+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My hearing is next Wednesday, the minister will attend for credibility

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Hi I had a short hearing notice for Wednesday 22, 2023 but I have received a bunch of documents from the minister and he is questioning me regarding the credibility of my story.
1.I forgot to mention in my application that I was refused a us student visa back in 2015 and used fraudulent Bank statements, here I was helped by a travel agency and I completely ignore any fraudulent documents.
2. I mention on Facebook that I visited Angola , Portugal and Brazil during 2016, 2017 and 2018. although it’s not true and I have never visited those countries it’s just Facebook
3. I mention on LinkedIn that I speak Portuguese , I don’t know how but the truth is I don’t know anything about Portuguese.
4. A Facebook comment mentions that I was interested in a training to become accountant 2 weeks after I escaped from the kidnapping, and it’s clear because I didn’t have the intention to go out of the country and wanted to continue my life and later it was difficult due to multiple threats.
I need some advice from people who have dealt with such situations.

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
Hi I had a short hearing notice for Wednesday 22, 2023 but I have received a bunch of documents from the minister and he is questioning me regarding the credibility of my story.
1.I forgot to mention in my application that I was refused a us student visa back in 2015 and used fraudulent Bank statements, here I was helped by a travel agency and I completely ignore any fraudulent documents.
2. I mention on Facebook that I visited Angola , Portugal and Brazil during 2016, 2017 and 2018. although it’s not true and I have never visited those countries it’s just Facebook
3. I mention on LinkedIn that I speak Portuguese , I don’t know how but the truth is I don’t know anything about Portuguese.
4. A Facebook comment mentions that I was interested in a training to become accountant 2 weeks after I escaped from the kidnapping, and it’s clear because I didn’t have the intention to go out of the country and wanted to continue my life and later it was difficult due to multiple threats.
I need some advice from people who have dealt with such situations.
Hm, did they check your Facebook and LinkedIn? If yes, those guys are pretty sharp, I am sure they will ask you right questions and if you lie, your chances are pretty slim. I think you should get lawyer asap, and just be honest what happened to you
And when trauma/ or traumatic events happened to people, they are doing bunch of unpredictable movements

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Hm, did they check your Facebook and LinkedIn? If yes, those guys are pretty sharp, I am sure they will ask you right questions and if you lie, your chances are pretty slim. I think you should get lawyer asap, and just be honest what happened to you
And when trauma/ or traumatic events happened to people, they are doing bunch of unpredictable movements
Yes they checked my Facebook and Linkedln and I’m not scared of the accusations based on Facebook because I have the right evidences to meet those accusations. My only fear is the fact I forgot to mention the US visa refusal back in 2015. In fact the US consulate has never mentioned any refusal they only told me my application is under administrative process and will get back to me but they have never reached out to me. That’s why I completely forgot to mention it in my application.

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
Yes they checked my Facebook and Linkedln and I’m not scared of the accusations based on Facebook because I have the right evidences to meet those accusations. My only fear is the fact I forgot to mention the US visa refusal back in 2015. In fact the US consulate has never mentioned any refusal they only told me my application is under administrative process and will get back to me but they have never reached out to me. That’s why I completely forgot to mention it in my application.
You have short hearing, I have never seen refusals for that types of applications, it’s encouraging
For refusal I do not know, did you have representative to help you to apply? Would be it their mistake ?

Reactions: sun_sea_fun

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
You have short hearing, I have never seen refusals for that types of applications, it’s encouraging
For refusal I do not know, did you have representative to help you to apply? Would be it their mistake ?
There was no mistake in my file except the fact I forgot to mention the US visa refusal back in 2015. Apart from that accusation there is nothing I’m scared of because some accusations based on my Facebook I can reply to them the right way.

the ministet’a delegate mention that I used fraudulent bank statement to get the visa in 2015 that’s why the US consulate denied the visa that’s a new information because when I went to ask visa last year in the application form I mentioned that my usa visa application was denied in 2015 and there was no reason given to me and the minister was given a copy of both usa visa application form.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agree that you need a lawyer. There is a chance you may now need a full hearing. The big issue is that your series of lies on various applications and social media leads to concerns about whether you are lying in your current asylum application.

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
GET A VERY GOOD LAWYER, multiple not important small lies could result in credibility issues in your real asylum case, minister appearance is a serious matter.

Reactions: canuck78

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Agree that you need a lawyer. There is a chance you may now need a full hearing. The big issue is that your series of lies on various applications and social media leads to concerns about whether you are lying in your current asylum application.
I am looking for a lawyer , it’s obvious but there is no lies in any of my applications. And information on social medias are never to be taken as a way to judge someone’s integrity or credibility it’s clear we post anything pleases us but don’t worry I know how to answer to what the minister’s delegate qualifies as lies based on my social networks. (God will help)

Regarding the usa application in 2015, the usa home security office sent a copy of my recent visa application In 2022 and to the question of knowing if I have already been denied a usa visa and state the reason , I clearly answered yes and also mentioned in the same visa application that the reason of my application being denied in 2015 was never told to me since the consulate told me they would call me my application is under administrative process and my visa application was approved. Now telling me that the reason it was denied it’s because I used fake bank statements in 2015 it’s weird because that reason was never said to me and the bank statement was my dad’s not mine.

short or full hearing does not matter , it’s all about how you can defend your story and tell your arguments. Still looking for a lawyer but in the event I don’t happen to get an affordable one I will be doing it alone and believe it will be alright.

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
GET A VERY GOOD LAWYER, multiple not important small lies could result in credibility issues in your real asylum case, minister appearance is a serious matter.
There is no lies in any of my applications. Facebook and Linkedln are not one of the real metrics to measure someone’s credibility. We post what we want without being indebted to someone. I’m looking for a lawyer but given the time I don’t know if I willl be able to afford one… anyway it’s all about giving my arguments and demonstrate my credibility.