+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
This !

1. Have submitted an application for permanent residence using the forms provided by the Department for this public policy and which must include at the time of application all proof necessary to satisfy an officer that the applicant meets the conditions (eligibility requirements) of this public policy, except for evidence required to demonstrate physical presence in Canada at the time of application approval;
So in short, IRCC does say that you need the valid documents or else the application won't be processed.
Is PCC is a mandatory document? to submit the application. as usually we have 90 days to submit it . Why people considering it as a mandatory document to proceed the application.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Is PCC is a mandatory document? to submit the application. as usually we have 90 days to submit it . Why people considering it as a mandatory document to proceed the application.
We don't know how the system is going to be like, but people are speculating that the student stream will close within hours, so 90 days seems like a very generous amount of time.

Reactions: NAVNII

penn302

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
I don’t think you can get the proof of employment now. It must show that you are employed at the time of application, so I guess you should get it on May 6th.
Hello, can we use the work contract as the proof of employment?

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
We don't know how the system is going to be like, but people are speculating that the student stream will close within hours, so 90 days seems like a very generous amount of time.
I need help with PCC fee payment options . I have everything but I do not have PCC . want to apply but BLS website is full of confusion.

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have query related to how to pay PCC fee as BLS wedsite mentioned to provide postal order in favor of BLS international....and fee should include Passport fee +consular fee+BLS service charges+ Return courier fees . But they mention only three types of fee structure that leads to total $ 41.40 .( consular fee, consular surcharge, BLS fee).
This makes me really confused , how I can pay rest of the fees means passport fee and return courier fee and how much I need to pay for these ones . Do I need to make separate postal order for these ones ? BLS website is full of confusing statements.
and one more question do I need to send photocopies of my parents passport / adhaar or ID as to to BLS along with other documents.
waiting for reply .

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
Hey guys anyone here preparing for the TEF ou TCF specifically for this new pathway stream of french speaking international students?
By the way, this is a very smart thing to do.. no stress of limits and you have time till November.. and the language requirement is the very basic level of French.

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
Is this true? We always hear those are difficult. My wife knows some French, but it's basic.
It is lower than the usual requirements for other streams, it is super worth looking into if you know basic French, have a look at TEF and TCF and see the scores for the benchmark levels, and try practice tests to see how far off you are. And you have till November.. since no intake caps! Suddenly everyone is going to be like "Puis je avoir la résidence permanente?"

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
It's for my wife; she is the principal applicant, but thank you. Do you happen to know which test is easier?
I'm not sure, don't take my word for it, but by looking at online test booking, TEF seems to be the more popular one, looking at TCF bookings it says "not for immigration Canada" not sure what that means.. again I'm not familiar with these but that's what I think at first glance.

Terri-Ann

May 30, 2019
For the new pathway for international students to apply for pr , if you only did a 8 months program at a DLI would you qualify?

Staysafe

Feb 25, 2021
Please help with your opinion/advice:

For the new Temporary Public Policy, I qualify for the International Graduate route with 40,000 cap if I can submit quickly within the cap limit.

I also think I qualify for the Essential Workers in Health Related Occupations (as my NOC is 4212 - Social and Community Service Worker and is mentioned in this route) with a cap of 20,000

However, I do not know if my NOC 4212 work being mentioned is enough or they would insist it is for those handling medical/hospital related cases (Please note the confusion as my 4212 work is involved in helping / counselling people with employment and social benefits during this Covid but not people that are hospitalized).

So should I target the cap 40,000 route (which I think might fill faster because many working graduates will qualify) or the cap 20,000 route?