+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY LANDING EXPERIENCE AND OBSERVATIONS

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
tun001757 said:
Hi Senior,

I am FSW 2014 applicant and already got PPR from VO. I would like to know the rule for those who landed Canada for a short visit to get PR card and go back to their country. I would like to know how long can we stay in other country after the first landing and got the PR card?

6 months? 1 year?

Please advise.
Theoretically, you can leave Canada the next day, and your relative/friend will mail it to you in your country. However, it is much better if you stay until you get your PR Card in your hands. The average time to get the cards can be found here (it keeps changing depending on the workload on CIC): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Second line updated : Oct,14
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
june,2015(third line update 18 june,15)
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
Dhaka2014 said:
Hi Friends..
Let me share my experience with you as it might help the friends who haven't landed yet.

LANDING: DAY 1

Actually we have decided to do a 'short landing' in Toronto and then permanent move location will be decided based on job hunting progress by end of 2015 Inshallah.

We landed in Toronto (YYZ) terminal 1. The whole process at Toronto airport took almost 90mins (from aircraft door to airport exit gate). The word 'Welcome to Canada' was heard more than 15 times in between Smiley

1st step: Passport Control counters, there was a short queue in the visitors queue (BTW, we should go to visitors queue not residents queue, because at this point, we are not residents yet), it took around 10 mins max. Officer asked for the purpose of our visit (which is immigration), took our passports, stamped on the immigration visa and customs declaration, asked how much fund we are carrying (we declared over 10K CAD), then asked to go to new immigrants office just on the right side of passport control counters.

2nd Step: New Immigrants Counters: The officer took our passports, COPR, asked few questions (like do we have any other dependents, how much fund we are bringing for settlement [he didn't ask to show it], etc). And asked for our Canadian address (I recommend that you print the address in a paper and give it to them instead of dictating it). Then asked us to sit in the lobby until he finishes his work). This took around 20mins.

Note: The COPR had one photo attached and stamped from visa office and another photo clipped, I added another recent photo to the clipped one, the officer asked which photo is more recent, so I showed it to him, he returned all the other photos. So, it is acceptable that you clip a new photo other than the COPR photo....

3rd Step: Newcomers Welcome counter; They gave us some brochures and papers titled Welcome to Canada, health insurance forms, and some child tax return docs and some other papers.

4th Step: SIN numbers (ServiceCanada Counter, Terminal 1 at YYZ): We landed during working hours. Around 1:30pm on Monday. Officer asked questions like fathers name, mothers name, correct spelling, etc.. Then printed SIN numbers on A4 paper. There are no longer SIN cards. This process took around 15mins.
Note: If you land outside working hours, SIN counters at the airport will be closed, you will get your SIN number from any ServiceCanada office. It takes 5-10mins max.

5th Step: Baggage Carousal: Our bags were already in the carousal, we just collected them.

6th Step: Customs, as we entered the customs queue, the officer noted that we filled YES in 'Are you carrying funds over 10K CAD' so immediately she directed us to customs office next door, we entered there, the officer took the good to follow list (I prepared B4+B4A+Picture of all gold that we will bring later). The officer was really happy to see our organized preparation, stamped all the 3 pages (B4+B4A+Gold pic) and asked me to wait a bit. He entered the total value in his system and gave me an official printed form for tax-free import. This process took another 15mins.

This was the last step in the airport. Then we headed out of the terminal to rental car offices, I have booked a car earlier, so we picked that car and headed to a furnished apartment in Mississauga (booked earlier from booking.com).

Another step we did on the same day, is we opened a bank account in TD Trust Canada (booked an appointment earlier by online chat with TD Bank). The brunch was in the next building of our apartment and open until 8pm. So we opened 2 separate accounts (for myself and my wife), got debit card instantly. Applied for credit card, usually it takes 7-10 days delivered to your mailing address, but I requested a rush delivery to the same branch, I got up the cards from the branch exactly after 4 days.

