+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY LANDING EXPERIENCE AND OBSERVATIONS

Maya123

Feb 18, 2015
Hi,

Do we need to carry prescription for the medicines which we are carrying with us?
Is there any kind of declaration which needs to be made at the landing Airport related to the medicines being carried like Generic, BP Pills etc?

Thanks
Maya

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Maya123 said:
Hi,

Do we need to carry prescription for the medicines which we are carrying with us?
Is there any kind of declaration which needs to be made at the landing Airport related to the medicines being carried like Generic, BP Pills etc?

Thanks
Maya
By rule yes..
Generic over the counter medicines does not require a prescription.

Mat14

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Hello Bro,,
Thanks for replying.

The baby was born in Canada and has the citizenship already, So this is not the issue. The issue that she is not listed as a dependent in my COPR,,

Is that gonna be an issue??

dasalcedo said:
I'm afraid your baby won't be able to enter Canada unless the baby is from an exempt visa country. Before you do the landing you have to contact the embassy in your country and notify them of the newborn. The baby is not a Canadian resident as none of the parents are Canadian Permanent Residents yet.

mery15

Aug 12, 2015
Hello Guys,

Anyone of you landed and has a Canadian born children,,

My question is, do your Canadian dependents listed in your COPR !!

THanksx

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mery15 said:
Hello Guys,

Anyone of you landed and has a Canadian born children,,

My question is, do your Canadian dependents listed in your COPR !!

THanksx
Hello Mery15,

The children born in Canada are Canadian by birth and they don't need to be listed in anything else.
COPR mean: Confirmation of Permanent Residence but they are Canadian so they don't required any confirmation of residency.

Hope that's helps,

Best regards,

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mat14 said:
Hello Bro,,
Thanks for replying.

The baby was born in Canada and has the citizenship already, So this is not the issue. The issue that she is not listed as a dependent in my COPR,,

Is that gonna be an issue??
Hello Mat14,

The children born in Canada are Canadian by birth and they don't need to be listed in anything else.
COPR mean: Confirmation of Permanent Residence but they are Canadian so they don't required any confirmation of residency.

Hope that's helps,

Best regards,

hmisabpk

Nada82

Jan 7, 2015
Hi Everyone , thanks for the info. everything helps !
I need help as I am planning a short visit soon and was wondering if it ok to visit 2 cities since i ll be there...I am landing in Vancouver as my choice and was hoping to visit Calgary as well. OR vice versa if possible .
the second thing is that since I am searching for a job, do you think recruitment agencies do interview anyone before having offers ! to be honest I am really clear on what should be done during the visit and how long should we stay.

also i have read a lot about funds and how we should have money..but I don't c a reason behind that as I already submitted the proof of fund ..and we can always get money from the atm if needed...

thanks
Nada

Mkbaba

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Hi,
Kindly assist, I will be landing in canada in a few weeks time, my movement will be from Cairo - toronto - winnipeg.
Winnipeg is my destination, my question is where will I do my landing procedure; like stamping my passports, declaring my pof and the rest. Is it at Toronto or winnipeg (my final destination).
Thanks

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mkbaba said:
Hi,
Kindly assist, I will be landing in canada in a few weeks time, my movement will be from Cairo - toronto - winnipeg.
Winnipeg is my destination, my question is where will I do my landing procedure; like stamping my passports, declaring my pof and the rest. Is it at Toronto or winnipeg (my final destination).
Thanks
Toronto.

Sambisa Valley

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Hello Forumites

My flight schedule to my final destination in Canada shows that i will do my landing formalities in Montreal Quebec

I am a PNP heading to Halifax. Will there be any issues doing the landing formalities in Montreal, Quebec.

Please can anyone assist with information

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all

I need please expert feed back .

Iam from visa exemption country and don't have visa on my passport for Canada , however I had recived the
COPR last week .

Do I require ETA to land in in July 2016 or The ETA apply only for visitors and not immigrant .

Appreciate your feed back

Thanks

esttycan14

Nov 14, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014 from PER info
Doc's Request.
All is well
Nomination.....
03/02/2015
AOR Received.
All is well
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
All is well
Med's Request
24/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
Waived by God's grace
Passport Req..
26/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/2016
LANDED..........
01/06/2016
There will be no issues as that is your first point of landing.

Sambisa Valley said:
Hello Forumites

My flight schedule to my final destination in Canada shows that i will do my landing formalities in Montreal Quebec

I am a PNP heading to Halifax. Will there be any issues doing the landing formalities in Montreal, Quebec.

Please can anyone assist with information

esttycan14

Nov 14, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014 from PER info
Doc's Request.
All is well
Nomination.....
03/02/2015
AOR Received.
All is well
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
All is well
Med's Request
24/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
Waived by God's grace
Passport Req..
26/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/2016
LANDED..........
01/06/2016
If you are from USA you do not need an ETA.

Finland said:
Hi all

I need please expert feed back .

Iam from visa exemption country and don't have visa on my passport for Canada , however I had recived the
COPR last week .

Do I require ETA to land in in July 2016 or The ETA apply only for visitors and not immigrant .

