+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
one of my friends called the call center for status. Processing montreal office. Agent gave the fax number of Montreal office and asked to check directly with montreal office. Did it happen to any of you ? I thought agents are not allowed to provide info of Local offices?
Never heard of that, that’s good and he is lucky. Some agents are really nice and helpful. Just got off the phone with a not so helpful one, who just said ‘you need to wait this out, the 6 months timeline is just an average’. And I am like ‘it’s more like 8 months timeline as I see a lot of applications have passed the 6 months time line and so it will be better to give the right info to applicants’...
My eligibility is still in process, background checks still in process as well. Visa Office still Montreal (was hoping it was miraculously transferred out).
Fingers crossed but the waiting game is so tiring.

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Never heard of that, that’s good and he is lucky. Some agents are really nice and helpful. Just got off the phone with a not so helpful one, who just said ‘you need to wait this out, the 6 months timeline is just an average’. And I am like ‘it’s more like 8 months timeline as I see a lot of applications have passed the 6 months time line and so it will be better to give the right info to applicants’...
My eligibility is still in process, background checks still in process as well. Visa Office still Montreal (was hoping it was miraculously transferred out).
Fingers crossed but the waiting game is so tiring.
Hey was it a woman who told you that? I questioned the same thing and got the same reply lol

Reactions: HFL2018

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
So, nobody but three Montreal people after Aug 10 AOR have received PPRs? Horrible!
How about IP2?
Oh there has been a lot more than just 3 people. They're just not the majority yet (I think). I think many of us with August AORs have reached a stage where our BG checks have completed, and we're just waiting for the officer to look at our application and send us the golden email. I know one member (gv58) who's been waiting for this since late February.

Reactions: gv58 and HFL2018

jm90

Jan 10, 2019
Oh there has been a lot more than just 3 people. They're just not the majority yet (I think). I think many of us with August AORs have reached a stage where our BG checks have completed, and we're just waiting for the officer to look at our application and send us the golden email. I know one member (gv58) who's been waiting for this since late February.
So there are about 60 cases from Montreal in the tracker. Majority of them are 7-9 months. Though these 60 cases are a miniscule of the total, the trend seems to point to 7-9 months!
I am impatient because I have a visa issue from the US. Sucks!

From Sydney, US residents seem to get their PPRs in an average of 120 days. I was Sydney as well. I was happy until they transferred me to Montreal!

jm90

Jan 10, 2019
On top of that I worked for a company with no internet presence. A Review Required and ADR might delay it further!

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
So there are about 60 cases from Montreal in the tracker. Majority of them are 7-9 months. Though these 60 cases are a miniscule of the total, the trend seems to point to 7-9 months!
I am impatient because I have a visa issue from the US. Sucks!

From Sydney, US residents seem to get their PPRs in an average of 120 days. I was Sydney as well. I was happy until they transferred me to Montreal!
Agreed but like, for the past 10 days or so we've seen plenty of mid-August peeps getting their PPRs around here.

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Okay. So Sept peeps like us should expect our PPR in one month’s time..:( Montreal why?!!!:(:(:(
Yeah you should *start* expecting it in one month's time. I'm August 4th AOR and I don't expect to see my PPR this month anymore. Like I said, one August member had their application approved over 20 days ago and is still waiting for PPR, wheres mine was just approved earlier this week.

Perhaps you should expect a ghost update in a month's time, not PPR.

Reactions: cad143 and HFL2018

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Yeah you should *start* expecting it in one month's time. I'm August 4th AOR and I don't expect to see my PPR this month anymore. Like I said, one August member had their application approved over 20 days ago and is still waiting for PPR, wheres mine was just approved earlier this week.

Perhaps you should expect a ghost update in a month's time, not PPR.
Congrats in advance! I wish mine could just be approved and then I wait for the PPR. Are you Inland or Outland?

Reactions: Pringles226

Maple7

Feb 23, 2019
What's the maximum known waiting time for Montreal? I'm thinking those who have followed this forum for a while might have that info.

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
What's the maximum known waiting time for Montreal? I'm thinking those who have followed this forum for a while might have that info.
I really don’t have an idea about this. I know one theory was that it depends on when the application was transferred to Montreal and this I think has been proven to be almost correct. I haven’t seen it debunked yet. I guess elders in the house like @cansha, @Adeife23 @Pringles226 would be able to help us out with more info.

Reactions: Maple7