your help
You have to be on work permit to apply. I believe it should be a full time job. Will see

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
I have a question : I graduated last year from a canadian university and now I am doing a master in the same university. I have a student permit and I am working part-time . Can I qualify ?

thanks for your help
Based on the details released so far, it looks like the answer is no since you are on a study permit (not a work permit). But you should certainly wait for the full details to be released to confirm. Good luck and hopefully you'll qualify.

melimelo

Apr 19, 2021
Based on the details released so far, it looks like the answer is no since you are on a study permit (not a work permit). But you should certainly wait for the full details to be released to confirm. Good luck and hopefully you'll qualify.
Thanks for the answer. I tried to read the whole law but I didn't see anything that said you need to be in a work permit to be able to qualify.
So I was super confuse.
I hope I can qualify too .

sharmi143

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
  1. Be employed in Canada with a valid permit or authorization to work pursuant to the Act and Regulations at the time the application for permanent residence is received and must not be self-employed, unless working as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority. The employment must meet the definition of work under subsection 73(2) of the Regulations;

sharmi143

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
tha
Study permit has authorization to work. This is still unclear.
That would count as part-time.

Have completed, prior to the date on which the application for permanent residence is received and no earlier than January 2017, a program of study at one of the following “Designated Learning Institutions” in Canada as defined in section 211.1 of the Regulations:

Have been granted one of the following credentials, following the completion of a program study from an eligible institution as defined in a):

1. Be employed in Canada with a valid permit or authorization to work pursuant to the Act and Regulations at the time the application for permanent residence is received and must not be self-employed, unless working as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority. The employment must meet the definition of work under subsection 73(2) of the Regulations;
All these requirements leads to Full time - PGPW

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
As I understand, the user @melimelo has completed a program of study at a Canadian university and is currently doing another program, and is on study permit.

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
As I understand, the user @melimelo has completed a program of study at a Canadian university and is currently doing another program, and is on study permit.
Yeah, this seems to be an uncommon scenario that seems to technically be eligible? unless employment needs to be full-time.

sharmi143

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Under study permit you are able to work only under Part-time. As mentioned earlier all that requirements lead to full time.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
What requirements lead to full time? They never said you have to have a full time job.

(And you can work full time on study permit, as long as it's on campus.)

sharmi143

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Under study permit you are able to work only under Part-time. As mentioned earlier all that requirements lead to full time.
hat would count as part-time.

Have completed, prior to the date on which the application for permanent residence is received and no earlier than January 2017, a program of study at one of the following “Designated Learning Institutions” in Canada as defined in section 211.1 of the Regulations:

Have been granted one of the following credentials, following the completion of a program study from an eligible institution as defined in a):

73(2) of the Regulations; means u must provide a job letter on a stated date or no later than a certain date (these are provided when u have a full time job).

Do more research on those subsections everything is clearly mentioned. It's true they did not mention that u must work full time, it pretty vague.
But this whole stream is for workers in Canada who have been graduated. So, it means u will be already on ur PGPW by the time u apply for this stream.

Other student graduates from 2017 have already done their course and most of them might be on PGWP as per IRCC u will be only granted once PGWP (then there whole other section in order to be eligible for PGPW) some might be waiting for a response from IRCC about their application on PGWP(so no implied status is permitted) rest of them has only part-time work and currently studying for them to find a full-time job during these covid times, not sure how its gonna work out.

If you think of it with whatever IRCC provided us -- yea u need to work full time.

Explanation more than this!!! Sorry!!

U could call IRCC but then they would say they have no clue because full information is not out yet.

Last edited:

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
73(2) of the Regulations; means u must provide a job letter on a stated date or no later than a certain date (these are provided when u have a full time job).
This is not necessarily true. My wife, who worked both part and full-time, could get these even with a part-time job. If they wanted only those employed full time, I think they would have said it already. But we'll see.

Reactions: ALsw1989