+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MPNP new Express Entry Sub stream- Jan 2018

Wendy_A

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Hi there, pls shed the light for me since I dont know how this category works. If you have more than 500 points in EE, why do you need to apply through Manitoba program? just go straight with EE, fast and you can live wherever?
My friend got CRS 318, Manitoba points 66, I have no idea how it's gonna work, she has connection in Manitoba as friend
Thanks all

maria0314

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
I got invited to the Manitoba express entry pathway this month and I have filled all the forms now except for the proof of funds, I just want to know how much is required for this scheme, when I filled the form, the system only asked for a total of $16k for four of us, which means it is still the same POF requirements, I want to be sure that the POF has not being aligned with the federal Express Entry which will be about $23,200. I am stuck, although I already sent them an email for clarification.
Hello, I'm also awaiting an invite from MPNP. If time permits can you please share the requirements so I can prepare them in advance? Thank you!

maria0314

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
any idea about dates for next draw?
Judging from the previous year MPNP conducts a draw at least once a month. In most cases they do it twice with 2-3 weeks interval. Hopefully they'll do one more for January.

maria0314

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
Hi there, pls shed the light for me since I dont know how this category works. If you have more than 500 points in EE, why do you need to apply through Manitoba program? just go straight with EE, fast and you can live wherever?
My friend got CRS 318, Manitoba points 66, I have no idea how it's gonna work, she has connection in Manitoba as friend
Thanks all
There is a separate scoring system for MPNP and it is what the 500 points is about.

Reactions: Wendy_A

maria0314

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
What u need is to first be accepted into the federal EE and get an application number and job seeker code, then u fill a new EOI for MPNP Express entry pathway and u are in the draw for this path way, which means when u get a nomination under MPNP u can transfer it to the federal EE which is faster than the regular MPNP. I scored 572 and my NOC code is 0124.
I've always wondered- can you see the score from your MPNP EOI profile (like Crs in EE) or did you compute it manually?

dypo

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
I've always wondered- can you see the score from your MPNP EOI profile (like Crs in EE) or did you compute it manually?
Yes you can see your score. Click on the review and submit button, then click next and click on preview EOI-SW.

Meanwhile, does anyone have an idea if Manitoba accepts gift deed?

Reactions: maria0314

maria0314

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
Yes you can see your score. Click on the review and submit button, then click next and click on preview EOI-SW.

Meanwhile, does anyone have an idea if Manitoba accepts gift deed?
Thank you so much! :) Regarding your question, I will also be submitting a gift deed in case I receive the LAA from Manitoba.

Last edited:
Reactions: PPSB15

maria0314

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
Congrats Maria!! under which NOC did you apply? are you inland?
Thank you @aponce7! Im applying from overseas. My NOC is 1212 ( Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers).

I'm in a state of dilemma now. In my EOI I stated Brandon as our preferred city (where my husband's cousin lives). This week I learned there is a job opening in our Winnipeg branch which I'm seriously considering. If I change my preference in the full application to Winnipeg I wonder if it will be tantamount to misrepresentation?

drbassem

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/6/2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
30/11/2013
AOR Received.
27/2/2014
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
1/6/2014
Med's Request
24/6/2014
Med's Done....
7/7/2014 Received on 25/7/2014
Passport Req..
26/8/2014 - Decision Made on 24/9/2014 Alhmdolelah
VISA ISSUED...
21-9-2014
Hi guys,

I have few questions about " MPNP Express entry pathway"
If I have a close relative who`s a Canadian citizen
+ I am eligible for the Express entry for Canada
+ have an existing Express entry profile and Mpnp overseas worker profile

I know it goes as well by draws, so the latest draw the minimum score was (560) Draw#40 Jan31st.2018
If I have higher pts than the minimum selected candidate score.Then, I should be selected?
Do I miss anything here !
I mean is there any other crieteria I miss , please advice my friends
Thanks

scargee

May 19, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
Hi guys,

I have few questions about " MPNP Express entry pathway"
If I have a close relative who`s a Canadian citizen
+ I am eligible for the Express entry for Canada
+ have an existing Express entry profile and Mpnp overseas worker profile

I know it goes as well by draws, so the latest draw the minimum score was (560) Draw#40 Jan31st.2018
If I have higher pts than the minimum selected candidate score.Then, I should be selected?
Do I miss anything here !
I mean is there any other crieteria I miss , please advice my friends
Thanks
Your close relative must be residing in manitoba.

There is a good chance to be selected unless the following applies to you:

1. Candidates invited under the Express Entry sub-stream who do not have a valid Express Entry ID and job seeker validation code and verifiable experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list will be refused.

2. If your score is higher than that of the lowest-ranked candidate, but you have not received an Letter of Advice to Apply, this could be because:
    • You have indicated that you have taken an approved third-party language test to demonstrate your language ability in English/French, but have not provided a valid Test Number in your EOI or your language test is no longer valid
    • You have indicated that you have received an Invitation to Apply to the MPNP under a Strategic Initiative, but did not provide a valid Invitation Number
    Please note that for each question in EOI, help text is available, providing detailed information on the information you should enter. If one of these scenarios applies to you, you may wish to update your EOI with the correct information in order to be considered for the next draw from the EOI pool.

3. Candidates who indicated that they are working in a regulated occupation and are fully licensed to work in Manitoba have been selected in this draw. However, the MPNP may not accept or may refuse full applications from those candidates who are not actually working in a regulated occupation and/or fail to provide proof of having undergone all necessary licensing steps to be employed in Manitoba. If this applies to you, you may wish to consider declining your Letter of Advice to Apply.