MY RECOMMENDATIONS

I recommend that you prepare the following ahead of time, they will be very happy if you do your homework, as it will make their life much easier. Many officers were very happy and said 'You guys are very organized and prepared everything.. Thank you'.

1) Canadian address printed in a small paper
2) Print form B4 and B4A. Write the total value in the last row. ONLY FOR THE GOODS TO FOLLOW.
3) If you are bringing gold or other jewelry later, print a colored picture of that. ONLY THE GOLD YOU WILL BRING LATER.

For the accompanying goods and gold, the officer said we don't need it. But if you want to make a list, make sure that you make a separate list and don't combine it with good to follow list.

That was DAY 1.

Please let me know if you have any question. I will be glad to help.
+1 for sharing this info

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If required property services in GTA
Please check the link below

http://saweraproperty.com/

regards

daywalker547

Jul 9, 2015
Hi all,

I will like to share my landing experience with everyone:

- I drove from Edmonton to the Coutts US/Canada border on 6th July, 2015. Once you get to the border you will see the US traffic / vehicle check post. Follow signs and get in the queue. Drive to the US officer at the check post and tell him/her that you are here for flag poling so you can land as a permanent resident of Canada. The officer will take your passport and tell you to pullover on the side parking lot. Another officer will appear as soon as you are parked (he/she has your passport). The officer will take you inside the building and tell you to wait in the waiting area. Just relax in the waiting area and in few minutes another officer will come and ask you some questions (very basic questions like about your employment /employer /family /stay in canada etc). Then US officer will print a denied entry to US letter and hand it over to you with your passport. Then the officer will ask you to follow him/her to the Canada side which was right there. You follow the officer and get in the vehicle queue on the canada side (the officer will direct you towards the canada side and will leave then). Wait for your turn and when you get to the canadian officer at the check post, give the officer your passport and tell them that you were here for flag poling. The officer will tell you park on the side parking lot. Do that, and walk in to the canadian office and go the immigration counter and the nice immigration officers will take care of the rest. Dont forget to bring all the required documents when you go for landing. The whole process took me 2 hours (including waiting in the vehicle queue time).

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
daywalker547 said:
Hi all,
I will like to share my landing experience with everyone:
- I drove from Edmonton to the Coutts US/Canada border on 6th July, 2015. ............. The whole process took me 2 hours (including waiting in the vehicle queue time).
Hi,
Welcome to Canada and Thank you for sharing your Landing experience

hmisabpk

Sameer khanz

Star Member
Dec 21, 2013
rizwan150 said:
Dear All,

Me and family landed on May 26, 2015 at Calgary International Airport. I would summarise my landing experience.

Overall it was very smooth, i went for a short landing with my family, when we went off from plane, in first hall, entry stamps were put on our passports then we were instructed to the immigration hall. We went over there and it was a bit crowded, we were waiting in line then one officer came from back and took us to his room and sat with us and asked us to show our documents to him for landing purpose. He stamped COPR papers and asked us to sign our copy in front of him, he noted our address in Calgary to post our PR cards. He further instructed to keep stamped COPR papers in a safe custody as these will be required through out our stay in Canada.

Before leaving his room, he once again welcomed us in Canada.

Then we went to collect our luggage and moved on to CBSA staff to submit our Goods to Follow List. I had two sets ready with me and presented the same to the officer and she smiled and said that this will reduce my work as if i don't have two copies then she had to make a copy of all the lists for me after filling. Afterwards, she stamped all lists and kept one copy with her and returned one set to us to keep with us and present this when i move these items later on.

In plane, we were given Declaration Cards, which was to be filled for a family so that card was first signed by immigration officer and then CBSA lady kept that paper and asked us about the POF which i have already mentioned that i am carrying CAD 10,000 + amount in cash with me, she didn't ask me to show the cash neither she wrote the figure i was carrying with me, i was carrying mixture of USD and CAD with me.

