Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
Doc's Request.
12-05-15 (updated schedule-A for spouse)
Nomination.....
27-11-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
ECAS updated: 24-01-2015, processing started: 21-01-2015
Med's Request
06-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2015, Medicals Received: 17-02-2015
Interview........
NA (FBI Report reached NDVO: 30-03-2015)
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
Did anyone get the address changed online after the short landing? There are two addresses, one is home address and another one is mailing address.

Also, have you received the PR card on the changed address after the short landing.

I did a short landing last week, a bit worried about the address. I submitted the request the address online it just changed my home address and not the mailing address.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

TWO BEDROOM APARTMENT - SHORT TERM OR LONG TERM - FULLY FURNISHED OR UNFURNISHED

WALK TO KENNEDY SUBWAY AND KENNEDY GO STATION - UNFURNISHED - ONE PARKING, HYDRO, HEATING, WATER INCLUDED IN RENT.
FURNISHED OPTION AVAILABLE (+ $ 300 ALL INCLUSIVE)
RENT REDUCE TO $ 1390/ MONTH AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY (UNFURNISHED)
RENT FOR FURNISHED $ 1690 / MONTH

FIRST AND LAST MONTH RENT, REFERENCE, EMPLOYMENT LETTER & CREDIT CHECK REQUIRED
FOR NEW IMMIGRANTS OR SHORT TERM NO REQUIREMENTS

Walking distance to Dalorama, Pizza Pizza, Tim Hotans, Doctor office, Grocery Store, bank, restaurant etc...

PLEASE CONTACT FOR DETAILS AT 647-703-5988 or furnishedsuite2@gmail.com OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE
http://saweraproperty.com/

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
hmisabpk said:
FOR NEW IMMIGRANTS OR SHORT TERM NO REQUIREMENTS
+1
Nice, glad to see that some people are ready to give newcomers a break when it comes to providing "proof of employment, references, credit check" for someone who might have just landed yesterday in the country :)

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emamabd said:
+1
Nice, glad to see that some people are ready to give newcomers a break when it comes to providing "proof of employment, references, credit check" for someone who might have just landed yesterday in the country :)
Thank You Sir,

That is correct, :)

SHORT TERM OR LONG TERM FURNISHED BED ROOMS, APARTMENTS AND HOUSES IN GTA. NO FIRST AND LAST MONTH RENT, NO REFERENCE, NO EMPLOYMENT LETTER & NO CREDIT CHECK REQUIRED. FOR NEW IMMIGRANTS OR SHORT TERM TENANT, VISITOR, STUDENTS, PROFESSIONALS, WORK VISA, RETURNING PR OR CANADIANS, SINGLE AND FAMILIES ARE WELCOME

FREE SETTLEMENT CONSULTATION WILL BE PROVIDED.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT FOR DETAILS AT 647-703-5988 or furnishedsuite2@gmail.com OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE
http://saweraproperty.com/ RENTAL PAGE FOR DETAILS

http://saweraproperty.com/sawera-property-rental-units-short-term-and-long-term-fully-furnished-bed-rooms-units/

baluyot0910

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Nomination.....
08-01-2015
Med's Request
31-07-2015
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-09-2015, VOH 3-10-2015
hello mates! :D

Is 3 hours enough to do the landing procedure in toronto as my port of entry (POE)??

thanks in advance.. ;D

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
baluyot0910 said:
hello mates! :D

Is 3 hours enough to do the landing procedure in toronto as my port of entry (POE)??

thanks in advance.. ;D
Hello,

The 3 hours are more then enough to complete the landing procedure.

Best regards,

hmisabpk

June 03

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO to CVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
23-05-2015
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Is there anyone here who has got his/her own field job in canada?

I am trying for almost a month but having a hard time. I am from Marketing background

Any help is appreciated

Thank You.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
June 03 said:

I am trying for almost a month but having a hard time. I am from Marketing background

Any help is appreciated

Thank You.
A month is a short time, but if you are getting some interview calls it means you're on the right track. Landing in a professional job can take up to a year...but even then, only when you work hard and put enough efforts in networking, brushing your interview skills..etc.

While you're job searching try to join bridging programs for your field of expertise, it would give you a chance to interact with other like-minded professionals and exchange ideas.

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
June 03 said:

Any help is appreciated

Thank You.
Dear June 03

Your noc is 0111 and you're saying you are from marketing background!

Anyways, marketing in north America is much different than that in South Asia. You need bridging education/training to qualify for jobs there.

If I were you, I would focus on finding a suitable diploma and meanwhile try to volunteer in related fields to gain experience.

All the best

Desertfox

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
desertfox said:
Dear June 03

Your noc is 0111 and you're saying you are from marketing background!

