14-12-2018
Interview........
04-06-2019
Passport Req..
Landing Email 17-05-2019
LANDED..........
04-06-2019
pretty neat..
I had false belief that we visa requiring folks don't get direct landing....i am wrong.
What do you mean? You are in Canada but your citizenship is from a visa-required country? I am from a visa-required country living in Toronto and I got landing interview

Reactions: ab-ee-pnp

hellojames920

May 10, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-02-2019
Med's Done....
03-04-2019
What do you mean? You are in Canada but your citizenship is from a visa-required country? I am from a visa-required country living in Toronto and I got landing interview
Hi sumylili, have u done the landing interview already? How was it

Reactions: sumylili

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018
I am like you and I thought we only get PPR email but not direct landing. I had not directly read from people like you. So I now know that this happens :)

Reactions: sumylili

sumylili

Feb 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-12-2018
Interview........
04-06-2019
Passport Req..
Landing Email 17-05-2019
LANDED..........
04-06-2019
Hi sumylili, have u done the landing interview already? How was it
Yes, mine was on June 4th. Nothing to be worried about, pretty easy and quick, you will be done in 10 min. My wait time was for 1 hour though, it was quite busy that day.

I posted my experience in some other threads but here it is:

I had my landing interview scheduled at 2pm at Etobicoke office . When I arrived I went to the wrong entrance, went to Service Canada instead so make sure you are in the right office; they are one besides the other. Right when you enter there is a big desk in the front, two officers sitting behind and a big IRCC sign on the wall. I arrived 30 minutes earlier and went straight to the front desk. One of the security officers gave me a number DXXX to wait and highligthed my name on his list. I went straight to the waiting area. There were 26 people ahead of my number. 5 out of 9 booth were working at that time. I was called at 2:40pm. The questions asked in the interview were basically if I ever been arrested or commited any crime in canada, if I have any dependant overseas, if I ever been deported, if my marital status changed, current address and the last time I entered to Canada. Gave my pictures and signed my COPR. After I that I went straight to Service Canada (next door) to get my new SIN and also went to Ontario Service to update the status of my OHIP and new address since I recently moved.

Last edited:
Reactions: hellojames920

sumylili

Feb 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-12-2018
Interview........
04-06-2019
Passport Req..
Landing Email 17-05-2019
LANDED..........
04-06-2019
Hi Everyone,

I am very glad I find this thread and find a lot of useful information with my coming landing interview at CIC - Etobicoke in June 25th, 2019.

Below is my timeline and other information:

CEC EE inland
Single
VO: Montreal
AoR: Feb. 21st 2019
MEP/IP2: April 3rd 2019
Ghost Update: May 3rd 2019
Landing Interview Requested: June 13th 2019

I will keep updated my experience of landing inland once I have done with it.

Best luck to everyone!
Btw, congratulations!!. Your application was processed pretty fast considering your VO is Montreal.

Reactions: hellojames920

Narimane

Jul 11, 2018
Hi all, I received an information letter on June 13 saying that my application was completed and that I will be shortly contacted by IRCC for a landing interview. Has anyone received such a letter before and what's the timeline between receiving the information letter and the appointment letter?

Thank you so much!

vyper1

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29/12/2018
Hoping for a little info if anyone can provide it. Landing interview scheduled for July 9th. Case is where my spouse and I moved recently to a new address than what my application was processed under, same city.

Can I inform them of this change at the interview? Or do I have to this before said date?

Would really appreciate some advice on this.

Shab_2003

Oct 5, 2016
HI All,
Has anyone was unable to attend the landing interview and requested for the interview to be rescheduled. I was wondering what's the timeline for rescheduling. This is for the Vancouver Visa Office, I didn't have my passport as I had sent it for TRV stamping to Ottawa.

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017
Hi All,

I attended my landing interview on 25th June and I was issued COPR on the spot. My application status still says "submitted". Is this normal?

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Hi all, I received an information letter on June 13 saying that my application was completed and that I will be shortly contacted by IRCC for a landing interview. Has anyone received such a letter before and what's the timeline between receiving the information letter and the appointment letter?

Thank you so much!
Yes got information/ approval letter on may 17 updated my address may 21 was told that eto office will contact me within 6 weeks but no update since then waiting waiting waiting

JMZO

Jul 5, 2019
I am travelling to india for 2 weeks after landing interview what should i do my interview is on 9th march and i have to attend a marriage on 18 th march in india
May I ask what you ended up doing. I am in the same situation now. I have my landing interview and I travel next week.

vyper1

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29/12/2018
May I ask what you ended up doing. I am in the same situation now. I have my landing interview and I travel next week.
I did my interview yesterday, there is a paper that they give to you with some information on it after you have become PR. On the paper, it explains that if you have to travel before getting PR card, you can apply for a PRTD(Permanent Resident Travel Document) from the local IRCC office in the country that you are going as you cannot return without that or a pr card.

Not sure how long it will take to process but I imagine if you start the process as soon as you go on your trip, you'll have it before coming back. Maybe print your itinerary as well, so they can see your return date.

Reactions: ab-ee-pnp

JMZO

Jul 5, 2019
I did my interview yesterday, there is a paper that they give to you with some information on it after you have become PR. On the paper, it explains that if you have to travel before getting PR card, you can apply for a PRTD(Permanent Resident Travel Document) from the local IRCC office in the country that you are going as you cannot return without that or a pr card.

Not sure how long it will take to process but I imagine if you start the process as soon as you go on your trip, you'll have it before coming back. Maybe print your itinerary as well, so they can see your return date.
Thank you so much. That information is helpful. I appreciate it.

Reactions: vyper1