29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
Praying: Waived
LANDED..........
Praying: March-April 2015
Guys,

Did anyone experience to be asked about your previous marriage upon lanfing?What did u answer and what docs did they look into?

sunil_k_gupta

Aug 11, 2014
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Perukulla,
I had also completed my landing foarmalities at Ottawa Airport on 11th Sep 2015. My final destination was Winnipeg. But still my ECAS is showing my Indiana address & status as "Decision Made" instead of "Completed". I am worried about this. Have your ECAS status has been changed?
Regards,
Sunil

perukulla said:
My landing experience friends,
First of all i have to thank each and everyone in this forum to keep it as ocean of knowledge and issues resolution with valuable experience from the members.
1st day of landing:
-------------------------
I have landed on 9th september 2015 in ottawa international airport. The landing has been very smooth without any hassles the way people may get scared for lot of things around.
I landed at 3:30PM as per the local time of ottawa. The whole process just took 2 hours in the airport including entry into the passport .
first entry into passport control, they looked at my COPR,VISA and the disembarkation card we will in the airport. Be sure to declare the amount of cash you are bringing this is a must if you are carrying more than 10000 dollars in cash or dd or traveler cheques. They will be friendly dudes if you are fine with respect to all of your documentation no need to be panic. There probably including waiting in the queue we have completed about 15 to 20 minutes.
Then the officer will ask you to collect the luggage and go to immigration section.
In immigration section officer asked me to submit the passports with visas and copr. Give the address in canada in printed form rather than dictating there itself so that there are no errors either end. I did the same and the officer was happy to see our preparedness. folks no need to be panic on address front if you don't have a friend,relative in canada to give. You can give any temporary address like hotel you are going to stay as afterwards you can submit the form to CIC by a fax or submit new address online using the address notifcation portal of CIC. I did the same initially i given my company address where i was joining. After a week i updated with my residence address on CIC portal and by faxing a new form. eitherway is fine.
The process at immigration took little longer may be 3o to 40minutes as the officer was checking something in his system before giving a grant of PR status. I don't know what he checked to grant it but we were panic at this moment why he is taking such a long time but it is natural guys. But anyhow no need to be panic as if our application is inline with all the requirements for PR and we had submitted all the proper documentation,there should not be any issues granting it.
Then the officer called one by one including myself,spouse and spouse again on behalf of children to sign the COPR copies and granted the landing. It was amazing experience folks to see that our dream came true.
Then we marched to customs. Here as you had seen in some earlier forum topics as well. we need to keep 2 sets of goods accompanying and goods to carry with photos of jewellery and items you will be bringing later. The officer will check them,enter into system and give a copy to us for future records so that we can bring the goods to follow alter without incurring any taxes. The officer didn't ask us good accompanying list and photos at all but it is better to keep it as some officers may and some may not. luckily she didn't open our bags also to see what we are carrying. But some other person the different customs officer asked to show the items not sure what he had why he has asked to open and show. Thats why be cautious on what you are bringing into canda. I think canda border or customs agency will give you more data on what data to be bring in or not.
Next we marched out of the airport with copr stamped. then got into a taxi van as we had 12 bags of luggage to hotel. we landed into hotel about 45 minutes. So from the moment we got out of the plane to by the time got into hotels it took about 3.5 hours.
relaxed in the hotel that day night with a sound sleep as it is indeed a tough jouney.
2nd day of landing:
-----------------------
1. Went to near by service canda office (as service canda was not present in ottawa airport). we applied for SINs for all 4 of us myself,souse and children as well. It just took half-an hour to get them.
2. moved into TD canda trust bank just nearby and opened TD chequing account without any hassles and also was able to apply for credit card. What they needed was COPR,passports. It was good to see this as without any candian credit hostory getting credit card or even bank account was tough. But i guess nowadays canda has opened up very well ti support new immigrants.
3. Went into near by walmart store and took SIMs for mobiles bringing action in canada. As you know in a unknown place and country and that technology oriented country which largely resides on mobile internet for maps and google maps to search anything to move around. As not like india we can talk to anyone and get a help finding anything,so i can't tell more than this what is the importance of a mobile connection with internet facility. I was able to get the sims activated with connectivity just next day of landing. I was on completly to search anything be on my own.
Good thing about canada is we have very good transport facility not like usa. I was able to all these activities just travelling in a bus only so such a great connectivity.
3rd,4th,5hday of landing:
1. searched for houses near by locality with a indian community for better support and homeliness. i was able to get the house in 2days only. As i had the TD bank account, it was easy for me to get the land tenancy agreements done without any issue as they need some debit account as well. Usually many leasing companies won't accept the cash. So first important thing is to open a bank account and deposit cask into to use for any purpose. This is very important. canada they will take some time like 2 to 3 days for credit history clearance, security clearance from police dept which should not be an issue as we are new immigrants. So by 5th day i had my house ready and moved in.
Folks it is a pretty big story hope i didn't bored off anyone. Following things sailent points you can follow to keep yourself safe and be prepared to take up anything there.
1. Keep all your travel documents intact passports, coprs, children birth certificates,your professional certificates,degree certificates,ielts score copies,education credential assessment records. The bank statements of india, any other savings you have lie FDs,PFs which can be liquidated easily. These can be needed if the officer asks to show proof of funds. But in my case officer never asked any of the things.
2. keep 2 copies of documents of goods accompanying and following. with photographs of jewellery if at all.
3. No need to be panic on carrying settlement funds to canda. for you liquid funds you keep something like 1000 dollars in notes and rest in travel card. I was ICICI bank account holder, so i was able to take a travel card loaded in CAD. So it is like debit card and credit card as well, it was very convenient for me use. So other banks also have similar things better try that only. No need to go to any forex folks for these cards.
4. Children immunization records are very important without which school admissions can't be given.
I hope this post is useful for you folks.

