+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Few minutes to submit an application for permanent residency? That's not how applications work, there are forms you need to fill and submit. There are many without all the documents and with language test options that'll just be a few extra people in the next few days/weeks.. Experts are saying this will close within the month, there was a video posted above and moving2canada experts predict the same. Plus, there will almost certainly be a condition saying you can't apply if you have already applied through CEC.
I was speaking with immigration lawyer who was also border officer before. I asked him if its gonna be too late for people like me who have ielts by the end of June. He replied that its not too late, because everyone booked ielts late. So we shall see, why did they stretched the stream for 6 months if they knew stream will close up in 4 weeks?

Bryan02

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016
Actually, do I need a police check? I’ve been in Canada since I was 14 and hasn’t lived outside of Canada (for longer than 6 months) since then.

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
I was speaking with immigration lawyer who was also border officer before. I asked him if its gonna be too late for people like me who have ielts by the end of June. He replied that its not too late, because everyone booked ielts late. So we shall see, why did they stretched the stream for 6 months if they knew stream will close up in 4 weeks?
Because you have a set select of people that have everything ready (say 25,000..) but then the other 15,000 are limited with the language test, IRCC knows this. So what happens is, with everyday that language test results come out, you have new applications coming in consistently but relatively "slower".. and this is why they think it'll fill up may/june... we have to remember most people did not do a language test because they weren't eligible for express entry. They made it 6 months for the french speakers and who knows.. in case there does end up being space.. ontario, the largest province, is in the strictest lockdown since the pandemic started, everyone thinks just because they are employed that so many others are too.. this isn't the case either.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Not sure it's going to be filled within a day because a complete application normally requires a medical exam, PCC...We don't know whether the system will allow you to register and save a "spot" and then give you X time to gather the documents or it will be first come, first served kind of deal

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
everyone worried bout language test, but police check is looking at February lol
Police checks from Canada aren't required at time of application, and when you get one, you don't always need fingerprints if your name isn't common. Try to apply through your regional police for the criminal record check (it says 2-3 weeks processing time), but if they do ask for fingerprints then yeah I don't know how long it'll take.

"A criminal record check will determine if you have been charged or convicted of a crime. If a name-based criminal record check does not provide a definite way of confirming your identity, you may be asked to provide fingerprints. The use of fingerprints is the most accurate way to confirm a person's identity. They ensure that individuals cannot evade their criminal past, and protect individuals from being falsely associated with a criminal record that is not theirs."

Source: https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/steps-getting-a-certified-criminal-record-check

Also, for the application itself..

"Police certificate and IRCC requirements
You don’t need to provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada. We’ll tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed."

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html

So this is IF they ask for it later.

Reactions: hhzara

Bryan02

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016
Police checks from Canada aren't required at time of application, and when you get one, you don't always need fingerprints if your name isn't common. Try to apply through your regional police for the criminal record check (it says 2-3 weeks processing time), but if they do ask for fingerprints then yeah I don't know how long it'll take.

"A criminal record check will determine if you have been charged or convicted of a crime. If a name-based criminal record check does not provide a definite way of confirming your identity, you may be asked to provide fingerprints. The use of fingerprints is the most accurate way to confirm a person's identity. They ensure that individuals cannot evade their criminal past, and protect individuals from being falsely associated with a criminal record that is not theirs."

Source: https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/steps-getting-a-certified-criminal-record-check

You don’t need to provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada. We’ll tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed."

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html

Ahhh I see! Thank you for the info!

Reactions: rambag98

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto

Normally they ask for one if you have a common name/last name and someone with a criminal record pops up during the search. It doesn't hurt to apply for a PCC early especially now that they're taking longer since the massive CEC draw back in February.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That’s what I was thinking but I was hoping that wasn’t the case. Thanks.
This is a mandatory requirement for that stream. Shorter programs unfortunately aren't accepted.

melimelo

Apr 19, 2021
Hello,
I have a question : I graduated last year from a canadian university and now I am doing a master in the same university. I have a student permit and I am working part-time . Can I qualify ?

thanks for your help