+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

Mel2021

Mar 2, 2021
Toronto
Hello everyone,
I have a quick question regarding the new pathway for permanent residency for international graduates and would appreciate it if someone could share his/her information about it.

I graduated with MSc in engineering in Feb 2020
In Canada ?

and right after, in May 2020 started my PhD studies. I have never applied for a post-graduate work permit and currently, I am holding a study permit. I was wondering whether I am eligible for this new stream or not.

Thanks in advance for your reply and thoughts on this,
"
Have been granted one of the following credentials, following the completion of a program study from an eligible institution as defined in a):
  • a degree (Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate) which must be a degree issued on completion of a program of at least 8 months in duration;
All details are published in policies:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies/trpr-international-graduates.html

So,
1)If you graduated wıth MSc from the Canadian University
2)If your language level of proficiency of at least benchmark 5
3)If you are working and eligible to get an employment letter and payslips
4)If you have a valid status.
The answer is yes.

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have a quick question regarding the new pathway for permanent residency for international graduates and would appreciate it if someone could share his/her information about it.

I graduated with MSc in engineering in Feb 2020 and right after, in May 2020 started my PhD studies. I have never applied for a post-graduate work permit and currently, I am holding a study permit. I was wondering whether I am eligible for this new stream or not.

Thanks in advance for your reply and thoughts on this,
Unfortunately, it says you need to be on a work permit and be employed (paid work) for this stream.

OHIPQ

Feb 15, 2021
Which IELTS test is required, the general test or the academic? Im assuming the general test because we did the academic before coming to Canada

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
Thats exactly what will happen
There are always people who think they are smart and try to slip through the cracks, and make it hard for honest people
I mean the quota will be processed. If there are ineligible they'll take the next submitted eligible application...lying on a PR application is extremely serious, people have been banned for 5 years for it.

Reactions: sharmi143

Mel2021

Mar 2, 2021
Toronto
Which IELTS test is required, the general test or the academic? Im assuming the general test because we did the academic before coming to Canada
IELTS Academic is for school admissions.
IELTS General is for immigration.
So, I assume IELTS General is needed.

OHIPQ

Feb 15, 2021
I kept trying over and over and finally got a booking for IELTS in mid July at toronto location. Anyone else get it to work? It was painfully slow

Mae.Will

Star Member
Mar 30, 2021
I kept trying over and over and finally got a booking for IELTS in mid July at toronto location. Anyone else get it to work? It was painfully slow
In British Council seems this is the soonest real option, but idp and Cambridge websites are down. Where could you book your test?

heroicdeath

Apr 14, 2021
Would this be quicker or slower than EE? I'll have 1 year of post-graduate work experience on April 27th, but I'm missing the health exam and the police certificate from Singapore (this is proving to be a very difficult thing to get). I have everything else ready to go including the english test scores.