language:- general ielts
proof of pcc
status in canada
digital photo
imm008 form, imm5669, 5406, 5562
fees 1050 including rprf
passport
birth certificate
is any other document that I am missing here?
do we need rcmp as well?
and what about biom
Unless you have kids, you don't need a birth certificate

potatohead

May 3, 2021
guys, what's up with the payment? are you guys all paying now or are you waiting until May 6th ? :)
I saw some people already paid while others are waiting. I am not sure if you get a refund if you pay and are not able to submit. (the entire fee I mean and not just the RFPF)

apgh

Sep 1, 2020
Does anyone know or have a gut feeling whether IRCC accepts proof of graduation letters instead of the actual diploma? My diploma will be delivered in June and I'm planing to upload it via a webform.

potatohead

May 3, 2021
so we need following documents:
for work proof:- recent paystub, job letter
for study:- degree, transcripts
language:- general ielts
proof of pcc
status in canada
digital photo
imm008 form, imm5669, 5406, 5562
fees 1050 including rprf
passport
birth certificate
is any other document that I am missing here?
do we need rcmp as well?
and what about biom
They will probably need a medical at some point. Not sure if upfront or not. In the stream yesterday they mentioned that they won't require the people on worker's permit to submit an upfront medical if they have the number for an expired one and will approach them on a case by case basis to get a new medical. Listening to that, I am assuming that everyone else would probably need to provide an upfront medical :/ So if you are an international graduate, you will probably need an upfront medical, but I hope not.

potatohead

May 3, 2021
Does anyone know or have a gut feeling whether IRCC accepts proof of graduation letters instead of the actual diploma? My diploma will be delivered in June and I'm planing to upload it via a webform.
We don't know yet. For PGWP IRCC lets you use a degree completion letter and an official transcript but for PR and specifically for this stream we don't yet. There will not be any way for you to add to the documents you have already submitted. Applications will either be accepted or rejected by IRCC. This we know. So I wouldn't bet on providing documents via a webform especially if it is part of the eligibility criteria and not the admissibility part (PCC and medicals)

AMP20

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
So just to confirm if I have completed a 8 month (1 year) PG certificate I am not eligible to apply for the new pathway to PR right?
Can someone please help me with this? Is anyone here applying with only 1 year diploma/ certificate?

Vdiksha1

Apr 8, 2020
They will probably need a medical at some point. Not sure if upfront or not. In the stream yesterday they mentioned that they won't require the people on worker's permit to submit an upfront medical if they have the number for an expired one and will approach them on a case by case basis to get a new medical. Listening to that, I am assuming that everyone else would probably need to provide an upfront medical :/ So if you are an international graduate, you will probably need an upfront medical, but I hope not.
I am an international graduate and on work permit right now.

potatohead

May 3, 2021
I am an international graduate and on work permit right now.
Yes but I am assuming you didn't have to do a medical when you got the work permit. I think workers' permit != PGWP in this context. That's why I am ASSUMING we will have to have an upfront medical done.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
So far we know that there's two stages: eligibility and admissibility.

With eligibility it seems like we only need to be able we meet the program requirements, so I'd say just work/school documents, language tests and the basic PR documents. This is the equivalent of the R10 check for EE.

If we pass eligibility, it looks like we'll be moved into admissibility. This is where we might get ADR request such as medicals and PCC and basically prove we're not a threat to the country.

IMO, if you have both eligibility and admissibility documents upfront your application has good chances of being processed fast, it's been hinted by several sources (leaked briefing, chatty lawyer, CICnews...) that this program is a once in a lifetime thing to meet 2021 immigration quota, this leads me to believe they're expecting to process those applications pretty quickly.

So if you have everything upfront, have a simple profile and apply on May 6th, I see pretty decent chances of getting a COPR by September-November.

This is just speculation though, we'll have to wait and see

potatohead

May 3, 2021
So far we know that there's two stages: eligibility and admissibility.

With eligibility it seems like we only need to be able we meet the program requirements, so I'd say just work/school documents, language tests and the basic PR documents. This is the equivalent of the R10 check for EE.

If we pass eligibility, it looks like we'll be moved into admissibility. This is where we might get ADR request such as medicals and PCC and basically prove we're not a threat to the country.

IMO, if you have both eligibility and admissibility documents upfront your application has good chances of being processed fast, it's been hinted by several sources (leaked briefing, chatty lawyer, CICnews...) that this program is a once in a lifetime thing to meet 2021 immigration quota, this leads me to believe they're expecting to process those applications pretty quickly.

So if you have everything upfront, have a simple profile and apply on May 6th, I see pretty decent chances of getting a COPR by September-November.

This is just speculation though, we'll have to wait and see
I agree with this. I am unsure if they will be okay with cases that have all the eligibility documents and are missing some admissibility documents (because they're delayed). Hoping there is some leeway there, otherwise it will pretty much be people whose home countries can provide them with a PCC first, and who have more immigration medical examiners nearby. Which is not wrong but would suck for a lot of people.

potatohead

May 3, 2021
Does anyone know if it was mentioned that there would be a guide out tomorrow (May 5th) or not? I am not sure if I am remembering a legit source or a rumour. Might have been the stream.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I agree with this. I am unsure if they will be okay with cases that have all the eligibility documents and are missing some admissibility documents (because they're delayed). Hoping there is some leeway there, otherwise it will pretty much be people whose home countries can provide them with a PCC first, and who have more immigration medical examiners nearby. Which is not wrong but would suck for a lot of people.
I believe our mentality is "apply ASAP before spots run out" while IRCC is expecting only complete applications, the secretism they have around this program is not very normal either and they should have announced this program only with the full information. IMO they should have waited to announce it, but once they did, giving the whole guide and leaving 3-4 weeks for applicants to prepare WITH all the information available.

I believe the whole rush came from "hey, we're not even close to this year's quota even with massive CEC draws, we gotta come up with something fast" hence the chaos. If the stream is launched in May and it fills up by June, that means that if IRCC is diligent processing those applications by the end of the year they should all be processed or close to.

Does anyone know if it was mentioned that there would be a guide out tomorrow (May 5th) or not? I am not sure if I am remembering a legit source or a rumour. Might have been the stream.
Saw it in a Q & A from IRCC's twitter