aaji

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Dear friends,

Pls give detailed explanation about declaration card .

I travell with my spouse. Do we have to fill one card for both.

Do we have to declare funds as more than 10000 cad. ( we take funds as follows. 8000 Bank draft on my name an cash 1000cad
7000 bank draft on spouse name and 1900 cad

Which address to be mentioned . canadian or home country

imm2canada

Star Member
Aug 3, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2015, Passport received : 22-08-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2016
perukulla said:
First of all i have to thank each and everyone in this forum to keep it as ocean of knowledge and issues resolution with valuable experience from the members.
1st day of landing:
I have landed on 9th september 2015 in ottawa international airport. The landing has been very smooth without any hassles the way people may get scared for lot of things around.
I landed at 3:30PM as per the local time of ottawa. The whole process just took 2 hours in the airport including entry into the passport .
first entry into passport control, they looked at my COPR,VISA and the disembarkation card we will in the airport. Be sure to declare the amount of cash you are bringing this is a must if you are carrying more than 10000 dollars in cash or dd or traveler cheques. They will be friendly dudes if you are fine with respect to all of your documentation no need to be panic. There probably including waiting in the queue we have completed about 15 to 20 minutes.
Then the officer will ask you to collect the luggage and go to immigration section.
In immigration section officer asked me to submit the passports with visas and copr. Give the address in canada in printed form rather than dictating there itself so that there are no errors either end. I did the same and the officer was happy to see our preparedness. folks no need to be panic on address front if you don't have a friend,relative in canada to give. You can give any temporary address like hotel you are going to stay as afterwards you can submit the form to CIC by a fax or submit new address online using the address notifcation portal of CIC. I did the same initially i given my company address where i was joining. After a week i updated with my residence address on CIC portal and by faxing a new form. eitherway is fine.
The process at immigration took little longer may be 3o to 40minutes as the officer was checking something in his system before giving a grant of PR status. I don't know what he checked to grant it but we were panic at this moment why he is taking such a long time but it is natural guys. But anyhow no need to be panic as if our application is inline with all the requirements for PR and we had submitted all the proper documentation,there should not be any issues granting it.
Then the officer called one by one including myself,spouse and spouse again on behalf of children to sign the COPR copies and granted the landing. It was amazing experience folks to see that our dream came true.
Then we marched to customs. Here as you had seen in some earlier forum topics as well. we need to keep 2 sets of goods accompanying and goods to carry with photos of jewellery and items you will be bringing later. The officer will check them,enter into system and give a copy to us for future records so that we can bring the goods to follow alter without incurring any taxes. The officer didn't ask us good accompanying list and photos at all but it is better to keep it as some officers may and some may not. luckily she didn't open our bags also to see what we are carrying. But some other person the different customs officer asked to show the items not sure what he had why he has asked to open and show. Thats why be cautious on what you are bringing into canda. I think canda border or customs agency will give you more data on what data to be bring in or not.
Next we marched out of the airport with copr stamped. then got into a taxi van as we had 12 bags of luggage to hotel. we landed into hotel about 45 minutes. So from the moment we got out of the plane to by the time got into hotels it took about 3.5 hours.
relaxed in the hotel that day night with a sound sleep as it is indeed a tough jouney.
2nd day of landing:
-----------------------
1. Went to near by service canda office (as service canda was not present in ottawa airport). we applied for SINs for all 4 of us myself,souse and children as well. It just took half-an hour to get them.
