+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
It is said that Montreal VO is the slowest VO because it's primarily a French office. So most of the staff there, generally misinterpret the communications and the documents.
Or maybe because its a newly found office, people there are inexperienced and inefficient. Different culture too.

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
OMG Pringles226, your application is already approved? Congratulations!!!
I found out over the phone that it was "all cleared" and that everything looked positive, just waiting for the "final decision" by the agent. I supposed I'll get the golden email as soon as an agent looks at it.

Reactions: cad143

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Or maybe because its a newly found office, people there are inexperienced and inefficient. Different culture too.
An inland applicant completed his landing in Vancouver VO and there they told him that Montreal VO is having trouble with applicants since it is primarily a French Office. There is a lot of miscommunication and wrong interpretations and hence it causes more delay.

However, IRCC is aware about it.

djnorman

Dec 6, 2018
here's my journey:
I'm a FSW-O, single applicant, and I'm a female by the way :) (not a US resident), AOR: July 30,2018
MEP & IP1 : August 21 & 22,2018
then a complete silence till Feb 28 2019 : my background check changed to "not applicable"
March1st,2019 : refusal letter, got an email and opened my account to find it instead of the ppr email.
Throughout this period i requested gcms notes twice , and had a number of calls with IRCC agents.
The agents always answered me that my application is "under review" and that my criminality & security haven't started yet. that was all they had to say , even on the same day before I got my refusal letter.
the first gcms notes were recieved three months later! (ordered through ATIP, so i don't recommend that ).
the 2nd gcms recieved after 3 weeks or so (through getgcms.com) (that was fast).
in that 2nd set of notes, received on Feb, 9th, 2019, I discovered the issue with my application.
it was a POF issue, the officer reviewing my application has misinterpreted my bank statement, as i saved my money in the bank in the form of "certificates of deposites" (fixed deposits) , he/she interpreted them as "lines of credit"!!! which completely screwed up me complying to the requirements of the settlement funds.
the next day , i raised a cse , clarifying my situation and providing more documents from the bank, but apparantly that wasn't considered, obviously they had made up their decision by then, and the application was then pending sending the refusal letter.( that's why it is crucial to order notes in appropriate times to allow you to follow up with your status).
After receiving the refusal letter, life went black.
i raised a cse asking if there was an appeal, the following day i sent another cse for a "reconsideration request" attaching all the documents I had and clarifying my situation.
after 10 days or so , an agent replied to my first cse , where i was asking about the appeal, and asked me to provide any new documents with a deadline that was a week ahead. I thought she wanted to request me herself a reconsideration.
after few days, today i received an email notification to check my account , to find the golden email.
I created a new profile ..I was going to repeat the whole process from the begining.. but at this point I guess I was lucky enough to end my tiring journey today

Glad this roller coaster ride had a good ending, @M_A . I'm happy for you.

Reactions: M_A

gv58

Nov 23, 2018
Hey Bud, i see that you are a FSW- inland applicant as well. Mind if i ask you what was your source of funds documentation?
I got a letter from my Canadian bank stating all the accounts I've including credit and the balances in them. Also uploaded bank statements just in case.

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Got this response to the CSE raised on Tuesday this week.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your permanent residence application.

• The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized.
  • The background verifications are currently in process.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid.
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Please anyone with a similar response? My AOR is 17th Sept.

Thanks.

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
I found out over the phone that it was "all cleared" and that everything looked positive, just waiting for the "final decision" by the agent. I supposed I'll get the golden email as soon as an agent looks at it.
I called them too last week and they said that everything was passed and cleared. Just didn't want to assume lol I may be that paranoid. Been trying to call them again but couldn't get through. It's Friday and I haven't heard anything from them nor has my account been updated.

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
Got this response to the CSE raised on Tuesday this week.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your permanent residence application.

• The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized.
  • The background verifications are currently in process.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid.
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Please anyone with a similar response? My AOR is 17th Sept.

Thanks.
Hello. Can't really say. They usually have this standard response and this was similar to mine the last time I raised a CSE.
Looking at your Sept 17 AOR. It may take some time but at least you know the background check is in process and they are currently verifying your eligibility. Did you send additional documents? Thank you.

Reactions: HFL2018

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Hello. Can't really say. They usually have this standard response and this was similar to mine the last time I raised a CSE.
Looking at your Sept 17 AOR. It may take some time but at least you know the background check is in process and they are currently verifying your eligibility. Did you send additional documents? Thank you.
Thanks @cad143 Knew I had seen someone post something similar to the response I got. Yes I did send the additional document that the case analyst raised an issue with, which was the proof of residence of my sibling. This was sent via a CSE and that was about 2 weeks ago. How long after receiving this response to your file approval?

Reactions: cad143

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I'll always consider you real family, for no matter this form of communication is virtual as it is, your care and support have touched my heart.
@cansha @maverick1982 @Adeife23 @cad143 @tuitui509 , and everyone who would take a moment now to remember who I was & what was my case, but has once took the time to write me a supportive statement...
To you all : I got my ppr email just now.
Wow ... have been away from forum for few days and came back to see this. Many congrats buddy!

Reactions: M_A