+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

capforthepr

Nov 26, 2020
I am just wondering if CEC Express Entry Applicant who submitted their application and received ITA and AOR, can apply for this plan as well?

I doubt if I could pass the eligibility part of the NOC of my job for CEC by the immigration officer, so I just wondering if I could apply this new policy while waiting my CEC application?

gagan_deep

Apr 16, 2021
Does anybody know how we can apply for this on May 6th? Do we have to make an express entry profile? The announcement is not very clear about how is the application process.
Do we need to start gathering documents like police certificate now?
Same here. Couldn't find any link for application under this policy.

Oinpcandidate

Oct 14, 2020
Ontario - STAY AT HOME ORDERS ARE IN EFFECT. Mostly universities and colleges are closed and more restrictions will be announced today. Do you guys think that these IELTS centres are open ?:rolleyes:

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Ontario - STAY AT HOME ORDERS ARE IN EFFECT. Mostly universities and colleges are closed and more restrictions will be announced today. Do you guys think that these IELTS centres are open ?:rolleyes:
Im notake even sure if people who have booked ielts for April, can even t
which is the Cambridge site as I know about British council and idp
I just managed to get on Ielts web site and it shows for Toronto and Ottawa all is already booked for April, May, June, July, there are only 2 spots opened in August. It just shows how many people dont have fresh ielts general scores. I have mine on 26th of June, I am just hoping they will leave this program open for longer time, or if they fill up 40.000 spots, they will re-open the same program soon.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We don't know how this will work yet, but if it's not the same system as Express Entry perhaps you're able to register your "spot" and then are given X days to submit your application.

If they make it "free to register, submit ASAP" a lot of people are going to be fucked. I also suspect many ineligible people will apply because of FOMO and not reading all the details.
100%. This is going to be the PGP program all over again but probably worse. Will be interesting to see if IRCC really caps it at 40,000 or allows more people in since they know some will be rejected. IMO there is going to be a high rate of applicants for this who do not qualify.

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
100%. This is going to be the PGP program all over again but probably worse. Will be interesting to see if IRCC really caps it at 40,000 or allows more people in since they know some will be rejected. IMO there is going to be a high rate of applicants for this who do not qualify.
Well let them apply I mean the candidates that dont qualify, they will be rejected anyway. I think IRCC should leave this stream opened and allow more people in, since there are a lot of us who have booked our ielts at a later dates.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Well let them apply I mean the candidates that dont qualify, they will be rejected anyway. I think IRCC should leave this stream opened and allow more people in, since there are a lot of us who have booked our ielts at a later dates.
The problem is that IRCC may not do that. They may close the program once the 40,000 is reached even if many of those applicants are not qualified. This then leaves people like you out of luck. Basically people who don't bother to read the program details (or ignore them) end up taking a spot that you or another candidate who actually qualifies could have used. Maybe IRCC will reopen the program later - but certainly a chance they won't. We'll have to wait and see.

Reactions: hhzara

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
The problem is that IRCC may not do that. They may close the program once the 40,000 is reached even if many of those applicants are not qualified. This then leaves people like you out of luck. Basically people who don't bother to read the program details (or ignore them) end up taking a spot that you or another candidate who actually qualifies could have used. Maybe IRCC will reopen the program later - but certainly a chance they won't. We'll have to wait and see.
That would be super unprofessional from them. Do you think the web site will probably crash on the 6th of May? I dont get it, that even people who dont qualify would register and apply, I dont think they will be even able to apply, maybe only register or not even that, we shall see on 6th of May how they will design the application process.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That would be super unprofessional from them. Do you think the web site will probably crash on the 6th of May? I dont get it, that even people who dont qualify would register and apply, I dont think they will be even able to apply, maybe only register or not even that, we shall see on 6th of May how they will design the application process.
It will depend on how the design the intake process.

For PGP sponsorship, we've seen several years of people applying who don't qualify and IRCC hasn't fixed this.

Hopefully this is done better so spots aren't wasted.

Reactions: hhzara

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
It will depend on how the design the intake process.

For PGP sponsorship, we've seen several years of people applying who don't qualify and IRCC hasn't fixed this.

Hopefully this is done better so spots aren't wasted.
Yes lets hope that. So do you suggest that people like me start gathering documents such as police checks from our home countries and from Canada? And the medical exams, I have no clue if you can even do the medical right now because I am in Toronto and we are under lockdown for a month and we will get even more restrictions. Don't they give you 90 days now for gathering all the documents?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes lets hope that. So do you suggest that people like me start gathering documents such as police checks from our home countries and from Canada? And the medical exams, I have no clue if you can even do the medical right now because I am in Toronto and we are under lockdown for a month and we will get even more restrictions. Don't they give you 90 days now for gathering all the documents?
I don't know. I have no idea how the process is going to work.

MoikFisher

Mar 18, 2019
Hi members,
I am in doubts regarding the employment category. Is this stream for people who have the mentioned NOC jobs? I am working as part time associate in Walmart. I have all the other requirements related to IELTS, education, work permit etc. Considering my employment in Walmart as part time Ecommerce associate, am I eligible to apply?
Thank you for your guidance

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
It is not a stretch and I think you are being simplistic - or dare I say, overly optimistic- about it.

You only have to see how quickly the Ontario graduate streams get eaten up to see the reality. There are way more former international students who meet those criteria than 40000. For one, quite a number of them don't have the CEC one year experience yet, and even those who have will probably join this stream just because.

And while the English testing websites may have crashed, you have to realize theses are not just former students, but temporary workers too who want to join their stream. It's a rat race and it will only get crazier in the coming weeks.

Sure but Ontario graduate streams take 1000-1500 and it's registration only not submitting full documents. For example, if the system has a mandatory field to put in your IELTS certificate number then that alone stops a lot of ineligible applicants. My take is on the 40k students not the essential worker stream, which is its own parallel race.

farzadd

Sep 26, 2018
Do you guys think they require police certificate and medical exam on May 6th or they give us time to collect them?