2. moved into TD canda trust bank just nearby and opened TD chequing account without any hassles and also was able to apply for credit card. What they needed was COPR,passports. It was good to see this as without any candian credit hostory getting credit card or even bank account was tough. But i guess nowadays canda has opened up very well ti support new immigrants.
3. Went into near by walmart store and took SIMs for mobiles bringing action in canada. As you know in a unknown place and country and that technology oriented country which largely resides on mobile internet for maps and google maps to search anything to move around. As not like india we can talk to anyone and get a help finding anything,so i can't tell more than this what is the importance of a mobile connection with internet facility. I was able to get the sims activated with connectivity just next day of landing. I was on completly to search anything be on my own.
Good thing about canada is we have very good transport facility not like usa. I was able to all these activities just travelling in a bus only so such a great connectivity.
1. searched for houses near by locality with a indian community for better support and homeliness. i was able to get the house in 2days only. As i had the TD bank account, it was easy for me to get the land tenancy agreements done without any issue as they need some debit account as well. Usually many leasing companies won't accept the cash. So first important thing is to open a bank account and deposit cask into to use for any purpose. This is very important. canada they will take some time like 2 to 3 days for credit history clearance, security clearance from police dept which should not be an issue as we are new immigrants. So by 5th day i had my house ready and moved in.
Folks it is a pretty big story hope i didn't bored off anyone. Following things sailent points you can follow to keep yourself safe and be prepared to take up anything there.
1. Keep all your travel documents intact passports, coprs, children birth certificates,your professional certificates,degree certificates,ielts score copies,education credential assessment records. The bank statements of india, any other savings you have lie FDs,PFs which can be liquidated easily. These can be needed if the officer asks to show proof of funds. But in my case officer never asked any of the things.
2. keep 2 copies of documents of goods accompanying and following. with photographs of jewellery if at all.
3. No need to be panic on carrying settlement funds to canda. for you liquid funds you keep something like 1000 dollars in notes and rest in travel card. I was ICICI bank account holder, so i was able to take a travel card loaded in CAD. So it is like debit card and credit card as well, it was very convenient for me use. So other banks also have similar things better try that only. No need to go to any forex folks for these cards.
4. Children immunization records are very important without which school admissions can't be given.
Thank you bro for sharing your landing experience....

I have sent you a PM, looking forward for your response.

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
Congratulations perukulla on you successful landing! Wishing you the best in your new country Canada!

perukulla said:
1st day of landing:
2nd day of landing:
-----------------------

perukulla

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-02-2015
Med's Request
28-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2015
LANDED..........
09-09-2015
sunil_k_gupta said:
Hi Perukulla,
I had also completed my landing foarmalities at Ottawa Airport on 11th Sep 2015. My final destination was Winnipeg. But still my ECAS is showing my Indiana address & status as "Decision Made" instead of "Completed". I am worried about this. Have your ECAS status has been changed?
Regards,
Sunil
My status shows as completed. I have just checked almost few days before i got the PR card before that i never checked the status not sure before that status. If you have not given any genuine address, now you try to update CIC with the new address using address notification page of CIC portal. I think you need not worry yaar, they will update the status and send the cards to you. My completed status shows with the information as when i have landed and when i become permanent resident. hopefully it should come for you as well. Your COPR stamped with the landing date and returned a copy toyou right???then no problem yaar you need not worry.

