My experience of direct landing interview (no PPR) @ Etobicoke, ON

MK:)

Jul 4, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
winnipeg
Hello guys,

I have my landing interview soon@ etobicoke office. I need to know that along with our paper work and photographs. Do i need to carry photos and other stuff for my baby as well who was born in canada? Please let me know who has already done the landing. Thank you

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Hello, i got approval/ information letter on may17 . It has been 2 months now still waiting for landing appointment interview email from etobicoke office, ontario. It this delay normal . I was not suppose to send passports as i live in canada only fsw inland applicant. Approval letter stated that they will contact me shortly but is 2 months waiting normal inusually check my spam mail too . But nothing yet

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
This was the language of my approval/ information letter
The letter states the following:
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. You must complete the following steps within 7 days in order for your Confirmation of Permanent Residence to be issued.
The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) office responsible for issuing you a Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you shortly to arrange an appointment for your landing.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION
If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via e-mail to: CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca.
 Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;
 Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
 Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
 You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: CONFIRM YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE
If you and all family members included in the application are in Canada, you are not required to submit your passports or apply for an authorization to enter the country. The IRCC office responsible for issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you to make an appointment to finalize your application. If you and/or your family members are NOT currently residing in Canada, you need to advise us of your current place of residence as this may impact the issuing procedures of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and/or visa. Please advise us immediately by e-mail to: CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca
***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
When you receive communication from the responsible IRCC office for your appointment, please make sure to bring the following documents:
1. Original Passport(s) for all people included in the application.
2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Hello i have my landing appointment interview next week at etobicoke ircc ... kindly suggest for preparations what will happen there ... what to expect?

PrajaktaYV

May 21, 2018
Hello i have my landing appointment interview next week at etobicoke ircc ... kindly suggest for preparations what will happen there ... what to expect?
Hi
Did you recieve email for interview or you mailed for an appointment?
My application is approved but no passport request or interview email.

Prabhrajdeep

Sep 14, 2019
I got my first stage approval on September 4th and got an email for final determination interview on September 10 and the appointment is scheduled for 26 September. I am so scared can you please tell me what this final determination interview is basically..??

pvivek5828

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Well, then no need to worry. It is called as Landing interview. They will not ask much questions and you will receive your PR card after interview.

Reactions: ramujisumi

ramujisumi

Mar 17, 2017
Well, then no need to worry. It is called as Landing interview. They will not ask much questions and you will receive your PR card after interview.
if you paid upfront RPRF, there is no separate bill or item by item mention. Can we take that wholesome bill?

ramujisumi

Mar 17, 2017
I got my first stage approval on September 4th and got an email for final determination interview on September 10 and the appointment is scheduled for 26 September. I am so scared can you please tell me what this final determination interview is basically..??
Where is your landing bro? That's quick.
Did your CIC account change like approved or something? eligibility, security/background or so?

mariusbaran

May 27, 2019
Guys, please can someone help with some info.
I received a letter with Determination for PR interview date scheduled.
Since I was out of the country while waiting for my invitation, I no longer have a status in Canada.
IS eTA enough to attend the interview or I do need to apply for some other status?
I am applying from EU country.
Thank you

ramujisumi

Mar 17, 2017
Guys, please can someone help with some info.
I received a letter with Determination for PR interview date scheduled.
Since I was out of the country while waiting for my invitation, I no longer have a status in Canada.
IS eTA enough to attend the interview or I do need to apply for some other status?
I am applying from EU country.
Thank you
You have to enter into Canada and that's should serve as landing interview. Since, they thought you are within country and gave this; there might be option in your letter that if you chose other means of landing then contact them asap. Do you have that letter ? Which email ID/Branch of IRCC it came through?