+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistakes in eCOPRs

shravan95

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi Everyone
Some good news for me, I finally received amended document for the mistake on eCOPR. My date of original landing and date of recent landing were wrong, which they changed and sent a verification of status document.
I had mailed it to CPC Ottawa on 15th December 2021. Received it on 30th August 2022.
Thanks

Trangggggg

Sep 14, 2022
@legalfalcon
i have a question, can you please help me? Thank you.

I have checked the eCOPR and found that the place of birth was typed as TP HO CHI MI.
(which was missing two letters N H)

However, my place of birth on the passport is TP HO CHI MINH.

Also, TP means city in vietnamese and it is not necessary to included. So, I think the correct way of writing my place of birth is HO CHI MINH only

In this case, do i need to apply for amending information about the place of birth?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
i have a question, can you please help me? Thank you.

I have checked the eCOPR and found that the place of birth was typed as TP HO CHI MI.
(which was missing two letters N H)

However, my place of birth on the passport is TP HO CHI MINH.

Also, TP means city in vietnamese and it is not necessary to included. So, I think the correct way of writing my place of birth is HO CHI MINH only

In this case, do i need to apply for amending information about the place of birth?
It will have no impact on your COPR or your citizenship application as and when you apply in the future.

Hanouni

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
Hi @legalfalcon i just got my ecopr yesterday and it has a mistake in martial status it says single although in the sponsor information it is written in relationship: spouse ( i am sponsored by my husband)
I am really in a hurry to apply for the health card so can i use the wrong ecopr to apply until it get corrected or i have to wait to receive the pr card/ correct ecopr first?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon i just got my ecopr yesterday and it has a mistake in martial status it says single although in the sponsor information it is written in relationship: spouse ( i am sponsored by my husband)
I am really in a hurry to apply for the health card so can i use the wrong ecopr to apply until it get corrected or i have to wait to receive the pr card/ correct ecopr first?
Go ahead an use the COPR to get your health card, no problems there. Also, I would wait for the PR to see if there are any mistakes there before asking to change the copr.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Go ahead an use the COPR to get your health card, no problems there. Also, I would wait for the PR to see if there are any mistakes there before asking to change the copr.
It says in the email to check your info and send query if anything wrong in eCOPR.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
It says in the email to check your info and send query if anything wrong in eCOPR.
Yes that is what it says, but mistake or not, some of these complaints are insignificant and hold no real concern to the PR card and potential citizenship application. Your name and last entry date are the two must important points to correct. Getting the name of your place of birth missing 2 letter is ridiculous.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Yes that is what it says, but mistake or not, some of these complaints are insignificant and hold no real concern to the PR card and potential citizenship application. Your name and last entry date are the two must important points to correct. Getting the name of your place of birth missing 2 letter is ridiculous.
The place of birth is always in short form hence couple of letters and it is mentioned in the email. It is never written in full mentioned in the email as well. Read the email again.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2022
@legalfalcon Need your guidance here
Hi,
I am CEC inland applicant with dependent spouse. We got our eCOPR on 8 March23.
I am the principal applicant. In my eCOPR, under dependent information, the answer to the questions "have you any dependants other than those listed below?" is NO and has my wife's details below it. This is correct.

However, in my wife's eCOPR (who is dependent), the answer to this question is YES, and has my correct details below this question.
But, she does not have any other dependent. Is this normal?

What should be the next steps, if this is incorrect?

romi04

Dec 1, 2021
unimportant fields like first entry / last entry those do not need to be fixed.
Things that do need to be fixed:
first name, middle name, last name
country of birth
birthday

That's all my friends.
What about marital status?

brenique

Apr 19, 2023
Hi I’m having a similar problem my Birthday is correct on all documents Passport, application but they made an error on my CoPR with the year will it pose at issue at landing or can I ask them to just correct it my birthday is November 9,2002 and they have November 9,2001.
I need help I booked a Flight from Jamaica to Canada before I realised the issue for May 8,2023.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
@legalfalcon Need your guidance here
Hi,
I am CEC inland applicant with dependent spouse. We got our eCOPR on 8 March23.
I am the principal applicant. In my eCOPR, under dependent information, the answer to the questions "have you any dependants other than those listed below?" is NO and has my wife's details below it. This is correct.

However, in my wife's eCOPR (who is dependent), the answer to this question is YES, and has my correct details below this question.
But, she does not have any other dependent. Is this normal?

What should be the next steps, if this is incorrect?
I suggest you review the family forms that you submitted to see if your wife listed any other dependent. Do you have children or legal guardian of someone who is not accompanying you? In any event, I don't see that as a problem. If you think about it, it's best to declare a dependent that to not have one declared. So if you don't have one, no issues, but if you did have a dependent and they were not listed then you would have problems in the future with sponsorship. I wouldn't worry about this if it is an error.

Nemfis

Sep 16, 2022
St. John's
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hey folks, Hi @legalfalcon I have an issue, and hopefully you can help me with that.

I just got my eCoPR today, and there is a mistake. I was born in Country A (TJK) and was a citizen until 2020. However, I received a Country B (UKR) citizenship in 2020. and give up on TJK citizenship. In my eCoPR, there is Citizenship and Country of Birth - TJK, and Travel doc no and Country of the issue - UKR and its passport no. As I understand - I have to ask them for an amendment as in my PR card there will be Nationality - TJK and not my new one.

1) Would it affect my spouse and children's card waiting times since I'm a Primary Applicant?
2) WIll I receive a PR card now, and should I renew it after VoS has done or will I receive a PR card after VoS?

IRCC call center has both of my citizenships on file, but due to my country of birth, they considered it primary Nationality. Can it potentially affect my future life in Canada and my citizenship application, or should I lose 5-6 months to amend it? Thanks in advance!