+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistakes in eCOPRs

uigg

Sep 29, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon I need your help! I received my eCOPR last week in the portal, but I noticed the following regarding my place of birth:

Place of birth in passport: MANDALUYONG CITY
Place of birth in PR Application: MANDALUYONG (I only put the name of the city as I was reading too much into it when they asked for "City of birth" - I thought I did not need to put the word "city" after)
eCOPR: MANDALUYONG

Should I reply to my portal email with a request to correct this as early as now or is this not necessary? I am afraid this would cause me any problems in the future when applying for citizenship...

priteshk53

Oct 13, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon

I just received my ECoPR today and found out there's a mistake in it. The citizenship section it says Canada where as it should be India.

Can you advise if it's necessary to apply for correction or should I leave it as it is? Does it make a difference in a updating my sin number and applying for citizenship for future purpose?

Reactions: Arch1991

Mrunalni

Jan 17, 2021
Just send a web form request, and an email to the portal guys, explain the issue and wait. I sent request and got it amended after 6 weeks. I didn’t do any thing aside that
Hi.. I recently received ecopr and my last entry date is given same as first entry date which Is wrong and location is unknown. When filling webform what option should I choose and can you please let me know the mail I'd to send email too.. thank you

sbayes

Sep 24, 2020
Anybody experienced having someone else's ENTIRE eCOPR being attached to their PR Portal profile, instead of their own.
Like literally, 100%, someone else's document. The only thing that is mine is that the file name has my UCI on it. I can't ammend it... it's completely incorrect.

• Wow
Reactions: Lc4life and klein

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
Hi.. I recently received ecopr and my last entry date is given same as first entry date which Is wrong and location is unknown. When filling webform what option should I choose and can you please let me know the mail I'd to send email too.. thank you
Same here, I got wrong first entry date, last entry date and location is Unknown. My ecopr was issued on 11/05/2021 and I emailed them about errors in last entry, first entry and location and also called IRCC. The agent at IRCC also advised to email. So now I am waiting for the correct one.

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
D
Same here, I got wrong first entry date, last entry date and location is Unknown. My ecopr was issued on 11/05/2021 and I emailed them about errors in last entry, first entry and location and also called IRCC. The agent at IRCC also advised to email. So now I am waiting for the correct one.
Do we need to raise a web form also?

Lilykalia

Nov 22, 2021
Anybody experienced having someone else's ENTIRE eCOPR being attached to their PR Portal profile, instead of their own.
Like literally, 100%, someone else's document. The only thing that is mine is that the file name has my UCI on
Like literally, 100%, someone else's document. The only thing that is mine is that the file name has my UCI on it. I can't ammend it... it's completely incorrect.
yes I am did u get any solution?

Simchi Marak

Nov 29, 2021
@legalfalcon hi I see you giving answers to other can you please help what I should do in my eCoPP there’s minor mistake in SPOUSE INFORMATION there’s my husband address pincode is mistake what I should do? Should I send amendments form or should I send email to ircc… but in my PP portal account there’s correct address only in eCoPR

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon hi I see you giving answers to other can you please help what I should do in my eCoPP there’s minor mistake in SPOUSE INFORMATION there’s my husband address pincode is mistake what I should do? Should I send amendments form or should I send email to ircc… but in my PP portal account there’s correct address only in eCoPR
You can send an email to IRCC and see if they respond, if not then you will have to make a formal request to amend.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

I just received my ECoPR today and found out there's a mistake in it. The citizenship section it says Canada where as it should be India.

Can you advise if it's necessary to apply for correction or should I leave it as it is? Does it make a difference in a updating my sin number and applying for citizenship for future purpose?
It will not have any issues, since your identity document is your passport and PR card. As long as the info on it is correct, you need not worry.

Arch1991

Apr 14, 2019
Hello @legalfalcon

Hi, i just received my EcoPR today. but it has the same mistake as yours. my citizenship was entered wrong. apart from that everything else is correct. the issue is, my SIN for my Temp work permit will expire soon. and I'm not sure whether service canada will issue me a new SIN even if there is such a mistake. would you please update if it worked out with you and got your SIN. i would really appreciate your answer. Thank you.

Arch1991

Apr 14, 2019
It will not have any issues, since your identity document is your passport and PR card. As long as the info on it is correct, you need not worry.
Thank you for your answer. but what about SIN. do you think we can get one untill they correct the eCoPR. my Temp SIN is about to expire. and at the same time i cant sign my eCoPR and introduce to Service Canada as they will refuse an unsigned eCoPR...please advice.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for your answer. but what about SIN. do you think we can get one untill they correct the eCoPR. my Temp SIN is about to expire. and at the same time i cant sign my eCoPR and introduce to Service Canada as they will refuse an unsigned eCoPR...please advice.

SIN is processed by the Department of Employment and Social Development. If your name and date of birth are correct, you can get a SIN. However, the final decision will be for Service Canda to make based on your documents.