Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I honestly feel like they wouldn't mention a November cut-off if it was something that is gone within a few minutes. They could just say "will open May 6 until quota is met". Don't stress out :) let's just be ready on May 6 and carefully fill out the application.
That is honestly true, how many graduates have their valid "General-IELTS" not many. Many will be trying to get bookings for a test, get their completion letters etc. Also you need to be employed currently, atleast for the student graduate streams.
Time will tell.

Reactions: rambag98

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Quick question though! I seem to be eligible for application according to the criteria written in the announcement.

however, As you may aware, it is almost impossible to book a test for either ielts or celpip and was wondering if you think or know the test results are mandatory in order to apply or is it something I could submit after submitting the application?

Hope they add additional test slots though. :(
Tests are mandatory, I have my valid IELTS-Academic, and it's of no use, trying to get a General IELTS test soon.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Can someone interpret the essential worker requirement;

The foreign national must:

1. Have accumulated at least one (1) year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time experience (1,560 hours),

Will they follow the CEC, EE rules of counting part time hours, or as long as you worked 1560 hours you're fine?

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
I am
I don't really know how many are eligible, the closest to a number we have is the PGWP eligible for extension policy where around 50,000 were eligible.. I would assume many are in the same boat as you? just try to do it ASAP and hope for the best.. no one knows if it closes in 5 days.
Yes let's just hope the program will stay open for at least 3, 4 months. Or they can extend it somehow. I have full time permanent job as a line cook, I have my diploma from a 2 year college from here. All I need is this damn ielts, well I'm getting results from it on 10th of July. God bring us luck to us all!

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
It depends on how the program is set up, if 40.000 people can "register" and then have X time to send a complete application, that would mean anyone can get a spot ASAP and worry about the documents later.
I think a lot of people will get their ielts in July like myself and the spots can fill up than, hopefully. I'm hoping the system won't be open only like a month or even less.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
It depends on how the program is set up, if 40.000 people can "register" and then have X time to send a complete application, that would mean anyone can get a spot ASAP and worry about the documents later.
Any applications received after the intake cap of 40,000 has been reached, will not be processed.

From my understanding, IRCC will continue to receive applications, but once they see the 40,000th application, they won't process others.
Oh well, time will tell.

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
Would this be quicker or slower than EE? I'll have 1 year of post-graduate work experience on April 27th, but I'm missing the health exam and the police certificate from Singapore (this is proving to be a very difficult thing to get). I have everything else ready to go including the english test scores.
I think do whatever comes first? This new stream would probably require police certificate too.

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
That is honestly true, how many graduates have their valid "General-IELTS" not many. Many will be trying to get bookings for a test, get their completion letters etc. Also you need to be employed currently, atleast for the student graduate streams.
Time will tell.
Yep, I feel it is a stretch to assume 40,000 international graduates are currently employed, have their IELTS and police certificates ready to go on May 6. Those that have skilled work would have applied for CEC at the 1 year mark, those will NOC C and D would make use of the essential worker stream. I don't want to underestimate the number but the fact IELTS websites crashed for over a day means there are thousands without test results yet.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Yep, I feel it is a stretch to assume 40,000 international graduates are currently employed, have their IELTS and police certificates ready to go on May 6. Those that have skilled work would have applied for CEC at the 1 year mark, those will NOC C and D would make use of the essential worker stream. I don't want to underestimate the number but the fact IELTS websites crashed for over a day means there are thousands without test results yet.
It is not a stretch and I think you are being simplistic - or dare I say, overly optimistic- about it.

You only have to see how quickly the Ontario graduate streams get eaten up to see the reality. There are way more former international students who meet those criteria than 40000. For one, quite a number of them don't have the CEC one year experience yet, and even those who have will probably join this stream just because.

And while the English testing websites may have crashed, you have to realize theses are not just former students, but temporary workers too who want to join their stream. It's a rat race and it will only get crazier in the coming weeks.

Reactions: rambag98

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Personally, I hope they do it like the AIPP or other nomination programs where nominations are given over time and those who qualify able to apply for PR. I don't imagine anyone will be able to apply for the PR proper over a small window on May 6th.

Sam421

Jul 25, 2019
Do I qualify ?

Completed an associate certificate program - 1 year in BC, Canada
Status - Valid OWP (PGWP)
Starting a warehouse job next week
IELTS General done in Feb 2021

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Do I qualify ?

As far as I know you need minimum 2 year diploma to be eligible. But I suggest you to check the official government web site again to be sure.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Do I qualify ?

You need a 16 month program to be eligible under student graduate.

Reactions: scylla

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Do I qualify ?

You would qualify if,

a degree, diploma, certificate, or attestation issued on completion of a program of any duration leading to an occupation in a skilled trade (listed in Annex A)

From what I understand, your study and job have to be related and in those specific occupations of skilled work.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies/trpr-international-graduates.html