+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My PR landing Experience (Express Entry)

aniket_s90

Aug 10, 2019
Canada Visa has always been very helpful for me through out the process and finally I have landed in Toronto as a PR.
Here s my landing experience.

I booked one way ticket from Los Angeles to Toronto Pearson.

Landed at Toronto Pearson at 7.45 AM.

Documents I was carrying (In Hand) :
1. Passport with one time entry Visa
2. CoPR
3. Bank Statements

(You dont need to carry other Docs in your hand as they will be needed in an extremely rare condition)

Once Landed, I was given a declaration form to declare things like Meat Product, Fire-arms, Vegetables etc etc , also the cash (If more than CAD 10,000)

Right after getting off the plane , there are two different lines.
1. US/Canada Passport holders
2. All Others

I went through " All Others " queue.

At the Immigration booth, Even before the CBSA officer asked me anything, I told him that I am landing as a PR for the first time, CBSA officer checked my passport and the visa and asked me to go to section 3 which is new immigrant's office.

on my way there, Other CBSA officer guided me to the section 3 and asked me to come to the counter directly as there was no one in front of me (Just me)

She asked for my passport and CoPR and asked following questions.

1. How much money you are carrying?
- USD ****
(Also handed over my bank statements)
CBSA : What is this?
Me : my Bank statements as Proof of Funds
CBSA : I don't need that, You can take those back.(note:It is very unlikely that the officer will ask for PoF but This does not mean that its ok not to carry PoF )

She stamped my Visa and signed both the copies of CoPR and asked me to sign the same and handed one copy to me ( Non-Picture Copy )

2. Do you have any criminal record?
- No

3. Are you carrying any food?
- Yes
CBSA : What kind of food?
Me : Chocolates, Marshmellow Packets
CBSA : That's fine! anything else?
Me : No

4. Do you have any address in Canada?
- I would be staying at my cousins place for a week and would go back to the US... but you can ship my card at this address.!! Gave her the address where I was going to stay initially...
(note: they dont accept airbnb address for PR card shipments)

CBSA : Alright! your PR card would be shipped within 40-60 days on this address. There is a service canada desk downstairs on your way out where you will get your SIN number .
Welcome to Canada! just take a vacation if it gets too cold for you in winter.

I replied " I would rather stay here in winter to get used to the snow!!

Walked downstairs picked up my bags and went to service canada desk and provided them my CoPR.
The SIN number was generated in like 10 min. and I was handed over the SIN card ( Paper form )

The whole process took like 20 minutes.

I hope this helps to an upcoming PR holders planning to land here soon....
Best of luck to All!!! Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: NMS@

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thanks for the detailed write up.

Congratulations and welcome to Canada!