+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

Elias_Andvari

Star Member
May 19, 2018
I have jpgs of the just the photo, and pdfs of the front and seal on the back. Depending on the checklist/guidelines I'll upload either one.
I have photos I took on November from a professional photographer with the front/back thing so "Technically" I can use those as they'll be less than 6 months at the time of the application.

I also took my own pic matching normal EE specs.
but normally, do you guys know if the DIGITAL photo requires the submission of the back of the photo? or is that only for paper-based applications?
I guess if they tell you that the format should be JPEG, that scanning and cropping might become a bit problematic

lumoxmaxima

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
They would probably refund the biometrics fee. I paid for it when I applied for PGWP and the fee was refunded when I got approved.
yeah the thing is.. i have never done biometrics before because it was never asked to me during my study permit and work permit applications..

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
but normally, do you guys know if the DIGITAL photo requires the submission of the back of the photo? or is that only for paper-based applications?
I guess if they tell you that the format should be JPEG, that scanning and cropping might become a bit problematic
EE photo is just like the pic you're asked for a TRV, I've always taken them myself with 0 issues.

Paper-based PNP requires the photo with the back and everything, so I've heard about COPR and PR cards...But here's the thing, now paper-based PNP's have gone online so they ask you to scan both sides. About this stream, we don't know yet but if you want to apply asap do both things.

Reactions: Elias_Andvari

Elias_Andvari

Star Member
May 19, 2018
EE photo is just like the pic you're asked for a TRV, I've always taken them myself with 0 issues.

Paper-based PNP requires the photo with the back and everything, so I've heard about COPR and PR cards...But here's the thing, now paper-based PNP's have gone online so they ask you to scan both sides. About this stream, we don't know yet but if you want to apply asap do both things.
thank you!
do you think i can submit the digital jpeg as per their size guidelines, and then attach a pdf with the back of the photo with photographer's info (either in the photo section or the client info section)? don't really see a point of double scanning the front if i can just give them the jpeg

Mel2021

Mar 2, 2021
Toronto
They would probably refund the biometrics fee. I paid for it when I applied for PGWP and the fee was refunded when I got approved.
For PR, they will provide an invitation for biometrics. Then we will make an appointment by using the application number which will be provided to us.

lumoxmaxima

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
for photo, i have the photo that i used for my work permit application from 2019. Can i use the same photo ?
I am still the same person lol.

canwave

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Hey guys,

For the Generic Form IMM0008 what should we fill out for the Application details at the very start of the form? The first box is 'Program' and the second box is 'Category?' What should we enter in those boxes?

Also for the payment, if we pay now and are not able to apply in time before the intake cap is full, we will get a refund right?

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Hey guys,

For the Generic Form IMM0008 what should we fill out for the Application details at the very start of the form? The first box is 'Program' and the second box is 'Category?' What should we enter in those boxes?

Also for the payment, if we pay now and are not able to apply in time before the intake cap is full, we will get a refund right?
Until the stream launches, we probably won’t see the form updated. Also there are rumors saying that it will be done electronically

Reactions: canwave

canwave

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Until the stream launches, we probably won’t see the form updated. Also there are rumors saying that it will be done electronically
Oh ok. This is all so confusing.

And I'm reading a lot about Police Clearance Certificates. I know no one knows for sure but is it necessary to submit it with the application or only if they ask you to submit it afterwards. I have been in Canada for the past year and and a half so I will have to request the police clearance form from my country online and with all the COVID restrictions I doubt I'll have it in time for when the applications open.

Mel2021

Mar 2, 2021
Toronto
Ok, so we shouldn't buy biometrics now? Especially if we have 1 year old biometrics already?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

It says:

Permanent residence applicants
Due to COVID 19, as a temporary measure, if you gave your biometrics for another application within the last 10 years, you don’t need to give your biometrics again.

If you’ve never given biometrics in the past, or it’s been longer than 10 years, you’ll need to give them when the biometric collection sites closest to you start offering biometric collection services again.

Find out if your biometrics requirements are being affected by COVID-19

You are lucky.

Reactions: SatNight