Appreciate your feed back

Thanks

aarti_naidu2000

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
visakhapatnam
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10TH SEPT
Doc's Request.
NO REQUEST
Nomination.....
18 DEC
AOR Received.
started processing on feb 21st
IELTS Request
SENT ALONG APPLICATION
File Transfer...
17th december 2014
Med's Request
1st oct-2015
Med's Done....
7th oct-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2nd nov-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06th nov-2015
LANDED..........
Jan21st-2016
hello,
Kindly help me with this query. Iam planning to do my landing alone. my spouse and two daughter will land later after they finish their academic year.
my question is should i still show the same proof of funds for my spouse and kids when they are landing. Do they need to fill the goods accompanying list or following or is it that i need to show proof of fund only when i land and not when my family lands later. is the procedure same for family landing later because they are dependants. Hope i get info on these matters so that i can plan well before landing. seniors like qorax might help me. your info is appreciated. ragards
Aarti

perukulla

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-02-2015
Med's Request
28-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2015
LANDED..........
09-09-2015
My landing experience friends,
First of all i have to thank each and everyone in this forum to keep it as ocean of knowledge and issues resolution with valuable experience from the members.
1st day of landing:
-------------------------
I have landed on 9th september 2015 in ottawa international airport. The landing has been very smooth without any hassles the way people may get scared for lot of things around.
I landed at 3:30PM as per the local time of ottawa. The whole process just took 2 hours in the airport including entry into the passport .
first entry into passport control, they looked at my COPR,VISA and the disembarkation card we will in the airport. Be sure to declare the amount of cash you are bringing this is a must if you are carrying more than 10000 dollars in cash or dd or traveler cheques. They will be friendly dudes if you are fine with respect to all of your documentation no need to be panic. There probably including waiting in the queue we have completed about 15 to 20 minutes.
Then the officer will ask you to collect the luggage and go to immigration section.
In immigration section officer asked me to submit the passports with visas and copr. Give the address in canada in printed form rather than dictating there itself so that there are no errors either end. I did the same and the officer was happy to see our preparedness. folks no need to be panic on address front if you don't have a friend,relative in canada to give. You can give any temporary address like hotel you are going to stay as afterwards you can submit the form to CIC by a fax or submit new address online using the address notifcation portal of CIC. I did the same initially i given my company address where i was joining. After a week i updated with my residence address on CIC portal and by faxing a new form. eitherway is fine.
The process at immigration took little longer may be 3o to 40minutes as the officer was checking something in his system before giving a grant of PR status. I don't know what he checked to grant it but we were panic at this moment why he is taking such a long time but it is natural guys. But anyhow no need to be panic as if our application is inline with all the requirements for PR and we had submitted all the proper documentation,there should not be any issues granting it.
Then the officer called one by one including myself,spouse and spouse again on behalf of children to sign the COPR copies and granted the landing. It was amazing experience folks to see that our dream came true.
Then we marched to customs. Here as you had seen in some earlier forum topics as well. we need to keep 2 sets of goods accompanying and goods to carry with photos of jewellery and items you will be bringing later. The officer will check them,enter into system and give a copy to us for future records so that we can bring the goods to follow alter without incurring any taxes. The officer didn't ask us good accompanying list and photos at all but it is better to keep it as some officers may and some may not. luckily she didn't open our bags also to see what we are carrying. But some other person the different customs officer asked to show the items not sure what he had why he has asked to open and show. Thats why be cautious on what you are bringing into canda. I think canda border or customs agency will give you more data on what data to be bring in or not.
Next we marched out of the airport with copr stamped. then got into a taxi van as we had 12 bags of luggage to hotel. we landed into hotel about 45 minutes. So from the moment we got out of the plane to by the time got into hotels it took about 3.5 hours.
relaxed in the hotel that day night with a sound sleep as it is indeed a tough jouney.
2nd day of landing:
-----------------------
1. Went to near by service canda office (as service canda was not present in ottawa airport). we applied for SINs for all 4 of us myself,souse and children as well. It just took half-an hour to get them.
2. moved into TD canda trust bank just nearby and opened TD chequing account without any hassles and also was able to apply for credit card. What they needed was COPR,passports. It was good to see this as without any candian credit hostory getting credit card or even bank account was tough. But i guess nowadays canda has opened up very well ti support new immigrants.
3. Went into near by walmart store and took SIMs for mobiles bringing action in canada. As you know in a unknown place and country and that technology oriented country which largely resides on mobile internet for maps and google maps to search anything to move around. As not like india we can talk to anyone and get a help finding anything,so i can't tell more than this what is the importance of a mobile connection with internet facility. I was able to get the sims activated with connectivity just next day of landing. I was on completly to search anything be on my own.
Good thing about canada is we have very good transport facility not like usa. I was able to all these activities just travelling in a bus only so such a great connectivity.
3rd,4th,5hday of landing:
1. searched for houses near by locality with a indian community for better support and homeliness. i was able to get the house in 2days only. As i had the TD bank account, it was easy for me to get the land tenancy agreements done without any issue as they need some debit account as well. Usually many leasing companies won't accept the cash. So first important thing is to open a bank account and deposit cask into to use for any purpose. This is very important. canada they will take some time like 2 to 3 days for credit history clearance, security clearance from police dept which should not be an issue as we are new immigrants. So by 5th day i had my house ready and moved in.
Folks it is a pretty big story hope i didn't bored off anyone. Following things sailent points you can follow to keep yourself safe and be prepared to take up anything there.
1. Keep all your travel documents intact passports, coprs, children birth certificates,your professional certificates,degree certificates,ielts score copies,education credential assessment records. The bank statements of india, any other savings you have lie FDs,PFs which can be liquidated easily. These can be needed if the officer asks to show proof of funds. But in my case officer never asked any of the things.
2. keep 2 copies of documents of goods accompanying and following. with photographs of jewellery if at all.
3. No need to be panic on carrying settlement funds to canda. for you liquid funds you keep something like 1000 dollars in notes and rest in travel card. I was ICICI bank account holder, so i was able to take a travel card loaded in CAD. So it is like debit card and credit card as well, it was very convenient for me use. So other banks also have similar things better try that only. No need to go to any forex folks for these cards.
4. Children immunization records are very important without which school admissions can't be given.
I hope this post is useful for you folks.