+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Modifying Express Entry profile after receiving an ITA

Raj11132428

Apr 16, 2018
Pune
Hi all,

QUESTION ON POICE CERTIFICATE FROM USA

I stayed in USA until MAY 12TH, 2018 and left to India on the same day. I reached India on May 14th, 2018. I received my USA police certificate dated MAY 15TH, 2018. There is just one day gap between me reaching India and date of police certificate.

IS THIS OK OR SHOULD I APPLY FOR ANOTHER POLICE CERTIFICATE?

May 2, 2018
Hi,
I have created my Express entry profile and written IELTS with old passport (before marriage name). As my passport is going to get expired I have renewed it and changed my surname (after marriage). Will it be an issue if I update my name in the profile (I am able to modify using the "modify family details" option available) now while submitting the ITA? Can anyone please help?

samuelrajsrinivasan

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Dear Members,

I had accidentally selected my dependent daughter as accompanying and my wife non accompanying and I am not able to change this and I haven't even submitted the form yet. I am still in filling the particulars for me, my wife and daughter (before the checklist generation stage).

can anybody help??
shd i decline the invite or can i change the particulars??

or can i write a LOE that it was a honest mistake.

in desperate need of advise, any help is appreciated!

Aleez84

Jul 29, 2018
Dear Members,

I had accidentally selected my dependent daughter as accompanying and my wife non accompanying and I am not able to change this and I haven't even submitted the form yet. I am still in filling the particulars for me, my wife and daughter (before the checklist generation stage).

can anybody help??
shd i decline the invite or can i change the particulars??

or can i write a LOE that it was a honest mistake.

in desperate need of advise, any help is appreciated!
I had a similar situation. In your Online application, click "modify family details" and keep clicking Next until you reach the question "Is your first child included in this application?" Select "No" for it and continue selecting Next until you get to the summary of your application. The child's status will change to non-accompanying. hope this helped.

mjawarani

Jul 3, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi Sam_Vir,

I am in the same situation and missed to put my middle name. Can you please advise how did you solve the situation? After updating Modify Family Information, have you provided LOE for the same?

Thanks,
Arpita

Hey guys,

I am in similar situation, i forgot to add my middle name in EE profile as per passport and i have got ITA, does it create any problem while submitting?

Thanks
Mohit

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hey guys,

I am in similar situation, i forgot to add my middle name in EE profile as per passport and i have got ITA, does it create any problem while submitting?

Thanks
Mohit
You can edit family information and add it

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thanks.
I did that but will it create any problems later? Or should I mention this in my LoE that I made an error?
You can. What causes issues is lying and hiding things. You should be fine

Jul 28, 2018
Yes I didn't get any points for my spouse work exp as it was not in Canada?
What if I let it be in the profile and dnt provide supporting documents?
Were you able to submit and receive PR? Me and my husband are in the same situation, he has over 6 years work experience but non-Canada. Can i remove his work experience after receiving ITA?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Were you able to submit and receive PR? Me and my husband are in the same situation, he has over 6 years work experience but non-Canada. Can i remove his work experience after receiving ITA?
if he's the dependant yes. you don't have to list every thing from the start. that will go in personal history

gmcd1983

Aug 31, 2018
Hi all, I have a permanent job offer in Canada, but not with an LMIA. When I completed my EE profile I mentioned that I had a job offer without LMIA therefore did not receive the 600 points for it. I am now completing my post ITA CEC application, and have got to the 'Intended work in Canada' section, there are 2 questions 1. Have you received a job offer - I have said Yes, and 2. does your job offer have an LMIA - I have said No, which is all factually correct. But I read somewhere that if you say yes to the job offer, it must have an LMIA, is that right? Shall I just say no to the job offer, I don't need it if I didn't receive any points for it, right? Can I remove it at this stage? Any help appreciated. Thanks

deshp

Sep 9, 2018
I recently received an ITA for my application. My question is related to the Personal History section wherein we need to provide our personal details including Education and Work experience over the last 10 years.
Before ITA, in my education details, I had mentioned the starting year of my engineering as it is there on my first-semester mark sheet (2007). But, my admission in the same was 6 months prior to what I have mentioned in the profile (2006).
So now since the application checks for any gaps, I want to change the year from 2007 to 2006, 2006 being the actual year I started my college.
Currently, I am able to change the details in the profile. But is this recommended? From what I have read in other threads, as long as it does not affect the score we should be fine. So should I go ahead and change the year and mention this in the Letter of Explanation? Or should I decline the ITA and re-enter the pool the next time?

bp1209

Sep 11, 2018
Hi folks,

I have received my ITA in this draw. However in the Given Name field, my passport has my name along with my father's name, however while creating EE profile, I only wrote my name. Can this be changed or should I decline my ITA, edit the name and re-enter the pool?

Thanks in advance.

travelo_freak

Nov 1, 2018
Hello I need some urgent help!
I have created my EE profile in January and received PNP nomination February. I already received 600 additional points after i accepted the nomination. But my question is , how to update my EE profile post nomination, specifically for a question under application details> Has X received a Provincial nomination from any of the provinces or territories?

In January I answered "no" to this question, but now i want to change it to "yes", because now i have a nomination. But the particular area was greyed out, so i can't update. And while waiting for a reply from IRCC, I received an ITA .
So I am really confused about what to do

Thanks for reading
@Pin : Can you please tell me what you did? did u decline the ITA and wait or did u just submit your application after making changes in the PR application? Please answer.