perukulla

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-02-2015
Med's Request
28-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2015
LANDED..........
09-09-2015
Nada82 said:
Hi Everyone , thanks for the info. everything helps !
I need help as I am planning a short visit soon and was wondering if it ok to visit 2 cities since i ll be there...I am landing in Vancouver as my choice and was hoping to visit Calgary as well. OR vice versa if possible .
the second thing is that since I am searching for a job, do you think recruitment agencies do interview anyone before having offers ! to be honest I am really clear on what should be done during the visit and how long should we stay.

also i have read a lot about funds and how we should have money..but I don't c a reason behind that as I already submitted the proof of fund ..and we can always get money from the atm if needed...

thanks
Nada

Brother what i did is i have carried 1000 CAD in cash and 9000 CAD loaded into ICICI travel card with a letter from bank that how much was loaded into the card. I also carried few FD certificates of india and PF statement and any left out balance from indian banks. However nobody asked me to show anything as proof of funds. Just one query at passport control,immigration and costums about how much money i am carrying this is not for the purpose of proof of funds but for money laundering act in which we should not carry more than 10000CAD, if we carry we should declare. It is better to carry all the proofs however not everything to be in CAD, we can always support with out bank statements this money can be liquidated anytime...i guess they should be fine with that.

perukulla

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-02-2015
Med's Request
28-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2015
LANDED..........
09-09-2015
aarti_naidu2000 said:
hello,
Kindly help me with this query. Iam planning to do my landing alone. my spouse and two daughter will land later after they finish their academic year.
my question is should i still show the same proof of funds for my spouse and kids when they are landing. Do they need to fill the goods accompanying list or following or is it that i need to show proof of fund only when i land and not when my family lands later. is the procedure same for family landing later because they are dependants. Hope i get info on these matters so that i can plan well before landing. seniors like qorax might help me. your info is appreciated. ragards
Aarti
Dear friend,
whatever needed to be shown for proof of funds for the entire family to be shown primary applicant landing time itself. Also goods to follow also to be listed and shown pictures now itself so that when the family arrives they will need not pay the tax on them. You have to do all this plan well in advance at your landing time only.

sunil_k_gupta

Aug 11, 2014
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Perukulla,
Thnks for your update. Have you received your PR card? Ys they had returned me the copy of COPR with landing date & signatures.
But status on ECAS is still same.
Regards

perukulla said:
My status shows as completed. I have just checked almost few days before i got the PR card before that i never checked the status not sure before that status. If you have not given any genuine address, now you try to update CIC with the new address using address notification page of CIC portal. I think you need not worry yaar, they will update the status and send the cards to you. My completed status shows with the information as when i have landed and when i become permanent resident. hopefully it should come for you as well. Your COPR stamped with the landing date and returned a copy toyou right???then no problem yaar you need not worry.

paolo1967

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 7 2015
Nomination.....
Jan 19 2015
AOR Received.
June 4 2015
Med's Request
Aug 19 2015
Med's Done....
Sept 10 2015
Passport Req..
April 26 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 23,2016
LANDED..........
July 2 2016
Congratulation perukulla

Singalingali

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone.

Congratulations to those who landed! The police certificate which I used for my application is now expired. Do I need a new police certificate for landing? Do the officers ask for an up-to-date police certificate at the port of entry? Thanks.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Singalingali said:
Hi everyone.

Congratulations to those who landed! The police certificate which I used for my application is now expired. Do I need a new police certificate for landing? Do the officers ask for an up-to-date police certificate at the port of entry? Thanks.
You do not need police certificate for landing.

Singalingali

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kuskus said:
Thanks Kuskus. But I would be grateful if someone who has already landed could clarify this for me. Do they ask for up-to-date police certificates during landing? Any response from someone who has already landed would be appreciated. God bless.

doc2015

Mar 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Photos:10-03-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 20-02-2015
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2016
kuskus said:
Dear you are right.
It is "NOT NEEDED FOR LANDING"
As i live in a resident country,
i will take a fresh copy before leaving.
It doesn't hurt to have one.
But for home country i will not.

Regards
doc2015

doc2015

Mar 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Photos:10-03-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 20-02-2015
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2016
Singalingali said:
Hi everyone.

Dear

The simple answer is NO.
There is no known case at POE, who was asked for PCC.
You can take a fresh one if you are uncomfortable.
I will take one.
It's difficult to get documents once you are far.
There is a checklist on CIC's website.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/after-checklist.asp

Hope it helps
Regards
doc2015