+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Well guys, I'm going to list everything we have. Let's compare and see if we all have the same documents prepared:

- imm0008 (placeholder until the good one gets released)
- imm5406 (printed, signed and scanned)
- imm5562 (printed several copies of the first page since I have a long travel history)
- imm5609 (printed, signed and scanned)

EDUCATION DOCUMENTS:

- Diploma
- Transcripts
- Confirmation of Graduation
- Study permit (which proves I studied legally and for 3 years)

EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS:

- Reference letter as per CEC specifications
- Employment contract
- T4
- 3 latest pay stubs

LANGUAGE:

- IELTS test report scanned

MEDICAL:

- Upfront medical exam form, taken on April 9th

PASSPORT AND ID:

- Bio page of my passport (I don't have any stamps, brand new)
- National ID, original, affidavit and translation

POLICE CERTIFICATES:

- Upfront RCMP certificate (I don't need it, just in case)
- Home country police certificate, original, affidavit and translation (I don't need it, just in case)

PICTURE:

- Digital pic according to EE's guidelines
- Professional studio picture with stamp on the back

PROOF OF PAYMENT:

- Receipt from the payment portal

LETTER OF EXPLANATION:

- A letter detailing my profile and the status I've held ever since I came to Canada, brief details of my work experience and some particularities regarding my country's police certificate. Nothing too crazy.

PROOF OF RESIDENCE:
JUST IN CASE they make you prove you want to live outside of Quebec

- Lease agreement in Ontario
- Ontario driver's license (with my address on it)
- Ontario Health card (with my address on it)

mpham123

Mar 7, 2021
Even though no one is fully sure what IRCC wants, but with the exceptions they have made, I guess there would be a lower chance of them requiring an upfront medical/PCC. Just imagine the sudden floods of appointments, especially in a middle of a lockdown. If they're considerate over this situation, they would require that once the applications are approved

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Even though no one is fully sure what IRCC wants, but with the exceptions they have made, I guess there would be a lower chance of them requiring an upfront medical/PCC. Just imagine the sudden floods of appointments, especially in a middle of a lockdown. If they're considerate over this situation, they would require that once the applications are approved
Uh, not really. The next thing to fill right after IELTS/CELPIP booking chaos were medical appointments. The one I went to earlier in April had the whole month available. Last weekend I checked again for a friend and there were no appointments left until June.

Reactions: potatohead

mpham123

Mar 7, 2021
Uh, not really. The next thing to fill right after IELTS/CELPIP booking chaos were medical appointments. The one I went to earlier in April had the whole month available. Last weekend I checked again for a friend and there were no appointments left until June.
But as the medical exam is admissibility, unlike IELTS, it would be more considerate of them to treat upfront medical as a nice-to-have, not a requirements. The medical bookings chaos can be avoided if they specified this couple weeks earlier

Reactions: kloppity

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
There is no point going crazy about a medical records guy now. Although it is advisable to do it as soon as possible, you won't want an inability to book a medical exam on time delay your application significantly.

Personally I believe them requesting a medical from those who don't submit upfront will generally be seen as a good sign as that'd mean they passed the basic eligibility.

Although a part of me thinks the term eligibility used in this case is just a R10 check for most other immigration applications and there'd be a much more rigorous eligibility check after the fact.

ara_sj1001

Sep 19, 2019
Well guys, I'm going to list everything we have. Let's compare and see if we all have the same documents prepared:
Thank you for the summary!

By the way, do we need to print the application out?
I'm not sure which portal would be opened but some people said it would be the 'Permanent Resident Portal'.

If IRCC let us know to use the pr portal, do we still need to print them out for sign OR just upload the file on the portal and sign electronically?

I know, of course, information is not released yet about this, but just curious..

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Thank you for the summary!

By the way, do we need to print the application out?
I'm not sure which portal would be opened but some people said it would be the 'Permanent Resident Portal'.

If IRCC let us know to use the pr portal, do we still need to print them out for sign OR just upload the file on the portal and sign electronically?

I know, of course, information is not released yet about this, but just curious..
1. Some forms need to be printed, signed and scanned
2. That's not it, it might look similar but there's no way the PR portal can handle the projected traffic
3. A mix of both, it doesn't hurt to print and scan some forms

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020

ara_sj1001

Sep 19, 2019
2. That's not it, it might look similar but there's no way the PR portal can handle the projected traffic
Thank you so much for the answer :)

Well, then what we can do is.. just wait until tomorrow or May 6 for details.. What a mess and chaos! Good luck everyone!

apgh

Sep 1, 2020
How do you know they won't update the forms? I also wanna fill them out and have all the documents ready, but I'm afraid they might update the forms. Even if the forms look very identical, there might be slight changes that's not easy to catch...

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
How do you know they won't update the forms? I also wanna fill them out and have all the documents ready, but I'm afraid they might update the forms. Even if the forms look very identical, there might be slight changes that's not easy to catch...
If they update them, I'll just copy paste the info I already have

Elias_Andvari

Star Member
May 19, 2018
do you think the Travel Form can just be uploaded in the electronic format, without scanning? I don't see any signature field there

_frankenstein

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Guys, as I understand they only need us to be employed at the time of submission, right? They don't need us to have work experience. Like, for instance, if we got a job just two weeks ago, that would be enough?

Also, I can't see anything about part-time/full-time on the eligibility page. It only says being employed. Do you guys know anything about this?