While leaving her counter, she once again smilingly said, Welcome to Canada.

Next Day of my landing, i went to service canada to apply for SIN cards, which i got by showing Passports and COPR papers. Then i went to registry to apply for health cards. There is one registry in Calgary from where you can get the Health Card numbers at the spot, i took the address of that registry from the registry office i went and visited that particular office and applied for health cards for me and and my wife. The lady gave us the health card numbers in 5 minutes time. The same day i went to scotia bank and opened joint account and applied for the credit cards, me and my wife were given credit cards of 2000 CAD limit each. We got the debit cards at the spot. Then we submitted our cash after account opening.

Same day afternoon, i booked an appointment in a clinic for the next day and met family doctor for a meet and greet visit. I just wanted to make sure that our health cards are working and we are into the health care system. We went to the doctor and she advised blood tests. We booked appointment in a laboratory for the tests as family doctor needed to make a bench mark for her records. All was free of cost. I came to know that if we are prescribed with any medicine, only then we need to pay from our pockets.

So these were a few of landing activities which i did, now after 12 days of stay in Canada (4 days in Calgary, 4 days in Edmonton, 4 days in Toronto), i came back to Saudi Arabia yesterday night and will be planning for the permanent landing in months to come.
Hi Bro,

Thanks for sharing your landing experience, it will help people like me and several others who are new to canada.

Stay Blessed

Sameer

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
Hello ,

What documents are needed to demonstrate during initial landing in Canada?

I have prepared following documents if missing anything important plz. help me out .

1. Valid passport with visas for all accompanying
2.COPR for all with photographs attached on it
3. B4 form (what does B4A form mean?)
4. Proof of funds
5.Name of address where we plan to stay

Regards

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Subash said:
Hello ,

What documents are needed to demonstrate during initial landing in Canada?

I have prepared following documents if missing anything important plz. help me out .

1. Valid passport with visas for all accompanying
2.COPR for all with photographs attached on it
3. B4 form (what does B4A form mean?)
4. Proof of funds
5.Name of address where we plan to stay

Regards

Hello Subash

I believe you have all the required documents
Good luck for landing

Best regards,

hmisabpk

redstone

Apr 6, 2013
rizwan150 said:
Dear All,

Me and family landed on May 26, 2015 at Calgary International Airport. I would summarise my landing experience.

Overall it was very smooth, i went for a short landing with my family, when we went off from plane, in first hall, entry stamps were put on our passports then we were instructed to the immigration hall. We went over there and it was a bit crowded, we were waiting in line then one officer came from back and took us to his room and sat with us and asked us to show our documents to him for landing purpose. He stamped COPR papers and asked us to sign our copy in front of him, he noted our address in Calgary to post our PR cards. He further instructed to keep stamped COPR papers in a safe custody as these will be required through out our stay in Canada.

Before leaving his room, he once again welcomed us in Canada.

Then we went to collect our luggage and moved on to CBSA staff to submit our Goods to Follow List. I had two sets ready with me and presented the same to the officer and she smiled and said that this will reduce my work as if i don't have two copies then she had to make a copy of all the lists for me after filling. Afterwards, she stamped all lists and kept one copy with her and returned one set to us to keep with us and present this when i move these items later on.

In plane, we were given Declaration Cards, which was to be filled for a family so that card was first signed by immigration officer and then CBSA lady kept that paper and asked us about the POF which i have already mentioned that i am carrying CAD 10,000 + amount in cash with me, she didn't ask me to show the cash neither she wrote the figure i was carrying with me, i was carrying mixture of USD and CAD with me.

While leaving her counter, she once again smilingly said, Welcome to Canada.

