+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My landing experience in IRCC Office, Ottawa on 23rd Jan, 2018

dustytiger

Apr 21, 2019
I live in Ottawa. Hmm they didn’t ask me where I came from, but then they have my Ottawa address so I’m not sure whether they enforce this. You could try emailing to get an appointment in Toronto? The next time you can go is 2nd Tuesday of May which seems to be on the 14th. You might get an appointment before that, hopefully. Otherwise, I don’t see why they would send you back because you’re not from Ottawa. Most of the time you can land everywhere in Canada except for something weird about QC.

I brought my COPR letters, passports and work/study permits, and 2 extra photos. The agent only took one of the extra photos I brought. Also I got lucky because I had old plane tickets with me that she asked for when I needed her to change the last date I entered Canada.
Yeah I’ve just heard it can take a long time to get an appointment. I’m still waiting to receive my CoPR, but once I get it, I like the idea of being in control of my timelines for my landing, especially after so much waiting!

Thanks so much for your help

seyed_g

Aug 28, 2014
Great, thanks. And congrats!

Do you live in Ottawa? Or did you travel in from out of town? I’m planning to make the trip from Toronto, but have heard conflicting information about whether they will process people residing outside of Ottawa.

And one last question sorry...what did you bring with you?
Hi, did you land at Ottawa Office?

sharathrns

May 11, 2018
Yup it all went as planned. The wait was about 2hours long though.
Hello,
Can you also please tell me whether they do it on 4th tuesday as well? Thanks.
And there are two IRCC office in Ottawa.
1. 235 Queen Street, Level C3 - Suite 005
2. 65 Laurier Ave. W, Office 3122
Can you please let me know to which office did you visit? Thanks.

CaribbeanSensation

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Hello,
Can you also please tell me whether they do it on 4th tuesday as well? Thanks.
And there are two IRCC office in Ottawa.
1. 235 Queen Street, Level C3 - Suite 005
2. 65 Laurier Ave. W, Office 3122
Can you please let me know to which office did you visit? Thanks.
Yup second and fourth Tuesday, that’s what they told me in their email. You should go to the Queen Street one.

Reactions: sharathrns

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
I’ll be walking into the Ottawa IRCC office on the 9th next Tuesday (2nd Tuesday). Hopefully that’s the right date to do so.
Hi, can you tell me if you brought photos with you when you did the walk-in landing at Ottawa office?
Were they the same dimensions as the ones provided for CoPR docs?

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
Want to give everyone a quick update, just finished landing at the CIC office in Ottawa (235 Queens Ave). Went around 7:50am and there were 2 People in front of the line. Everything went super smooth and straightward. Don't think it took more than 10 mins and I was signed, sealed and congratulated as a PR :)
Thanks everyone here for letting me know know about this option of walking in to the Ottawa office for the landing. I prefer this to going to the border any day.

Make sure you take 2 more photos if you are going for this landing option. I took pretty much all my documents I submitted for pr but they only looked at the CoPR and passport.

My first entry date to Canada was wrong in the CoPR. When I mentioned this to the officer she said it doesn't matter. Only the last entry date should be correct.

Was a bit of a trip to come here but now I have the whole day to do some site seeing :) maybe say a quick hi to Justine ;)

Reactions: AdamAZ

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
I have a question for others who has done lading through Ottawa office. For your PR card, did they use the Photo of your CoPR or the new photos provided during landing interview?

maverick_07

Jul 2, 2018
I have a question for others who has done lading through Ottawa office. For your PR card, did they use the Photo of your CoPR or the new photos provided during landing interview?
Hi,

Which photo was printed on your PR card? Was it the one you submitted online or the ones you took to CIC office?

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
Hi,

Which photo was printed on your PR card? Was it the one you submitted online or the ones you took to CIC office?
I don't know actually, haven't received it yet. But I asked this question from someone else and apparently they used the ones we took to CIC office

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019
Hi.

Can we do the walk-in to CIC office (Ottawa Downtown) for Inland interview without taking an appointment?

Anyone did it recently?

Pori37

Apr 8, 2018
I live in Ottawa. It was a walk-in. Walk-ins are on second and fourth Tuesdays of a month. Also, you don't have to be from Ottawa to do the walk-in. If don't live in Ottawa, you can drive in, the process is quick and easy.
Hi

Two extra photos are needed for walkin and does it need to have stamp of photo studio

Please let me know

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Hey guys- I wanted to check if there is anyone here who had a prior visa refusal, and when asked about a denied entry at the landing interview, do they mean visa refusals too or just denied/refused entry at the entry port? I just want to make sure I provide an accurate answer, I can check with the the concerned agent too anyways. The specific details are already added in the application.