+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

gv58

Nov 23, 2018
I just want to leave two important tips for those who are still waiting, based on what I've learned from all this:
1. Check your CIC account often in order to monitor for updates. You often don't get emails when there are ghost updates. When you do get a ghost update, CALL them immediately to know what exactly was done.
2. Order GCMS notes in order to monitor the progress of your application so that you can preemptively correct issues by uploading additional documents using CSEs. I didn't have to do this, but I know a lot of people who averted terrible fates by doing so.
Congrats! This is great news. Hopefully I'll get mine soon too.

Reactions: Pringles226

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Haha yup! My family is ecstatic, to me this isn't new. I knew after the ghost update, and after talking to the agent on the phone who told me everything had been cleared, that this was coming soon. I guess I got my share of dopamine and serotonin back then!

The waiting though... 233 DAYS. Over 7.5 months waiting for this. Absurd.
Congrats @Pringles226! Now your wait is over! Great way to start the week.

Reactions: Pringles226

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Congrats!!! I'm super excited for you (obviously)!! For inland applicants this is so important. I'm heading back home beginning of April, cause being on visitor visa and waiting for days to pass here is just unbearable, I just hope we'll get a positive final decision in the end. (One more thing, I can't seem to recall, have you ever had any problems with maintaining your status while being processed or were you on a bridging working permit?) Once again, congratulations and good luck with your future adventures! Bravo, bravo!
Thanks! I had a valid PGWP that expired in February, so I applied for a BOWP (which is still being processed) before it did so I could maintain my (implied) status and keep working. My employer accepted this as proof of my right to work, but I was a little concerned nonetheless. I never thought I'd have to get a BOWP in the first place, and I didn't want it to get to this. Like, what if my employer doesn't understand my situation? What if they refuse my PR application after my work visa has expired? Then I'd have to leave both my job AND the country altogether, and this would incur expenses that would leave me without the settlement funds to re-apply. I applied 7 months before my work visa's expiry date so I could have room for error, but it was still not enough.

Reactions: kruhiputar

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
PPR rain today in the September AOR group, mostly from Ottawa VO. Feel so sad and dejected right now. I am sincerely happy for everyone, but I feel being in Montreal VO is not good for anyone at all.:(
Still waiting, no ghost update.... no PPR
Don’t want to sound so negative...
I am grateful for other daily blessings I see all around me.

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
Hello to new folks on this forum and Whats up to old-timers @cansha @maverick1982 @Adeife23 @sam.m ! I hope you guys are doing well and on with the second phase of this journey. Its nice to see so many new folks on this forum and thanks to your recruitment drive, its a success in terms of gathering more data! Congratulations to @M_A , as we were keeping track of your file back then and what a story !
I was missing the action for a while as my visa ended in USA and i had to move back to India, but i did check once in a while to see whats going on.

Coming to my application now, Aug 10th AOR date, still have not received the PPR (please see my signature for details) 227 days and counting and i just received my 2nd set of notes. I know my background check had started last week as the profile was updated and the due date on the GCMS notes says March 23rd 2019. I think i was supposed to get the PPR on 23rd as per the due date as I checked with other AUG 10th AOR's and they received their PPR on that date. In my case i was asked to re-submit the medicals as they are expiring next month on APR 20th I believe we need to land in canada before the medicals expire.
My concern is once the re-medical results are uploaded, will montreal look at it quickly or do they take quite a while again to come back and pick the file again ? Anybody with ADR's can probably shed light on this.

Reactions: sam.m and M_A

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello to new folks on this forum and Whats up to old-timers @cansha @maverick1982 @Adeife23 @sam.m ! I hope you guys are doing well and on with the second phase of this journey. Its nice to see so many new folks on this forum and thanks to your recruitment drive, its a success in terms of gathering more data! Congratulations to @M_A , as we were keeping track of your file back then and what a story !
I was missing the action for a while as my visa ended in USA and i had to move back to India, but i did check once in a while to see whats going on.

Coming to my application now, Aug 10th AOR date, still have not received the PPR (please see my signature for details) 227 days and counting and i just received my 2nd set of notes. I know my background check had started last week as the profile was updated and the due date on the GCMS notes says March 23rd 2019. I think i was supposed to get the PPR on 23rd as per the due date as I checked with other AUG 10th AOR's and they received their PPR on that date. In my case i was asked to re-submit the medicals as they are expiring next month on APR 20th I believe we need to land in canada before the medicals expire.
My concern is once the re-medical results are uploaded, will montreal look at it quickly or do they take quite a while again to come back and pick the file again ? Anybody with ADR's can probably shed light on this.
Yo buddy. It’s going good for me. Generally PPR after remedial is pretty quick but I haven’t seen such case in Montreal before. So don’t know how they will treat it. But still my guess is that it should not take long.

Reactions: Axwell

NicK728

Apr 29, 2013
Did you have to re-pay for the medicals???

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Who has been able to log into their IRCC account today. Haven’t been able to do that...keeps redirecting me out of the website.

porlo87

Oct 7, 2017
lol I think most pple were previously in Sdyney. I was in Sydney from August till the end of Jan before being transferred to Montreal on the 1st of Feb. I just resigned to fate

--- was transfered to Montreal from Sydney on Jan 17.

Still no progress...........

porlo87

Oct 7, 2017
I just called CIC to check on my application. Its been 4.5 months.

The agent was very helpful. She told me that all my docs were complete but nothing had started on my file, no background check, no security, no eligibility. I asked her my office (hoping that it would have moved out of Montreal), and she said it was in Montreal (and broke my heart). She also said that if i don't hear back by June 16th then i should call again and they might be able to expedite processing on my file. It was then it occurred to me to ask her if my file was always in Montreal. She told me that it got transferred from Sydney NS to Montreal QC on 17th January.

Sigh, I am crestfallen.

ii guess we are in the SAME Boat then.

Similar application profiles.

Reactions: smash1984

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Did your GCMS notes say the date the background check will be completed ?

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
PPR rain today in the September AOR group, mostly from Ottawa VO. Feel so sad and dejected right now. I am sincerely happy for everyone, but I feel being in Montreal VO is not good for anyone at all.:(
Still waiting, no ghost update.... no PPR
Don’t want to sound so negative...
I am grateful for other daily blessings I see all around me.
Hey there's nothing to feel bad about just because people from other VOs are getting their PPR. Montreal is slower for everybody and you cannot control which VO your application is assigned to. The problem is when everyone else from Montreal's VO is getting their PPRs lol. I for one feel like I was one of the last people with early August AOR to get their PPR.

Reactions: HFL2018

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Hey there's nothing to feel bad about just because people from other VOs are getting their PPR. Montreal is slower for everybody and you cannot control which VO your application is assigned to. The problem is when everyone else from Montreal's VO is getting their PPRs lol. I for one feel like I was one of the last people with early August AOR to get their PPR.
Thanks for your words of encouragement @Pringles226. True words!

Lyra

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
What is the latest ppr for outland applicants? Last I know is Aug 10 th. Did we hear anything after that?

Lyra

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018

Hi @Axwell , would you mind sharing your 'transfer to Montreal' date? I am just trying to predict what would be my ppr due date. Maybe there is a correlation between transfer date and due date.