Anyways, marketing in north America is much different than that in South Asia. You need bridging education/training to qualify for jobs there.

If I were you, I would focus on finding a suitable diploma and meanwhile try to volunteer in related fields to gain experience.

All the best

Desertfox
Hi,

I am in Sales/Marketing/Business Development. What kind of bridging programs do you recommend to improve your chances on landing a good enough job.

SSMC

Nov 26, 2014
Is there anyone could share their landing experience?

I planned to land in Feb 16 and would return to Hong Kong a few weeks later. There is a few questions, hopefully, someone could give me insights on that:

1. PR card
- could the PR card be sent to Hong Kong? or have to collect in person in CA? since, I just wonder, for the arrivals, we don't really have a permanent address yet.

2. health card
- how long does it take to arrange the health card those sort of things

3. personal tax issue
- As CA is worldwide tax, if I land in CA shortly and return to HK, am I subject to CA personal tax? or only subject to CA personal tax after completing 730days of stay in 4 years time?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I can only answer the first 2 questions.

SSMC said:
Is there anyone could share their landing experience?

I planned to land in Feb 16 and would return to Hong Kong a few weeks later. There is a few questions, hopefully, someone could give me insights on that:

1. PR card
- could the PR card be sent to Hong Kong? or have to collect in person in CA? since, I just wonder, for the arrivals, we don't really have a permanent address yet.

No. PR cards will not be mailed outside of Canada by CIC. However, you can give them an address of a friend/relative that lives in Canada and they can mail it to you.

2. health card
- how long does it take to arrange the health card those sort of things
Depends on the province. For instance, Alberta has no waiting period and you will get your health card almost the very same day you land (or the next day) but Ontario has a waiting period of 3 months. In the latter case, it is wise to purchase private insurance that would cover you while you are waiting for OHIP.

A bonus here - You can apply SIN right away (at the airport itself) after you land.

3. personal tax issue
- As CA is worldwide tax, if I land in CA shortly and return to HK, am I subject to CA personal tax? or only subject to CA personal tax after completing 730days of stay in 4 years time?

No clue. Someone else would be able to answer this!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

immig_IT_guy

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
16-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not Sure
Med's Request
23-12-2014
Med's Done....
03-01-2015, FBI PCC submitted on 03-04-2015
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-12-2015
Hi All,
Here goes my landing experience..
We just recently moved to USA 2 months back before we got our Canadian PR and we had to do our landing before Jan (Expiry date for our Immigrant visa). We selected Vancouver as our Port of entry as it is a short flight from our place SFO (roughly 2.5 hours) and very easy for us to come back on the same day.
Journey#
We were at the airport roughly at 6AM 2 hours prior to our departure and had to wait for 1 hour to get to the airline official. She was unbelievable slow, she took her time another 30 min to start looking at our papers and decided we cannot board as we are late for the flight. We talked with another lady and were able to board next flight which is 4 hours later. Other than our experience at the airline counter, we had a smooth flight experience.
The airline attendant gave us a form to fill out before we land at YYR. I filled the form in the plane.
Landing#
When we landed, we saw 2 lines, 1 for Americans/Canadians/Canadian PR and other for visitors. We were asked to go to the Visitor counter and were greeted with a nice looking Canadian lady. She asked us few questions just basic stuff... How much are you carrying? Any issues with Law? etc
Once after this, there were symbols to go to a big room for New immigrants/students/visitors. We were told to follow the line and were greeted by another lady officer, she gave us pamphlets, brouchers about Canada and asked us to sit to wait for our turn. There were 20-25 people waiting before us(Most of them students), When our turn came, we were greeted by another Canadian officer, she was very polite and welcoming... she entered our address in the system and asked us to wait for 5-10min. Once we did, she again welcomed us to Canada.
When we were out of the Airport, which we did for only 1 hour as we had our return flight in a short while, it felt amazing.... It was like your second home... An amazing feeling I guess only people who landed can explain...
We took our return flight in the night to SFO, The american immigration officer greeted us on our return at YVR, and asked us few basic questions and let us in.
Overall our experience was short and sweet, I would like to thank all the seniors and all the people who helped us to get to this amazing journey.

Thanks

madhusanthosh

Star Member
Aug 14, 2015
I have a doubt with B4 and B4A forms. Our main/hand baggage are already checked by the airport officials. So, is it still necessary to list out the items we carry in the baggage? Also, I am travelling on Mar 4th and my wife and kid are coming on Apr 4th. We haven't planned yet on what my wife will be bringing. I have a plan to study things in Canada in that 1 month and then advice her to bring things based on my understanding of the Canada market. In that case, how can I fill the B4A form? Please advice.