Next Day of my landing, i went to service canada to apply for SIN cards, which i got by showing Passports and COPR papers. Then i went to registry to apply for health cards. There is one registry in Calgary from where you can get the Health Card numbers at the spot, i took the address of that registry from the registry office i went and visited that particular office and applied for health cards for me and and my wife. The lady gave us the health card numbers in 5 minutes time. The same day i went to scotia bank and opened joint account and applied for the credit cards, me and my wife were given credit cards of 2000 CAD limit each. We got the debit cards at the spot. Then we submitted our cash after account opening.

Same day afternoon, i booked an appointment in a clinic for the next day and met family doctor for a meet and greet visit. I just wanted to make sure that our health cards are working and we are into the health care system. We went to the doctor and she advised blood tests. We booked appointment in a laboratory for the tests as family doctor needed to make a bench mark for her records. All was free of cost. I came to know that if we are prescribed with any medicine, only then we need to pay from our pockets.

So these were a few of landing activities which i did, now after 12 days of stay in Canada (4 days in Calgary, 4 days in Edmonton, 4 days in Toronto), i came back to Saudi Arabia yesterday night and will be planning for the permanent landing in months to come.
HI Rizwan,, plz advise how long it took from aircraft to check out with baggage. We have to catch a doemstic flight from calgary to saskatoon, so depending on wait time at arport , we will book ticket from calagary to saskatoon. Thanks

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
redstone said:
HI Rizwan,, plz advise how long it took from aircraft to check out with baggage. We have to catch a doemstic flight from calgary to saskatoon, so depending on wait time at arport , we will book ticket from calagary to saskatoon. Thanks
Dear it varies from time to time, but for us, it took about 45 minutes to get out of airport. So, you may keep a margin of about minimum 3 hours for your next flight as you must always keep safety margin in such instances.

Mat14

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Hello Guys,

Please help me with this.

I'm landing next week hopefully. The thing that I got new baby here in Canada last two weeks.

My question, is it gonna be issue to land and I have baby not in the COPR dependents section or they understand she was born recently and they can add it to the COPR during the landing process..

Do you think I need to contact again the VO,, I'm assuming the baby is Canadian born and no process for her to be done,,, am I correct

Pls share with me what you know cus I'm gonna land next week,,

THanks

dasalcedo

Star Member
May 21, 2010
Adelaide - Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2009
Doc's Request.
27-01-2010
AOR Received.
10-05-2010
IELTS Request
10-04-2010
File Transfer...
28-01-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
04-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting....
Mat14 said:
Hello Guys,

I'm landing next week hopefully. The thing that I got new baby here in Canada last two weeks.

My question, is it gonna be issue to land and I have baby not in the COPR dependents section or they understand she was born recently and they can add it to the COPR during the landing process..

Do you think I need to contact again the VO,, I'm assuming the baby is Canadian born and no process for her to be done,,, am I correct

THanks
I'm afraid your baby won't be able to enter Canada unless the baby is from an exempt visa country. Before you do the landing you have to contact the embassy in your country and notify them of the newborn. The baby is not a Canadian resident as none of the parents are Canadian Permanent Residents yet.

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Mat14 said:
Hello Guys,

THanks
If the baby is born on CANADIAN SOIL then yes, she is 100% CANADIAN!! and absolutely NOTHING needs to be done. She is free to enter and exit Canada as she wishes. However, you may want to carry her birth certificate with you for proof.

pr1711

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO/<b>Colombo</b>
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
<b>Oct 09th 2014</b>
Doc's Request.
May 13th 2015
Nomination.....
<b>(PER):</b> Jan 15th 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 13th 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
<b>SLU:</b> May 01st 2015: Started processing on Apr 28th 2015
Med's Request
May 14th 2015
Med's Done....
May 20th 2015 || <b>Third Line: </b>May 28th 2015 || <b>Decision Made: </b>June 27th 2015
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
[color=#D4A017] <b>July 30th 2015</b>[/color] <b>
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 16th 2015
Dhaka2014 said:
Hi Friends..
Let me share my experience with you as it might help the friends who haven't landed yet.

