+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY LANDING EXPERIENCE AND OBSERVATIONS

rhossain

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
My permanent residency is approved in Nova Scotia province nomination class.So, my final destination is Halifax. If I landed Toronto Pearson International airport first, then landed Halifax Stanfield International Airport.

In which airport my landing formality will be processed by immigration?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
rhossain said:
My permanent residency is approved in Nova Scotia province nomination class.So, my final destination is Halifax. If I landed Toronto Pearson International airport first, then landed Halifax Stanfield International Airport.

In which airport my landing formality will be processed by immigration?
Toronto.

alimsn

Sep 5, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
Updated Schedule A Request 17/3/2015
Nomination.....
PER 11/12/2014
AOR Received.
2nd Line Update 10-MAR-2015-Started Processing
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
07-07-2015
Med's Done....
12-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-07-2015, submitted 23-7-2015-Riyadh
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2015
LANDED..........
21-09-2015
perukulla said:
My status shows as completed. I have just checked almost few days before i got the PR card before that i never checked the status not sure before that status. If you have not given any genuine address, now you try to update CIC with the new address using address notification page of CIC portal. I think you need not worry yaar, they will update the status and send the cards to you. My completed status shows with the information as when i have landed and when i become permanent resident. hopefully it should come for you as well. Your COPR stamped with the landing date and returned a copy toyou right???then no problem yaar you need not worry.
Hi perukulla, how many days it took for you to receive your PR card?

fawn

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello perukulla,

I'm already finished with my landing. and i asked the officer to send my papers to my consultant. But then he said that what is in the system will be my address. If i want them changed i have to do it online or contact cic.

So what i did is i changed my address in my ecas. Is that the one that i need to change?

ARe they going to deliver my PR card on the address written on my ecas?

pr1711

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO/<b>Colombo</b>
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
<b>Oct 09th 2014</b>
Doc's Request.
May 13th 2015
Nomination.....
<b>(PER):</b> Jan 15th 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 13th 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
<b>SLU:</b> May 01st 2015: Started processing on Apr 28th 2015
Med's Request
May 14th 2015
Med's Done....
May 20th 2015 || <b>Third Line: </b>May 28th 2015 || <b>Decision Made: </b>June 27th 2015
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
[color=#D4A017] <b>July 30th 2015</b>[/color] <b>
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 16th 2015
fawn said:
hello perukulla,

I'm already finished with my landing. and i asked the officer to send my papers to my consultant. But then he said that what is in the system will be my address. If i want them changed i have to do it online or contact cic.

So what i did is i changed my address in my ecas. Is that the one that i need to change?

I don't think so. Upon my landing, IO told me that all the documentation would be done on the address mentioned on the COPR.

wan2no

Jan 20, 2012
one pod related question, I would be on the safe side if I just take a bank statement. Is it possible to take an official statement from bank and show on the borderline.If I take 5000 cash rest in my country's bank account

doc2015

Mar 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Photos:10-03-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 20-02-2015
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2016
fawn said:
hello perukulla,

Dear
YES.
PR cards are sent to the address on ECAS. And you can update the address online.
No worries.
You need to provide an address in Canada to IO on landing or afterwards online (ECAS).
There is no address on the COPR.

TC
Regards
doc2015

fawn

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doc2015 said:
Dear
YES.
PR cards are sent to the address on ECAS. And you can update the address online.
No worries.
You need to provide an address in Canada to IO on landing or afterwards online (ECAS).

TC
Regards
doc2015
thanks you so much doc, i already changed my address in my ecas. and hopefully i will receive the card in 42 days (as it says on cic). Thanks again! =)

pr1711

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO/<b>Colombo</b>
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
<b>Oct 09th 2014</b>
Doc's Request.
May 13th 2015
Nomination.....
<b>(PER):</b> Jan 15th 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 13th 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
<b>SLU:</b> May 01st 2015: Started processing on Apr 28th 2015
Med's Request
May 14th 2015
Med's Done....
May 20th 2015 || <b>Third Line: </b>May 28th 2015 || <b>Decision Made: </b>June 27th 2015
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
[color=#D4A017] <b>July 30th 2015</b>[/color] <b>
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 16th 2015
doc2015 said:
Dear
YES.
No worries.

TC
Regards
doc2015

Dude, the IO asks the address upon landing & mentions it on his/her copy of COPR and thereby treating it as address for further correspondences. I was referring to this address only.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Internet providers in Toronto beyond Rogers and Bell

internet torontoInternet providers in Toronto go beyond Rogers and Bell. As it turns out, there's a wealth of smaller options: A quick search on Canadian ISP reveals that there are no less than 119 internet service providers serving the Toronto area. To get your search off to a good start, I've rounded up some of the most-recommended internet service providers currently providing Toronto with a steady stream of cat videos.

Here are my picks for the top alternative internet service providers in Toronto.

Teksavvy
A favourite of nerds across Ontario, Teksavvy offers a healthy mix of over a dozen cable and DSL plans, backed up by pleasant customer service; you're likely to find a package that fits your usage needs and budget. Heavy users can avail themselves of unlimited 50Mbps (megabits per second) DSL for $84.99 a month. (In case you're nostalgic for those weird boing-ing noises coming out of your modem, they also offer dial-up for $7.99 a month. ...Really.)

Primus
The largest alternative telecom in Canada, Primus offers a variety of wireless services (including phone and VoIP) in addition to a handful of DSL packages. Shoppers beware: available speeds rely heavily on the neighbourhood. For example, while some areas can get up to 50Mbps plans, my Danforth neighbourhood is locked into 7Mbps at $42.95 a month, which doesn't impress terribly.

