+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistakes in eCOPRs

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Just received my eCOPR. The date of original entry is off by 10 days. I've emailed them but based on responses here it seems they don't generally respond at least for a few weeks.

Will emailing them delay the processing of my PR Card? I need to travel in the coming months, thats why I ask.

@legalfalcon would appreciate your advice as always.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Just received my eCOPR. The date of original entry is off by 10 days. I've emailed them but based on responses here it seems they don't generally respond at least for a few weeks.

Will emailing them delay the processing of my PR Card? I need to travel in the coming months, thats why I ask.

@legalfalcon would appreciate your advice as always.
This is not a big deal and won't matter. Also, IRCC may never respond so be prepared for it. If you want any changes to be made in the COPR, you will have to do it formally https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

shravan95

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi everyone!
I had wrong original entry and recent entry in my eCOPR, so I sent it to Ottawa for correction. However I hadn’t signed the eCOPR as the dates were wrong. Will they reject it without amending it ? Thanks

wisetrack

Jun 18, 2018
Hi everyone!
I had wrong original entry and recent entry in my eCOPR, so I sent it to Ottawa for correction. However I hadn’t signed the eCOPR as the dates were wrong. Will they reject it without amending it ? Thanks
I don’t think you should sign it if it was wrong. Did you hear back from them? I am on the same boat for my kid, where the first name is mistyped in the COPR and need to file for amendment now.

ShahA

Mar 30, 2022
Hi @legalfalcon .
I am a CEC Outland applicant hoping to do my landing soon . I noticed in my COPR all info is correct except the original date of entry .
I landed first time in year 2008 . However in my COPR it is mentioned as 2017 as original date of entry .( First time I landed as a worker) .
I am assuming they have kept the date of 2017 considering the new citizenship rule of 365 days count in the last 5 years before becoming a PR .
Please correct me if am wrong here ?
secondly do I need to get this date amended or not ? And does it have any impact on my landing ?
Thankyou for your time .

shravan95

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
I don’t think you should sign it if it was wrong. Did you hear back from them? I am on the same boat for my kid, where the first name is mistyped in the COPR and need to file for amendment now.
No it’s been 3 months and I haven’t heard from them

Shiy

Apr 17, 2022
@legalfalcon Please guide,
Like most people here, I had some issues with my eCOPR. I received it in October 2021 but did not receive for my two kids. It appeared correct but when I tried to change my SIN they said the document needed validation and sent several messages to IRCC but got no response. I wrote emails, filled web forms, tried to call, visited IRCC office, but all attempts were unsuccessful as they were too busy to even listen to me. So I went to my MP, who flagged this issue for me and there was response within a couple of days. Now I have my children’s eCOPR. Only problem now is that they reissued another eCOPR for me and dated it for just last week. This means instead of being a PR for 6months, all of a sudden I’m a PR for only a few days. Besides losing 6months towards citizenship, now I’m also concerned that I have been circulating a different document for the last 6months to my employers, Service Canada, UK and US embassies and any other establishment that has requested for proof of status. Can this be a problem? I’d hate to go and bother the MP again as I’m sure there must be many cases his office is dealing with. Any advice will be helpful.

Deepti mehta

Sep 24, 2017
This is not a big deal and won't matter. Also, IRCC may never respond so be prepared for it. If you want any changes to be made in the COPR, you will have to do it formally https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html
@legalfalcon Can we travel to Canada if surname is blank in passport and its mentioned in Copr although full name mentioned in Copr is correct or we have to wait it to be corrected before we travel to Canada

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Just send a web form request, and an email to the portal guys, explain the issue and wait. I sent request and got it amended after 6 weeks. I didn’t do any thing aside that
Thanks for sharing I don't know if you still check this forum or not.
So after 6 weeks you got another update in your PR Confirmation Portal Acct and this time the CoPR is correct?
Thank you.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Thank you for your answer. but what about SIN. do you think we can get one untill they correct the eCoPR. my Temp SIN is about to expire. and at the same time i cant sign my eCoPR and introduce to Service Canada as they will refuse an unsigned eCoPR...please advice.
Hi In similar boat, were you able to get the SIN?

Rana sumit

Jun 18, 2022
Same here, I got wrong first entry date, last entry date and location is Unknown. My ecopr was issued on 11/05/2021 and I emailed them about errors in last entry, first entry and location and also called IRCC. The agent at IRCC also advised to email. So now I am waiting for the correct one.
Hello you got correct one copr or not

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Hello you got correct one copr or not
unimportant fields like first entry / last entry those do not need to be fixed.
Things that do need to be fixed:
first name, middle name, last name
country of birth
birthday

That's all my friends.

Rana sumit

Jun 18, 2022
unimportant fields like first entry / last entry those do not need to be fixed.
Things that do need to be fixed:
first name, middle name, last name
country of birth
birthday

That's all my friends.
Thanks my friends but they wrote my old passport no on my copr but I renew my passport and I sent them copy also but still they wrote the old one so its ok or not I have my both passport with me

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Thanks my friends but they wrote my old passport no on my copr but I renew my passport and I sent them copy also but still they wrote the old one so its ok or not I have my both passport with me
no it's not necessary. Only critical information are needed to be amended.

Reactions: QC_