+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cougprey

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
United States
that's great, cuz I guess anything that could be an issue wz ur application would have appeared in the notes ordered mid feb. , that was a good timing to request these.. U r so close. Stay strong.
The only thing 'wrong' with my application was the Stat questions / Montreal Speed lol

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
Yeah you should *start* expecting it in one month's time. I'm August 4th AOR and I don't expect to see my PPR this month anymore. Like I said, one August member had their application approved over 20 days ago and is still waiting for PPR, wheres mine was just approved earlier this week.

Perhaps you should expect a ghost update in a month's time, not PPR.
OMG Pringles226, your application is already approved? Congratulations!!!

Reactions: Pringles226

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
We finally received the email for PPR!!

Our timeline:

AOR: August 10th
Medical: September 9th
PPR: March 19th

Montreal office. Status on CIC website still shows "processing background check". Only changed to IP2 yesterday. Hope y'all get your PPR email soon as well! Good luck. The wait was pretty frustrating.
Congratulations! May I know if you're inland or outland?

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
The only thing 'wrong' with my application was the Stat questions / Montreal Speed lol
the RR for the stat question is pretty normal .. but about Montreal speed that is questionable :rolleyes::D

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
Thank you! :) Just wanted to let you know how much I am inspired with your story. :) Happy to answer any questions that may help you with the move.
thanks Cad for your kindness..

Canjan18

Jan 12, 2019
here's my journey:
I'm a FSW-O, single applicant, and I'm a female by the way :) (not a US resident), AOR: July 30,2018
MEP & IP1 : August 21 & 22,2018
then a complete silence till Feb 28 2019 : my background check changed to "not applicable"
March1st,2019 : refusal letter, got an email and opened my account to find it instead of the ppr email.
Throughout this period i requested gcms notes twice , and had a number of calls with IRCC agents.
The agents always answered me that my application is "under review" and that my criminality & security haven't started yet. that was all they had to say , even on the same day before I got my refusal letter.
the first gcms notes were recieved three months later! (ordered through ATIP, so i don't recommend that ).
the 2nd gcms recieved after 3 weeks or so (through getgcms.com) (that was fast).
in that 2nd set of notes, received on Feb, 9th, 2019, I discovered the issue with my application.
it was a POF issue, the officer reviewing my application has misinterpreted my bank statement, as i saved my money in the bank in the form of "certificates of deposites" (fixed deposits) , he/she interpreted them as "lines of credit"!!! which completely screwed up me complying to the requirements of the settlement funds.
the next day , i raised a cse , clarifying my situation and providing more documents from the bank, but apparantly that wasn't considered, obviously they had made up their decision by then, and the application was then pending sending the refusal letter.( that's why it is crucial to order notes in appropriate times to allow you to follow up with your status).
After receiving the refusal letter, life went black.
i raised a cse asking if there was an appeal, the following day i sent another cse for a "reconsideration request" attaching all the documents I had and clarifying my situation.
after 10 days or so , an agent replied to my first cse , where i was asking about the appeal, and asked me to provide any new documents with a deadline that was a week ahead. I thought she wanted to request me herself a reconsideration.
after few days, today i received an email notification to check my account , to find the golden email.
I created a new profile ..I was going to repeat the whole process from the begining.. but at this point I guess I was lucky enough to end my tiring journey today
Congratulations your story gives us hope and inspires us... Thank you for sharing your story .

Reactions: M_A

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
It is said that Montreal VO is the slowest VO because it's primarily a French office. So most of the staff there, generally misinterpret the communications and the documents.
I believe this is true.