+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

lumoxmaxima

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
for PR photo, are those required upfront during the application ? I have my photos from 2019 which i used them for Work permit application. Should i get a new photo or apply with the same one ? If i need to retake it, can i take photo from Shoppers ?

Riri15

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
for PR photo, are those required upfront during the application ? I have my photos from 2019 which i used them for Work permit application. Should i get a new photo or apply with the same one ? If i need to retake it, can i take photo from Shoppers ?
You can't use a photo from 2019, he has to be within the last 6 months. I believe shoppers only take hard copy passport photo size.

farzadd

Sep 26, 2018
It should be in the past 6 months. I took from shoppers, but they only give you hard copy. I scanned it and will upload that.

lumoxmaxima

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
It should be in the past 6 months. I took from shoppers, but they only give you hard copy. I scanned it and will upload that.
Ok, i will go to shoppers tomorrow to get it done then. Do they have stamp in shoppers ? I believe back of the photo must be stamped by the photo issuer or something like that ?

farzadd

Sep 26, 2018
Ok, i will go to shoppers tomorrow to get it done then. Do they have stamp in shoppers ? I believe back of the photo must be stamped by the photo issuer or something like that ?
They do stamp the back of the photo, but I don’t think that’s necessary. They probably just want a digital photo.

canwave

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
I was ab
I was able to get just the digital copy from shoppers. They put it in a new flash drive and costs $29.99 totally. Along with that, I received a separate hard copy of a regular-sized photo paper with the my PP photo and the photograph details and date and time. Should I upload the digital photo plus scan this photo and upload that as well?

farzadd

Sep 26, 2018
I was ab

I was able to get just the digital copy from shoppers. They put it in a new flash drive and costs $29.99 totally. Along with that, I received a separate hard copy of a regular-sized photo paper with the my PP photo and the photograph details and date and time. Should I upload the digital photo plus scan this photo and upload that as well?
Well I guess it depends on which shoppers you go to then. We don’t know yet, but they probably want the digital. Just have both of them ready and upload whichever they ask on May 6th.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Ah...Just paid for the application. I guess there's no going back now.

I honestly don't think the stream for IG will close within a day, mostly because of IELTS, but the system will crash for sure so paying upfront feels like a good idea considering the payment portal stopped working for a few days last week.

Other than that, 1 week to go guys. Since the payment portal is up, we might get lucky and see the program page uploaded (not accepting registrations though) soon either tomorrow or early next week.

Reactions: canwave and bootes

canwave

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Ah...Just paid for the application. I guess there's no going back now.

I honestly don't think the stream for IG will close within a day, mostly because of IELTS, but the system will crash for sure so paying upfront feels like a good idea considering the payment portal stopped working for a few days last week.

Other than that, 1 week to go guys. Since the payment portal is up, we might get lucky and see the program page uploaded (not accepting registrations though) soon either tomorrow or early next week.
Me too. My life flashed before my eyes when I clicked that 'Proceed to payment' button.

Do you already have your proficiency test results? I'm doing my test on Saturday and the results will be out in 4-5 days. If it's four days I get it on May 5th and I'll be ready, if not I hope the portal will be open for a day.

Also waiting for my Graduation Letter and official transcript. Do you think they'll need both for IG's? Hopefully, I'll get both before May 6th.

My anxiety is through the roof!!

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Me too. My life flashed before my eyes when I clicked that 'Proceed to payment' button.

Do you already have your proficiency test results? I'm doing my test on Saturday and the results will be out in 4-5 days. If it's four days I get it on May 5th and I'll be ready, if not I hope the portal will be open for a day.

Also waiting for my Graduation Letter and official transcript. Do you think they'll need both for IG's? Hopefully, I'll get both before May 6th.

Yes, I wanted to apply for CEC in May so when the stream was announced I could have applied right in the spot :')
Not sure about what they'll accept as proof os completion of studies

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020

I've got everything my diploma, transcripts..., I just got today from my employer letter of employment dated for May 6th. Im gonna get celpip results back on May 16. Good luck to you, hopefully the stream will remain open for at least 14 days.

Reactions: SatNight

IanCSC

Jan 3, 2021

No, you didn't get the graduation certificate, very likely ineligible. you can still have that money back.