+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My experience of direct landing interview (no PPR) @ Etobicoke, ON

ramujisumi

Mar 17, 2017
Well, then no need to worry. It is called as Landing interview. They will not ask much questions and you will receive your PR card after interview.
Is it so?
Who sends landing interview letter? Is it Ottawa or the office where you are supposed to attend?

mariusbaran

May 27, 2019
You have to enter into Canada and that's should serve as landing interview. Since, they thought you are within country and gave this; there might be option in your letter that if you chose other means of landing then contact them asap. Do you have that letter ? Which email ID/Branch of IRCC it came through?
I've received following letter, it was from
WST-Landing-Enquiries:

Dear Marisduaas,
We are pleased to advise you that your final determination for permanent residence interview
has been scheduled for:
October 1, 2019 at xxx
Please print and give this letter to the Commissionaire upon your arrival at:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
1148 Hornby Street
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2C3
Failure to appear for this interview may be perceived as a lack of interest in permanent
residence and your application could be refused.
If you cannot attend this interview and/or have pre-booked travels outside of Canada within
30 days following your final determination for permanent residence interview, please
contact the IRCC Client Support Centre:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-
support-centre.html

Last edited:
Reactions: ramujisumi

ramujisumi

Mar 17, 2017
congrats bro
I've received following letter, it was from

has been scheduled for:
October 1, 2019 at xxx
Please print and give this letter to the Commissionaire upon your arrival at:

Failure to appear for this interview may be perceived as a lack of interest in permanent
residence and your application could be refused.
If you cannot attend this interview and/or have pre-booked travels outside of Canada within
30 days following your final determination for permanent residence interview, please
contact the IRCC Client Support Centre:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-
support-centre.html
I think you should communicate with IRCC and enter Canada and get your landing at the airport/port of entry. Since you are visa exempt country; I believe you still need eTA...there is no harm getting that when come to land.
But before that you need to communicate with IRCC about this mode of landing since they have activated your file as inland landing interview....i.e. direct landing interview skipping PPR.

grprtsingh

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
Calgary
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
04-11-2019
hey i just want to ask what are the question asked in landing interview im curious can someopne hjelp me pls?

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
hey i just want to ask what are the question asked in landing interview im curious can someopne hjelp me pls?
I wasn't asked anything when I did soft landing....Just a Canadian address where they will be posting your PR card...

t3garg

Sep 27, 2018
Is the "Call in Notice" same as Interview request without PPR?
I did not get PPR email too. Just got the email saying--

In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All applicants must provide their original valid passports at the landing interview.

You must attend the interview with the following:

Ø All of your dependants in Canada if they are included in this application

Ø Your own interpreter, if required

Ø Documents issued to you by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Ø If you are being landed under the In-Canada Spousal/Family Class

• Your sponsor must be present
  • You must provide evidence of cohabitation
Ø Two (2) photos for each person on this application (not for the sponsor) taken within the last 6 months – see specifications at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Ø Proof you have paid the $490 Right of Permanent Residence Fee. This fee is not required for minors or Convention Refugees.

Ø If you have not yet paid this fee, you must do so on-line at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

Does anyone got anything similar?

Yoruba girl

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Is the "Call in Notice" same as Interview request without PPR?
I did not get PPR email too. Just got the email saying--

In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All applicants must provide their original valid passports at the landing interview.

You must attend the interview with the following:

Ø All of your dependants in Canada if they are included in this application

Ø Your own interpreter, if required

Ø Documents issued to you by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Ø If you are being landed under the In-Canada Spousal/Family Class

• Your sponsor must be present
  • You must provide evidence of cohabitation
Ø Two (2) photos for each person on this application (not for the sponsor) taken within the last 6 months – see specifications at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Ø Proof you have paid the $490 Right of Permanent Residence Fee. This fee is not required for minors or Convention Refugees.

Ø If you have not yet paid this fee, you must do so on-line at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

Does anyone got anything similar?
It’s the same, congratulations . When was your AOR?

Mahi12345

Dec 16, 2019
Hi all, I received an information letter on June 13 saying that my application was completed and that I will be shortly contacted by IRCC for a landing interview. Has anyone received such a letter before and what's the timeline between receiving the information letter and the appointment letter?

Thank you so much!
was it a physical letter that was sent to your home address or was it an email?

Chiya89

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Hi guys just came through a weird situation, my parents received PPR , but we are planning to submit passport in canada coz they will be here in a week . Now I got an email from local IRCC office for my parents to attend an interview . Does anyone know what that interview is about ?