+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
here's my journey:
I'm a FSW-O, single applicant, and I'm a female by the way :) (not a US resident), AOR: July 30,2018
MEP & IP1 : August 21 & 22,2018
then a complete silence till Feb 28 2019 : my background check changed to "not applicable"
March1st,2019 : refusal letter, got an email and opened my account to find it instead of the ppr email.
Throughout this period i requested gcms notes twice , and had a number of calls with IRCC agents.
The agents always answered me that my application is "under review" and that my criminality & security haven't started yet. that was all they had to say , even on the same day before I got my refusal letter.
the first gcms notes were recieved three months later! (ordered through ATIP, so i don't recommend that ).
the 2nd gcms recieved after 3 weeks or so (through getgcms.com) (that was fast).
in that 2nd set of notes, received on Feb, 9th, 2019, I discovered the issue with my application.
it was a POF issue, the officer reviewing my application has misinterpreted my bank statement, as i saved my money in the bank in the form of "certificates of deposites" (fixed deposits) , he/she interpreted them as "lines of credit"!!! which completely screwed up me complying to the requirements of the settlement funds.
the next day , i raised a cse , clarifying my situation and providing more documents from the bank, but apparantly that wasn't considered, obviously they had made up their decision by then, and the application was then pending sending the refusal letter.( that's why it is crucial to order notes in appropriate times to allow you to follow up with your status).
After receiving the refusal letter, life went black.
i raised a cse asking if there was an appeal, the following day i sent another cse for a "reconsideration request" attaching all the documents I had and clarifying my situation.
after 10 days or so , an agent replied to my first cse , where i was asking about the appeal, and asked me to provide any new documents with a deadline that was a week ahead. I thought she wanted to request me herself a reconsideration.
after few days, today i received an email notification to check my account , to find the golden email.
I created a new profile ..I was going to repeat the whole process from the begining.. but at this point I guess I was lucky enough to end my tiring journey today
This is an awesome story and I guess anyone who still has doubts on whether he/she should order GCMS notes should read this story daily. I'm really glad it worked out for you. It was their mistake and I can't imagine what they put you through. Glad it has ended. Enjoy this!

Reactions: M_A

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Just caught up with all the posts. It's great to see this thread thriving and people sharing information with each other. But the sad side to that is that it shows more and more people have to face the famous delayed processing of Montreal office.

Many of you who have been part of this thread from way back would remember that I had a theory ... My theory was in the end, hopefully, all this will balance out. If we wait for PPR a little longer may be it will get compensated by a shorter wait for PR card and finding a job etc.

Well one part of the theory came true (my good luck) .. My PR card application was approved in 1 month against the published time of 43 days on the website. This kind of concluded the whole journey from PR perspective but many challenges remain. But, I always believed getting the PPR is probably the toughest stage because so much is unknown to us and there is a lot of uncertainty. Here wishing everyone All the Best once again.

My timeline for PR card

Soft landed: 18 Feb 2019
Ghost Update: 16 Mar 2019
App approved: 19 Mar 2019
Email that account has been updated: 20 Mar 2019 (one day later)
PR card delivered to friend's address: 21 Mar 2019.

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Just caught up with all the posts. It's great to see this thread thriving and people sharing information with each other. But the sad side to that is that it shows more and more people have to face the famous delayed processing of Montreal office.

Many of you who have been part of this thread from way back would remember that I had a theory ... My theory was in the end, hopefully, all this will balance out. If we wait for PPR a little longer may be it will get compensated by a shorter wait for PR card and finding a job etc.

Well one part of the theory came true (my good luck) .. My PR card application was approved in 1 month against the published time of 43 days on the website. This kind of concluded the whole journey from PR perspective but many challenges remain. But, I always believed getting the PPR is probably the toughest stage because so much is unknown to us and there is a lot of uncertainty. Here wishing everyone All the Best once again.

My timeline for PR card

That was fast! Congrats once again @cansha

Reactions: RR9187 and cansha

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018

My timeline for PR card

Hey Cansha,

Congrats man, now are you back already or did you wait in Canada?
since you have experienced yourself and you are always an expert. May I ask you a questions about landing and PR application?
Did you re-submit new set of PR photos during landing?
which POE did you land if you dont mind me asking. it is okay if you dont want to answer as this is a bit private question.
Did they refuse to submit PR application because the address provided is only a friend's address and not your permanent address? I read some on the forum that few have run into officers that refuse to submit PR Card application as the person cross has mentioned he is only soft landing and will return the same day. the officer advised him to submit PR card application during the permanent move.
Did you get the one of PR photos returned from the passport return package? some of us got it returned back.
Where do you track the PR card progression? the same GC-key account?

Thank you for all the past help here. I am so glad it went smooth for you.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hey Cansha,
Thank you!!

since you have experienced yourself and you are always an expert. May I ask you a questions about landing and PR application?

No I did not. It is not required. I saw many people actually resubmitting photos at airport and if you ask me I think it is futile to think that IRCC is so efficient that those photos will actually make way to PR card processing. So, no point in doing so.

which POE did you land if you dont mind me asking. it is okay if you dont want to answer as this is a bit private question.
Toronto airport

Did they refuse to submit PR application because the address provided is only a friend's address and not your permanent address? I read some on the forum that few have run into officers that refuse to submit PR Card application as the person cross has mentioned he is only soft landing and will return the same day. the officer advised him to submit PR card application during the permanent move.
I think this happens a lot on Windsor crossing if I'm not wrong. I also read the same experiences and hence decided against doing soft landing at a land border and chose to do so at Toronto airport.

Did you get the one of PR photos returned from the passport return package? some of us got it returned back.
No.

Yes.

Reactions: M_A and tuitui509

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Thank you!!

No I did not. It is not required. I saw many people actually resubmitting photos at airport and if you ask me I think it is futile to think that IRCC is so efficient that those photos will actually make way to PR card processing. So, no point in doing so.

Toronto airport

I think this happens a lot on Windsor crossing if I'm not wrong. I also read the same experiences and hence decided against doing soft landing at a land border and chose to do so at Toronto airport.

No.

Yes.
Thank you

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
I just want to leave two important tips for those who are still waiting, based on what I've learned from all this:
1. Check your CIC account often in order to monitor for updates. You often don't get emails when there are ghost updates. When you do get a ghost update, CALL them immediately to know what exactly was done.
2. Order GCMS notes in order to monitor the progress of your application so that you can preemptively correct issues by uploading additional documents using CSEs. I didn't have to do this, but I know a lot of people who averted terrible fates by doing so.

Reactions: Wendy1112

kruhiputar

Mar 22, 2018
Congrats!!! I'm super excited for you (obviously)!! For inland applicants this is so important. I'm heading back home beginning of April, cause being on visitor visa and waiting for days to pass here is just unbearable, I just hope we'll get a positive final decision in the end. (One more thing, I can't seem to recall, have you ever had any problems with maintaining your status while being processed or were you on a bridging working permit?) Once again, congratulations and good luck with your future adventures! Bravo, bravo!