Contact
Contact is clearly trying to court a young, budget-conscious demo - their website looks like it should be for some kind of women-oriented gym. They promise "the best bang for your buck," with a variety of DSL plans at 6Mbps, 15Mbps and 25Mbps speeds - their biggest plan offers 500GB of bandwidth at 25Mbps for a frankly insane $34.95 a month. The secret to their pricing: They ask folks to pay extra for their ContactCare tech support.

Start
Start offers cable, lower-speed DSL, and higher-speed FTTN connections. (For the uninitiated, FTTN is a DSL connection that offers a shorter connection between your home and the fibre network, in an effort to offer a more reliable signal.) Add $15 a month to cable plans or $10 a month for DSL plans to get unlimited data. (Except for the 150Mbps cable plan, which already gives you 400GB of bandwidth. You can just suck that one up.)

Electronic Box
This Quebecois company just set up shop in Ontario (as evidenced by the site's somewhat-rickety translation). But for some, their services just might be parfait. Their biggest cable plan is a whopping 1,000GB of bandwidth at 30Mbps at a dirt-cheap $29.95 (for the first six months ... after that, it nearly doubles). While their DSL plans tap out at 250GB of monthly bandwidth, they all come with unlimited downloads from 2am to 2pm regardless of tier, meaning you can still binge-download on a budget.

VMedia
This Toronto-based media company makes Android-based TV its bread and butter, offering set-top video boxes that mix TV channels with access to extra Internet-delivered content. They're also an ISP, offering two unlimited cable plans at 30Mbps ($49.95) and 60Mbps ($64.95) download speeds.

Distributel
Operating in Ontario, Quebec, Alberta and B.C., this telecom (which owns several smaller offshoots, including Acanac) lets you take your pick of cable, DSL, and FTTN connections. A selling point: All of their packages - from an entry-level 6Mbps DSL package ($36.95) to 60Mbps cable - offer unlimited downloads.

CIK Telecom
This is basic internet and phone service. Lowest price on the market. Offered by CIK Telecom .
7M Unlimited Internet + Phone service for only $29.99/month. No contract. One time $69.95 modem fee apply. Free hardware rental - There review is not great, so check the reviews online before signing in

Acanac Inc.
They are providing Cable & Fibre Optic Unlimited Internet Plans Ontario. ll of their packages - from an entry-level, 10 Fibre - 6Mbps DSL package ($9.95 - 84.95) to 60Mbps cable - offer unlimited downloads.

Zazeen TV
They are providing Cable & Fibre Optic Internet Plans Ontario. all of their packages - from an entry-level, 6Mbps cable / DSL package ($29.95 - 64.95) to 60Mbps cable - offer up to 200GB downloads.

INNSYS
They are providing Cable & DSL Internet Plans Ontario. all of their packages - from an entry-level, 6Mbps cable / DSL package ($34.95 - 59.95) to 30Mbps cable - offer unlimited downloads.

Worldline
They are providing Cable & DSL Internet Plans . all of their packages - from an entry-level, 6Mbps cable / DSL package ($29.95 - 69.95) to 60Mbps cable - offer unlimited downloads.

Comwave
They are providing Cable & DSL Internet Plans . all of their packages with phone services - from an entry-level, 6Mbps cable / DSL package ($29.95-69.95) to 50Mbps cable - offer unlimited downloads.

KWIC Internet
They are providing WiFi & DSL Internet Plans. all of their packages with phone services - from an entry-level, 6Mbps cable / DSL package ($39.95-59.95) to 15Mbps cable - offer unlimited downloads.

Vintone Internet
They are providing cable Internet Plans. all of their packages with phone / without phone services - from an entry-level, 25Mbps cable package ($39.95-64.95) to 60Mbps cable - offer unlimited downloads.

Execulink Telecom
Cable Internet plans with 5Mbps download speed all the way up to 60Mbps download speed. cable package from $ 24.95 - $ 94.95

Note: since Rogers and Bell own the telecommunications infrastructure, the above companies are all third-party carriers, re-selling Internet services they purchase at a wholesale rate; basically, the big guys are going to get your money one way or another.

Some companies review are not great, so check the reviews online before signing in for any package

Please feel free to add if you know any other service provider in GTA with their speed & price

hope that helps

Best Regards

hmisabpk

djgt

Oct 27, 2014
Dear All,

I have shown interest in Calgary, Alberta under FSW 2014 category is it compulsory to land there as i am planning to settle down in Ontario Toronto instead of Calgary. In my Visa i got IM 1 status. My agent told me that u can land and settle anywhere in Canada as you are not under PNP stream.

How is job market and other conditions over there who are landed there in last couple of months..........

Please guide...........

R/DJGT

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

SAB GUEST HOUSE AND SAWERA PROPERTY MANAGEMENT

Few New Short term rental units added to our listing, Toronto, Scarborough , Mississauga and GTA

Please visit for details:

http://saweraproperty.com/sawera-property-rental-units-short-term-and-long-term-fully-furnished-bed-rooms-units/

http://saweraproperty.com/

http://www.sabguesthouse.com/

https://youtu.be/Ujxi4_bs5fg

Contact us for short term accommodation solution's with affordable rates

:) Thanks for visiting our websites :)

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Here are few links that can help you to prepare Canadian style resume:

http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?faq_id=4001064
http://canadian-resume-service.com/catagories/resume-samples/
http://www.jobbankone.com/resume_writing_canadian.htm
http://www.resumeworld.ca/resume-templates.html
http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/content_pieces-eng.do?cid=204#resume

Other info are on this thread : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thousands-thousands-thousands-jobs-in-toronto-upcoming-job-fairs-t83858.0.html

Hope that helps

hmisabpk