LANDING: DAY 1

Actually we have decided to do a 'short landing' in Toronto and then permanent move location will be decided based on job hunting progress by end of 2015 Inshallah.

We landed in Toronto (YYZ) terminal 1. The whole process at Toronto airport took almost 90mins (from aircraft door to airport exit gate). The word 'Welcome to Canada' was heard more than 15 times in between Smiley

1st step: Passport Control counters, there was a short queue in the visitors queue (BTW, we should go to visitors queue not residents queue, because at this point, we are not residents yet), it took around 10 mins max. Officer asked for the purpose of our visit (which is immigration), took our passports, stamped on the immigration visa and customs declaration, asked how much fund we are carrying (we declared over 10K CAD), then asked to go to new immigrants office just on the right side of passport control counters.

2nd Step: New Immigrants Counters: The officer took our passports, COPR, asked few questions (like do we have any other dependents, how much fund we are bringing for settlement [he didn't ask to show it], etc). And asked for our Canadian address (I recommend that you print the address in a paper and give it to them instead of dictating it). Then asked us to sit in the lobby until he finishes his work). This took around 20mins.

Note: The COPR had one photo attached and stamped from visa office and another photo clipped, I added another recent photo to the clipped one, the officer asked which photo is more recent, so I showed it to him, he returned all the other photos. So, it is acceptable that you clip a new photo other than the COPR photo....

3rd Step: Newcomers Welcome counter; They gave us some brochures and papers titled Welcome to Canada, health insurance forms, and some child tax return docs and some other papers.

4th Step: SIN numbers (ServiceCanada Counter, Terminal 1 at YYZ): We landed during working hours. Around 1:30pm on Monday. Officer asked questions like fathers name, mothers name, correct spelling, etc.. Then printed SIN numbers on A4 paper. There are no longer SIN cards. This process took around 15mins.
Note: If you land outside working hours, SIN counters at the airport will be closed, you will get your SIN number from any ServiceCanada office. It takes 5-10mins max.

5th Step: Baggage Carousal: Our bags were already in the carousal, we just collected them.

6th Step: Customs, as we entered the customs queue, the officer noted that we filled YES in 'Are you carrying funds over 10K CAD' so immediately she directed us to customs office next door, we entered there, the officer took the good to follow list (I prepared B4+B4A+Picture of all gold that we will bring later). The officer was really happy to see our organized preparation, stamped all the 3 pages (B4+B4A+Gold pic) and asked me to wait a bit. He entered the total value in his system and gave me an official printed form for tax-free import. This process took another 15mins.

This was the last step in the airport. Then we headed out of the terminal to rental car offices, I have booked a car earlier, so we picked that car and headed to a furnished apartment in Mississauga (booked earlier from booking.com).

Another step we did on the same day, is we opened a bank account in TD Trust Canada (booked an appointment earlier by online chat with TD Bank). The brunch was in the next building of our apartment and open until 8pm. So we opened 2 separate accounts (for myself and my wife), got debit card instantly. Applied for credit card, usually it takes 7-10 days delivered to your mailing address, but I requested a rush delivery to the same branch, I got up the cards from the branch exactly after 4 days.

MY RECOMMENDATIONS

I recommend that you prepare the following ahead of time, they will be very happy if you do your homework, as it will make their life much easier. Many officers were very happy and said 'You guys are very organized and prepared everything.. Thank you'.

1) Canadian address printed in a small paper
2) Print form B4 and B4A. Write the total value in the last row. ONLY FOR THE GOODS TO FOLLOW.
3) If you are bringing gold or other jewelry later, print a colored picture of that. ONLY THE GOLD YOU WILL BRING LATER.

For the accompanying goods and gold, the officer said we don't need it. But if you want to make a list, make sure that you make a separate list and don't combine it with good to follow list.

That was DAY 1.

Please let me know if you have any question. I will be glad to help.
Very informative post buddy...... :)